main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Info Index + rules + Q&A

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 14, 2013.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Looking at it we're thinking that FanFilms is still the place to post those.

RKR likes this.
  2. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    Seems to have very minimal activity though. Perhaps if a particular video is relevant to a particular thread I could post it there? For example, in the lit sub there is a thread on the Celestials, would it be an issue if I posted a Celestials lore video in there?

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Point Given, could you help RKR?

RKR, generally spoken, it's not so good to post the same thing in different places, but there might be exceptions like asking for different kind of feedback (technical and/or content feedback). So, it's best to ask a mod of the forum in question. That's why I tacked Point Given. :)

Jedi Knight Fett and RKR like this.
  4. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    Thanks. To clarify though, I definitely wouldn't post a particular video more than once.

5. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    What's the nature of the particular video? We generally don't allow fan created works, since our part of the boards are concerned with those that are published by various licensed creators.

6. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    It's mentioned on the preceding page, lore/theory videos for a YouTube channel.

7. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Kashuula Korulanlaa Jedi Master star 2

Jan 18, 2016
    ^^^^ so what I do with some new members is; i go to their profile page and welcome them to the site, is this okay??, btw I like doing it and I have done it a lot

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Basically, it's fine to welcome new members in their profile - as long as it doesn't hurt any rules of the JC/FF. But it's a lot better to welcome them in their introduction/welcome threads. This way other people can join the talk and it's the place where new members want to see the replies. New members who don't post their welcome thread might not want to be officially be welcomed. So, I'd be careful to welcome one just because of a new sign up date.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Hello everyone and new fellow users. I'm still trying to find my sea legs, does anyone know what the 'throw dice' button does on your posts?

edit;

Oh. Is that for gaming I take it...

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  10. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

Its an outdated function that I believe is a carryover from the former forums.

Skiara and Jar-Jar Binks like this.
  11. Jar-Jar Binks

Nov 17, 2016
    I don't think I can be a Sith. I was thinking of creating a 'Jedi Academy (Welcome Fans of the Force)' thread. So I checked the first dozen pages of the welcome new users threads and did not find anything like it besides the Sith thread. I was also thinking of creating a 'Should the Millennium Falcon have been in the Prequel Trilogy?' thread. Just something that has been on my mind this week and would like to know others thoughts on the subject. Checked the first ten pages of the PT threads but did not find anything either. Any thoughts or suggestions?

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    The sith thread is an embassy of the main thread at another board to help new users to introduce them to other parts of the forum. So, if you like to open a similar thread in WNU, I ask you to get in contact with the jedi threads at SW Community and EU Community. They haven't started a thread in here yet, but they might be interested. But it should be a work of them all together and not just of a single person (in this case you).

About the other thread ("Falcon in PT") on the one hand I think the falcon had a little appearance in the Prequel Trilogy (PT) and on the other hand you should contact one of the mods of the PT. They know if a similar thread exists or where you can discuss your question, plus contacting the mod of the board in question helps you to avoid to get a thread locked.

Did this help or do you have further questions, Jar-Jar Binks?

13. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I've been thinking of creating a sock, just in case I need it for some reason. How do I do that?

14. Jar-Jar Binks

Nov 17, 2016
    What is a sock?

15. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Basically a secondary account.

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Cowgirl Jedi 1701, basically you need to sign off and to sign up again with a different email adress. Did this help you? :)

17. BMO

BMO Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2016
    Not quite sure if this is the correct place to ask a question, but the help tap offered no help (lol). The images across the website no longer appear on my computer. Only a very rare image appears- no picture banners, very few pictures in any thread. How do I fix this?

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Might be a technical problem. Then it would fit better to Comms. But maybe LAJ_FETT has an idea.

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Ouch - not sure on this. What are you using to view the site - PC, phone, etc. Also what operating system and browser/version if it's a PC? Note that I don't use a tablet or phone to browse here so if I can't answer the question I'll point you to our tech help thread in Comms, as Skiara said.

Edit - one thing you could try is clearing your internet temp files - see if that helps.

Skiara likes this.
  20. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    Yup.

Skiara likes this.
  21. tcw7567

tcw7567 Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2017
    I'm new here. How do I know where the right place is to post a question about where a scene is from in the clone wars? Thanks

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Take a look at our SW TV forum. If you use the 'Clone Wars' tag at the top left of the thread list you'll see the Clone Wars threads. If you're still in doubt you can PM one of the forum mods to ask. (Their names are at the top right of the thread list.)

23. tcw7567

tcw7567 Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2017
    Also how do I put a picture in a post when I'm on a mobile device?

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's a bit complicated. First you need to upload the pic to a place like fotobucket or so. Then you need the exact link to that pic. Then you need the coding for posting an image. That should be [ image=YourLink ] without the breaks. Then you just need to write your post as usuall, add the coding with the link and hit "post". :)

I hope the coding is correct. I'm at my mobile as well and so I can't check it. If anyone wants to correct me, feel free. :D

Edit: I just found a way to check for the coding using tapatalk. If the coding above doesn't work, try this one, please: [ IMG][/IMG ] (without breaks again)

25. tcw7567

tcw7567 Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2017
    I got it to work thanks so much for your help!

Skiara likes this.