main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Mike 'Dorkman' Scott Injured, Needs Our Help

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by LAJ_FETT , Oct 2, 2014.

1. NightWalker1138

NightWalker1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 24, 2015
    Go Michael! =D= You're truly inspiring and such of a fighter! I'm glad you're better!^:)^

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    From the FB page:

8 hrs ·
    A few more from his day at Universal Studios Hollywood.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 hrs ·
    We took Michael to Universal Studios Hollywood today! He wanted to go to the "Wizarding World Of Harry Potter" and we made it happen! He rode "Flight of the Hippogriff" and "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey", found a wand at Ollivander's Wand Shop, drank a butterbeer, and explored all of Hogsmead. We also went to the "Dispicable Me" section and saw "Shrek 4D". We all had a great time and look forward to going back again.
    Comments

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    From the FB page:

Michael will be at Comic Con in San Diego today and tomorrow. We have already run into a few fans and it makes Michael's day awesome when someone stops him for a picture. We hope to see more of you! If you take a picture with him, please post it here!
    Enjoy your weekend!

4. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    FB Update:

Thank you for the awesome weekend San Diego! A year ago Michael said he wanted to attend this year's Comic-Con. And we are so proud of Michael for setting this goal and accomplishing it! See you next year!
    [​IMG]

10 hrs · San Diego, CA, United States ·
    Comic-Con 2016
    [​IMG]

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  6. theMaestro

theMaestro Jedi Master star 3

Oct 16, 2015
    Did anyone used to listen to the Friends In Your Head podcasts which Dorkman had participated in? I do miss hearing him analyze and talk about movies. I hope his physical and mental recovery is going well.

7. 2K-D2

2K-D2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2016
    I did - got a lot more I'm gonna listen to in the future.

They stopped officially *not* due to this accident, but who knows if they'll resume after he's recovered.

8. theMaestro

Oct 16, 2015
    Nah, Teague clarified that they stopped because they had said everything they wanted to say about movies/topics they were passionate about. Soon it was turning into them doing commentaries on movies they didn't really even care about and so they realized that it was time to stop.

However, Teague, Ryan, and Eddie did get together again with The Extended Edition podcast to do a TFA commentary, which was pretty interesting to listen to since Ryan actually worked on the VFX for the film.

9. 2K-D2

Aug 4, 2016
    What extended edition?!

All I knew is, they said they might do some casual thing, but the main page hasn't been updated since... is it on the forums somewhere?

PS: I think there were several movies that they expressed interest in reviewing, incl. on top of my head TDKR and PotC sequels, that they ended up not - seems like there'd be lots to say about those, but I guess they lost interest at some point?

10. theMaestro

Oct 16, 2015
    Yeah The Extended Edition was a podcast started by some of the forum members; it occasionally had some FIYH people on it, including Dorkman. They did a TFA commentary a couple months ago featuring Teague, Ryan, & Eddie: http://www.extendededition.net/119-the-force-awakens-commentary/

Yeah maybe they lost interest or it was some combination of that + lack of profitability. But it seems like if they ever do commentaries again, it'll be as guests on The Extended Edition podcast. The TFA one is definitely worth a listen; it feels like old times again, even with just 3 FIYHers. For that one, the actual Extended Edition hosts were often fine letting the FIYHers steal the show at times haha

11. 2K-D2

Aug 4, 2016
    Ah didn't know anything about that, I thought they were just counting flies on the forums lol (well that, and workin') - looks like lots of new stuff to check out, cool!

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    From the FB site:

Today, September 30th, is the 2nd anniversary of Michael's accident. It is amazing how much progress Michael has made since that first night in Cedar-Sinai's ICU. We are all incredibly proud of him.
    Today is also memorable because his old employer rehired him! He will begin working as a visual effects compositor next week.

13. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016

This is really sad, I hope everything goes well for him and his family. Do you think they will press charges against the texting driver?

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That is some great news! No matter how dark it seems there is always a light.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I believe the texting driver was also 'under the influence' so I'm sure he will proceed through the legal system. However I don't think we've had any updates in that area.

16. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Do we know how his medical bills were paid. If he was "laid off" as a result of the accident, how were his medical bills paid?

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I know they had a campaign going to raise money so I'm sure that helped. The Facebook page hasn't been updated since the end of Sep.

18. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

His recovery is nothing short of miraculous. I just hope he is not under the burden of hospital bills.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    So do I. Hopefully he had some kind of insurance. I don't know the offender's situation so I don't know if he could be sued for causing the injuries. Even if he could does he have the money to pay?

20. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

As you know LAJ_FETT I am a lawyer who has some experience with this. My best guess is that depending on the coverage he carried at the time of the accident, a portion of the costs would be picked up. Any money he recovers in a lawsuit, may not be immediately available to him.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You'd know better than me then. My background is IT, not law.

22. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I just feel to for the guy. Physical and Mental recovery from something like that, is just the beginning. Then you have the legal and economic ramifications from something like this.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I hear ya. It would be one story if it was his fault (like if he'd been driving under the influence). But he was innocent in the matter.

24. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I really do appreciate you for updating this thread.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    FB update (first since the end of Sep):

We were able to score Comic-Con badges today!
    We are so excited to take Michael again and have a great weekend in San Diego this July. We hope to see some of you there! [​IMG]