main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "I love being a Turtle!": Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by WebLurker, Oct 21, 2016.

1. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Next episode of the Nick cartoon is scheduled to air on Nov. 6, called "The Super Shredder" (That doesn't sound ominous at all ;))

A TMNT/Batman comic book miniseries, with the Nick cartoon Turtles meeting the DCAU Batman, will be starting on Nov. 9. (Apparently, Batman will be crossing over into the Turtles's reality, instead of vice versa, as it was in the previous crossover comic with the IDW Turtles and the New-52 Batman).

2. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  4. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    Interesting updates for the Nick cartoon (spoilers):

A clip from the next episode was released through IGN.
    Called "The Super Shredder," we finally see the effects of the mutagen dose that Shredder has been putting himself through, and it's not pretty. Specially, he confronts Karai again, who's been trying to restart the Foot Clan under more honorable management and put an end to Shredder's operations.

Some one taped a longer, less clear version of the clip here.

They've also released a clip for the opener of next season!
    Tiger Claw, seemingly part of some cult now, summons up a demodragon (a demon?) named Kavaxas in front of the Turtles. Kavaxas is planned to be some kind of major villain and is voiced by a guy named Mark Hamill. You may have heard of him. While I'm more interested in the sci-fi part of the franchise than the mystical, it looks impressive. I'm also really curious how Tiger Claw got to the point of wanting supernatural power, since he seemed to be one of the more sane members of the Foot Clan in the past, and seems to even be disassociated with the Foot Clan period. I'm also curious about his right paw, which looks like a cybernetic hand now. Will he get maimed somewhere between this season and next?

5. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    why do people always start these amphiteatre threads with boring quotes from the show/movie? is that part of the amphiteatre style guide or something? "All titles must contain pull quotes, which must be stupid"

SuperWatto likes this.
  6. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016
    I did it partially because that was the style of the others, but mostly because I thought it was fun.

7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Good luck with this thread. I don't think many here like TMNT in its current form.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  8. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016

Which one? The Nick cartoon, the IDW comics, or the current movie series? And thanks?

seventhbeacon likes this.
  9. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    That's probably what he means. The cartoon and the comics are great though. :)

seventhbeacon likes this.
  10. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The original cartoon from circa 1988 is, and always will be, the best. I was super thrilled when I found the complete DVD set at Best Buy a few years ago.

11. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Misplaced, misguided literary ambitions.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  12. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    The Fox cartoon series was great...until they had the Turtles go to the future. That was pathetic compared against past seasons.

13. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    At least this quote is recognizable. So many are not at all iconic, let alone profound or engaging or whatever people are imaging when they quote these things. The comic book mega threads are particularly bad offenders, and may as well just be a random string of pronouns and prepositions.

14. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    No mater how many times I change it back, some rogue mod keeps renaming the DC movies thread with a boring pull quote (I assume The2ndQuest).

The subtitle I chose was "Post Here If Your Mother's Name Is Martha". Far superior, IMO.

15. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I've been loving the Nickelodeon series so far, not as much as the one I grew up with but for me it's easily the best interpretation since then. Using the inter-dimensional travel stories to cross over with the old cartoon was especially great. Haven't read the comics in a long time but have been meaning to check out the Batman crossover. Also, and I'm probably in the minority here, I don't hate the new movies.

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

And I was sure I gave myself away by sabotaging your MCU thread title with one mocking the Mandarin. :p

Short explanation - when I broke the DCEU thread off from the Man of Steel endless debate, I was a) looking to standardize with the MCU thread, and b) looking for a line that reflected the whole universe, which is what I want discussed in that film as opposed to one movie about a mass murderer.

If there's a Martha in Wonder Woman, I'll gladly cede the title back to you.

Anyway, that's the end of my detour. Heroes in a half shell. Turtle Power.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    The new movies are terrible and a crime against humanity. They make the 90's trilogy look like Toy Story.

Darth Basin likes this.
  18. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

is it recognizable? i don't recognize it. then again, most of my familiarity with tmnt comes from the Turtles in Time SNES game. that game ruled

19. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016

To my knowledge, it was used in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990 movie), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze, TMNT (2007 CGI movie), and the Nick cartoon ("Target: April O'Neil").

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  20. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    And the intro to seasons 1 to 5 of the 2003 show.

Ezio Skywalker and WebLurker like this.
  21. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

thanks.

oh and i also played the first 10 minutes or so of that NES turtles game a bunch of times. that game was hard as balls

22. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016

Oh, yeah, that's right. Haven't seen that much of the '03 show.

23. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    You're missing out. The 2003 show on Fox was great.

24. WebLurker

Mar 12, 2016

It's not bad, but I don't find it as enjoyable as the '80s or Nick shows.

cubman987 likes this.
  25. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Honestly, I think that was the best version of the Turtles.

darkspine10 likes this.