main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One The Deleted/Missing Scenes Thread!

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Avnar, Dec 15, 2016.

1. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    I think its a bit ironic looking back at the original trailers for TFA and RO in that to me they seem to be backwards. TFA goes for something more atmospheric with voiceovers when really the film is full of the kind of dialog that could be cut out into smaller bits. RO went much more for lots of little bits of dialog dispite the film being much less suited to this and iMHO spent less time trying to build an atmosphere even though the film did more of that.

Darth Nave likes this.
  2. VexedWaffle

VexedWaffle Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2016
    It's interesting that in the novelization the tie scene is there but the rest of the movie plays out just like the book. This makes me think that the tie was cut out very late after the book was published. So I'm hopeful it will appear in the extended cut. Am I correct that all new star wars books are canon. So does this omission make the Rogue one non canon?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

3. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    In the novelization there is no mentioning of this either.. only that Cassian spotted an X-Wing on the ground in the city plaza...

Mostly Handless likes this.
  4. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    jyy saying 'i was trained to fight not to surrender'. i think that would have worked well given all the wusses in the rebel council room.

Bob the X-Winger likes this.
  5. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014

I expect that it would follow old canon rules where the movies take precedence in cases of contradiction. I don't think that puts the whole book as non-canon, but certainly the moment of the TIE fighter hovering up would be.

6. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    After my next viewing of the film I will be able to better decipher which parts that wer3 cut would belong back or would be considered canon but just not shown. Going Monday for 2nd viewing!

This makes me want to keep those early trailers & tv spots on my DVD I burned as not sure we'll see them again on blue ray/DVD.

7. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I was hoping to see Jyn vs. the Tie fighter at the top of the Citadel tower. :)

8. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Only 2nd viewing?

Have fun! I enjoyed it more the second time. Maybe 4th time today.

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. Dinofan Waterwar

Dinofan Waterwar Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2017
    Rogue One exceeded all of my expectations going in! I thought there was only gonna be a small darth vader cameo! I was so hype when I found out that he was in 2 big scenes! The movie was shot wonderfully and I can't wait till I can go see it another few times (ive seen it 2 times).

This video talks about deleted scenes that Darth Vader is supposed to be in, and explains how Saw Gerrera became more machine than man.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Is it confirmed there is vader deleted scenes? If so maybe when dvd comes out.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Updated thread title. This is now the thread for all discussion on deleted scenes.

12. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Rogue One deleted scenes are different from TFA because Lucasfilm can freely talk about all of them without the risk of spoiling anything.

I am 100% sure there are many more deleted scenes from TFA that we cannot see right now as they would spoil the story.

13. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Yeah, I can't wait to see the deleted scenes from both TFA and R1. Though, I know that R1 had many different takes for the same scene so that could be interesting to see.

14. djm008

djm008 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2017
    What are the chances we will see the deleted Vader scenes on blu ray?

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I think its possible, along with other tid bits.

16. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    For Rogue One, they could release a new movie only with deleted scenes.

Avnar likes this.
  17. Pewbacca

Pewbacca Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 31, 2016
    I know it won't happen but i'd love to see an extended or alternate cut of the Scarif battle.

Maybe some of the trailer footage that was cut will make it in to the deleted scenes.

18. Dinofan Waterwar

Jan 25, 2017
    Yes there are actually more Vader scenes.

19. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    As far as I know we haven't heard anything about deleted Vader scenes - however, Vader's scene with Krennic was originally shot on the Death Star set. They changed it to Mustafar during the reshoots to have it take place at a more epic and scary location.
    So while there might not be any deleted scenes with Vader, there is at least one alternate Vader scene.

20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I wish we had gotten a scene with Saw and Vader. Would have been cool if Saw knew who Vader was because of their prior history.

whostheBossk and TCF-1138 like this.
  21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Wouldn't have fit the movie, but that could be a really cool scene in Rebels!
    I doubt Saw would know who Vader really is though - I think that's a closely guarded secret.

22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I could see Saw being the type to bug Bail Organa's office and find out through that lol

CometSmudge and TCF-1138 like this.
  23. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    I don't believe in a director's cut, but who knows...

24. Dinofan Waterwar

Jan 25, 2017
    There was talk about that in the video for this thread

25. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I would love to see an extended edition like what LOTR did...

TheOneX_Eleazar, Darkslayer and Sarge like this.