main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Alan Tudyk (K-2SO) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darkslayer, Aug 15, 2015.

1. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    you guys worried or excited about k-2 'dying' do realize that droids dont really 'die' right?

unless he gets zapped by the death star there's always a chance he can be pieced back together.....

Rodie likes this.
  2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    yes droids can die. they can be completely destroyed and/or their ai can disappear.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Right, and even though it's not a literal biological death, it's still the death of that character. And I do pretty much expect that to happen with K-2SO, in some sort of sacrifice to save some of his rebel teammates.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015
    well r-2 'died' at the end of a ANH. he got totally zapped (not just broken or shot to pieces like threepio) and im pretty sure they were able to bring him back to 'life'

5. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, but that means that was not a true character death. He is saved, and we are quickly shown that their efforts to save him were successful.

6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    As long as the droid doesn't lose it's memory and remains pretty much intact it doesn't die, R2 was hit a couple of times but survived. The only guaranteed way of killing a droid is to vaporize it. :D

7. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    3po's mind was wiped but those were his memory banks. his ai and personality remained.

Django Fett likes this.
  8. raefinnpoe

Dec 18, 2015

this is why im saying unless he gets vaporized he doesnt 'die' necesserily. you can always hobble parts and computer programming back together.

or as johnny five would say 'grasshopper reassemble?"

9. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012

The dialogue says "wiped" but it could be either what we call a 'factory reset' and everything in his memory bank is lost, that way he keeps his personality and his technical abilities, otherwise he'd have to be completely reprogrammed after a memory wipe.

10. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    that's what i said.

Django Fett likes this.
  11. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  12. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Some of you have probably seen this video in the RO vehicles thread, but K-2SO appears in this ad.

13. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Well, his memory bank could be blown to smithereens, damaged beyond repair, so in the sense, if he sustains an injury like that, you could have a "death" of a droid. It would be amazing if the film builds him up so we really care about him, and then at the end he dies in Cassian's arms. Would be amazing, like HAL dying in 2001.

14. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Oh No, I bet he gets damaged, reboots, and trys to kill the group and they have to put him down.

15. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    I wonder if Alan Tudyk could play IG-88 in a Boba Fett movie?

16. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I'm sure he could, question would be would they want him to? I don't know if he would really be fitting for that character.

17. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012

With his experience of portraying a larger than life droid through mo-cap i'd have thought he would be LFL's first choice however the director, whoever that would be, may see it different.

May be Stephen Hawking could do the voice?

18. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I just don't see how that would be the first concern. The whole idea of mo-cap is you're getting the essence of the actor through the CGI. The voice, the mannerisms, etc. You don't train a fighter to act (ok well maybe they do sometimes, but look how that generally works out), you train an actor to fight. I don't see how Tudyk, who had to learn it on the job, would really have a leg up on anyone else.

19. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    K2SO4. Potassium Sulphate. I just remembered my chemistry class from 35 years ago.

20. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Now in terms of current fighters, I would agree; I will politely add Shaw Brothers hired some brilliant martial artists who became excellent actors too; three of which are still acting today (and two of them performing some martial arts too).

Insofar as Tudyk, I like the character thus far (the design is amazing) and I already believe in his droid. Should be interesting to see the character working with Bodi, Jyn etc.

21. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I guess that answers the question of whether or not K-2SO dies.

23. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I always feel bad for Best. He was just right there on the cusp of the revolution in animated characters and he just missed it. Had Lucas done things a little different, had the character been better received, had the movies in general been better received, Best would have been the Andy Serkis of the world.

24. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Those enforcer droids are not quite as tough as one would expect.

25. weezer

May 16, 2001
    That was my initial thought as well. I thought it was K2 and he was just going to brush it off.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.