main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Fanfic Writer's Desk: Your Place for Writing Discussion, Questions, and Advice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luna_Nightshade, Nov 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I'd like to see something tropical/beach resort type...we may be getting one in Rogue, but that could be interesting. Also, how about a planet which isn't conducive to getting off a starship & just wandering around, something that requires a suit for most human types to survive in?

Or one with a much higher or lower gravity, and the adaptations the characters might have to make?

Just thoughts if you really need creative input, Gamiel, although frankly you seem to be pretty creative on your own!

Findswoman and Gamiel like this.
  2. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    My main OC is from Agamar, and pays a visit to a world in Lahara sector that is hidden from the rest of the galaxy by the collective Force presences of the endemically-sensitive species that lives there, called T'lessia.

They're basically an expy species of the asari from Mass Effect.

Gamiel likes this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I like to work with a foundation. I have easier times coming up with stuff if I have something to work from, like your tropical/beach resort suggestion.

Can I hope for a fanon post about this in the near future? [face_batting]

4. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    T'lessia
    Sa'ari

Gamiel likes this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What kind of god/s would a character pray to when trying to escape? If she belong to a pantheistic belief system.

6. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    God of luck, trickster god, god of soldiers (or other profession if she isn't a soldier), family/clan/caste god

Gamiel likes this.
  7. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    God or goddess of speed, for me. ("Oh Blessed Lady of Perpetual Acceleration, don't fail us now!"--The Blues Brothers)

Gamiel likes this.
  8. OridgeTridge

OridgeTridge Jedi Knight

Feb 13, 2016

A tidally-locked world could be interesting. Maybe the day side is a Serengeti-like plain and the night side is a dark and barren wasteland. Ryloth seems like the natural choice for this world, but you could go for another or make up one of your own.

A "crystalline planet". I'm picturing gleaming and jagged features as far as the eye can see. Maybe there are silicon-based lifeforms that clank around the surface breathing out corrosive exhaust, almost like machines.

A "mountain planet". There are no level surfaces anywhere. The whole world is wind-swept peaks and precipitous valleys. From space the world would have a very "wrinkly" appearance from being literally blanketed in mountains.

Gamiel likes this.
  9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Hey all—I wanted to ask, has any sort of Imperial regulatory bureau for food, beverages, drugs, agriculture, etc. been established in the official lore? If not, I was planning to just coin the Imperial Food and Agriculture Bureau (IFAB), but I did want to first make sure it didn't already exist. Thanks! :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I was looking more for sneaking and/or quietly escaping but I am absolutely using that when there will be a need for speed :D

11. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Can't see anything on the Wiki. You are probably good to go.

12. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    What would you call the area on a ship where the crew gathers and socializes, such as where the dejarik table is on the Falcon? Also is there a name for the semi-circular couch that goes around the dejarik table or would you just call it a couch?

Ewok Poet likes this.
  13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    lounge I think

I think it is just a semi-circular couch, or just couch for short.

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I asked in lit and this come up

15. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    That first one is just exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. Thanks so much, Gamiel and Senpezeco! :)

Ewok Poet and Senpezeco like this.
  16. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I totally know what that is for. :D

I always thought that @Chyntuck's "Alderaanian conversation circle" was a further exploration of that idea, at least I had pictured it it in my head like that, but sort of stuck in the floor...? Now I'm curious about both the official whatever and that one.

Findswoman likes this.
  17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Yep, that's exactly my understanding of the "conversation circle" too, which is in fact in the Wook, though unfortunately without either a picture or much of a description. IIRC, there's one (or at least something similar) in the scene between Han and Leia on Cloud City.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  18. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    The Alderaanian conversation circle is from somewhere in official lore (don't quote me on it, but it could be from the HoT duology). I don't remember that there was any description in the book besides the name; I imagined it as a very sophisticated circular sitting area where the armchairs & couches were made of carved wood.

Raissa Baiard I think that in Legends novels the area where the dejarik table is located in the Falcon is called the lounge.

Edit: ninja'ed by Finds!

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  19. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Thank you, both. I totally thought it was fanon all along. And it still sounds really good. :)

Findswoman likes this.
  20. Snocone

Snocone Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 14, 2015
    I-5, you're a riot.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  21. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I'm thinking of doing a short based in the Disney canon universe based off something in the Lost Plots thread, can someone give me a TLDR of the post-Jedi books so far?

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    TL, BATI (Too Long, Baulked At The Idea)

[face_coffee]

whiskers likes this.
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    * Do we know where the sector governor of the Lahara sector ruled from?

* Have I understood it right that Gandolo IV is a lifeless rock without any air?

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Reading the page that you linked to, I see no direct or indirect indication that the planet is airless, eg. no references to vacsuits, pressure domes, escaping air from the crushed ship, etc.

There is a difference between lifeless and barren. Only says barren, so little visible plant life. Barren does not necessarily cover fauna.

It does use the word "rock", so I would say you are on the money with that bit.

Gamiel likes this.
  25. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Well a friend of mine once drew a galaxy map based on dozens of books. He took Agamar as the capital of the Lahamar sector.

Sith-I-5 and Gamiel like this.