main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Looking for Fics?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jeditheskyisblue, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Can you ask for non-SW fics in this thread?

pronker likes this.
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    While we allow challenges and such to expand to NSWFF that can be posted here on the boards, recs or looking for fics in this thread should stick to Star Wars. It gets way too complicated and hard for us to know what is being linked to when we open it up to any fandom. Most fandoms have their own places for asking about stories in those fandoms. If you are looking for a story that might be posted over in NSWFF, you might want to ask over there.

Gamiel likes this.
  3. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    What is the DNT era fanfic where the solos, Jag and Kyp get stranded on a jungle planet called and get someone get me a link to it?

4. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Sounds like Stranded by Iverna

Ewok Poet, Kahara and pronker like this.
  5. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Also a fanfic occurs roughly around TUF called Whsipers of the Force or something like that has a happy ending to the whole post NJO era.

6. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
  7. yahiko

yahiko Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2015
    In order to find some sources of inspiration, I'm looking for fics mainly located in Coruscant.

Findswoman likes this.
  8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014

A goodly chunk of Chyntuck 's Ἀνάγκη – Necessity beyond sway takes place on Coruscant, and she could probably tell you the exact chapters/scenes. Also her story Datacracy, which is about Coruscant's bureaucratic scene in particular.

For stories set in commercial establishments on Coruscant, there's Raissa Baiard 's Blue Milk Run, part of which is set at Galaxy Mart, a big-box superstore on Coruscant. Also my own Sai-perimetry at Gleebaloola's, You Bet!, which features an insurance office and an antique shop that are next to each other in the CoCoTown commercial district.

Hope this helps—good luck! :D

Chyntuck, Gamiel, Ewok Poet and 2 others like this.
  9. Kahara

Mar 3, 2001
    Seconding @Findswoman's recommendations. :)

Coruscant Lights by cthugha is another story that delves into the Coruscant setting. It's incomplete but really interesting. (Also, I think I forgot to review it. Oops. [face_blush])

Findswoman , Ewok Poet and yahiko like this.
  10. yahiko

Nov 12, 2015
    Sweet! This should do. I'll let you know ;)

Findswoman and Kahara like this.
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Any special part/s of TZ you are interested in?

12. yahiko

Nov 12, 2015
    What does TZ mean? :confused:

13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    "Triple Zero"—a nickname for Coruscant owing to the fact that it's in the center of the Galaxy, with coordinates (0, 0, 0).

Kahara, yahiko and Gamiel like this.
  14. yahiko

Nov 12, 2015
    This is a good nickname. Will use it for sure :)
    Gamiel I'm interested in places with a lot of activity by night, with store marquees.

Kahara, Gamiel and Findswoman like this.
  15. Kahara

Mar 3, 2001
    Findswoman, that's cool! I hadn't heard that nickname for Coruscant either. :)

Findswoman likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I can not name any fics or places but the Shadow of the Empire novel had some scenes in the lower levels of TZ, relatively near Imperial city to my understanding, and they did enter a store.

If you are interested so can I mention some non-SW movies, comics and games with environments that I think could interest you.

yahiko likes this.
  17. yahiko

Nov 12, 2015
    Yes. Since Coruscant is the main place of my fiction, any material, fics or comics, books or games could be useful.

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Here are some comics and movies. I can dig up some more stuff and some games if you want.

Comics
    Six Inches http://blindknight.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/&q=cyberpunk+

Kill 6 Billion Demons http://killsixbilliondemons.com/, the interesting parts begin here: http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-1-10/

Spider-Man 2099

Judge Dredd

Kal Jerico

Valérian and Laureline

Prophet

Movies
    Blade Runner

Logan's Run

Dredd

The Fifth Element

Dark City

yahiko likes this.
  19. yahiko

Nov 12, 2015
    Great, I will mention you as librarian :)

Gamiel and Kahara like this.
  20. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
  21. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
  22. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Thank you! What was the base template for URLs you were using, again? I know you shared it at some point, but I can't find it.

23. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Lazy posted an explanation here, but it doesn't cover all the possible options. Mr Chyn ended up pumping all the fanfic urls that are saved on the Wayback Machine, and I now look things up on a spreadsheet with the thread number.

pronker likes this.
  24. caz15th

caz15th Jedi Padawan

Feb 14, 2017
    Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you lovely people can help me find a fic. It was set after Qui-Gon dies. Instead of the Jedi Council eventually allowing Obi-Wan to train Anakin, they disallow it, resulting in Obi-Wan leaving the Order to train Anakin. I believe the fic is set on Naboo, and Obi-Wan works first as a poorly paid labourer helping to rebuild Naboo while Anakin is in school, and then, when the workers strike, he works as a negotiator. He was still training Anakin as a Jedi whenever he had a spare moment. Other random memories of the fic were that Anakin had a case worker. Anyone have any idea what this fic is? My google-fu skills have failed me.

25. Winama Shiraya

Winama Shiraya Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 3, 2017
    Has anyone ever seen any fics about Padme surviving ROTS and going on to work for the Rebellion or becoming a Jedi? There is one in particular that I vaguely remember had her working as a smuggler. But I'm drawing a blank in this category. Most of the "Padme lives!" stories came out after ROTS and seem to have disappeared.

Ewok Poet likes this.