main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My Star Wars Art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by princessnikki, Nov 13, 2016.

1. princessnikki

princessnikki Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2012
    I have been trying to improve my skills with photoshop and I have created these images along with some step by step images of the pictures in progress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

teamhansolo likes this.
  2. Revyl Ren

Revyl Ren Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2015
    Not wanting to sound overly harsh, but you should consider getting facial anatomy right before learning to colorize in Photoshop.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

3. princessnikki

Nov 8, 2012
  4. princessnikki

Nov 8, 2012

I am only an amateur. I have only just started using photoshop and just learning how to use everything on it. I need to get a graphics tablet as well rather than just using the mouse as it should give me better control on what I am creating.

teamhansolo likes this.
  5. princessnikki

Nov 8, 2012
  6. Revyl Ren

Revyl Ren Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2015
    As I said, my comment wasn't meant to be harsh, even if it might have sounded so.
    If you drew everything with the mouse, then yes, you should get a tablet if you want to be serious about it. In the meantime you can make inked pencil sketches by hand, scan them and clean them up and then you have a nice organic base to work with and colorize.
    Also, if you want to go more in a cel-shading, graphics direction, I recommend Illustrator (or Inkscape, which is free) because nothing beats vectors, whereas Photoshop needs a more painterly approach. And as I said, both work best with a tablet.
    Keep up the work, your snowspeeder looks pretty good!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk