main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which of the Star Wars soundtracks is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Strilo , Feb 8, 2016.

?

Which of the Star Wars soundtracks is your favorite?

1. The Phantom Menace

20 vote(s)
    10.1%
  2. Attack of the Clones

9 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Revenge of the Sith

74 vote(s)
    37.2%
  4. A New Hope

22 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. The Empire Strikes Back

57 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Return of the Jedi

10 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. The Force Awakens

7 vote(s)
    3.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    I think there needs to be an "All of the Above" option.

2. Darth.Vader

Darth.Vader Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 28, 2016
    Revenge of the Sith. So much emotion and variety.

Alienware and steelneena like this.
  3. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    I can't pick!

4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I must say, I am surprised to see how low a rating ANH gets here. I voted for ROTS, but I could have expected to see more votes for ANH, what with all the iconic themes and it being the true original and everything...

Sith Lord 2015 and Darth Dnej like this.
  5. RDeckard

RDeckard Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    It's Empire Strikes Back. The introduction of the Imperial March is groundbreaking.

Darth__Lobot and Darth Dnej like this.
  6. fl00dsm0k3

fl00dsm0k3 Jedi Knight

Nov 3, 2012
    Revenge Of The Sith

7. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    It's a tie between ANH, ESB, ROTJ, TPM, and TFA in first place followed by ROTS in 2nd place, AOTC in 3rd place, and R1 in last place.

8. JamieH

JamieH Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    I'm surprised ROTS has gotten so many votes. It is a fine soundtrack, but honestly I don't think it is even close to being as good as ESB or ANH. In fact, in some of it's most emotional moments, it simply cribs material directly from ESB, taking material directly from the Bespin lightsaber duel (perhaps at Lucas' request, similar to how he requested that the Sarlac battle in ROTJ crib material from the ANH battle music.)

Howard Hand likes this.
  9. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    This poll is only for Saga films.... ;):p

10. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    The Empire Strikes Back because of the themes it introduced (The Imperial March, Yoda's Theme, Han Solo and the Princess, Lando's Palace. etc) and its successful integration of previous themes.

11. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Empire Strikes Back. You get the intro of the Imperial March and the entire score once they get to Cloud City and on is just a joy to hear and it all accompanies the film so well.

I can see an argument for any film though. One could say that the most important character in any Star Wars film is the music.

Dagobahsystem and Strongbow like this.
  12. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Wow. Hard one.

The original Star Wars soundtrack, of course, set the standard, and I still own my original vinyl album of it. It was just a complete revelation in movie music for 11-12 year old me. I think that soundtrack has to stand out on its own above everything else.

Of the remainders, I think ESB stands out for its introduction of the Imperial March and the Han and Leia theme. It's one I keep on my iPhone all the time. Likewise, I find I listen to the TFA soundtrack all the time. Rey's theme, The March of the Resistance, the Jedi Steps.... they all sound really great, and I think they stand with the best of the themes.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  13. SkooterDawg

SkooterDawg Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2016
    As a whole, ESB. The love theme, Yoda's theme, Bespin theme, they are just superb. I really like the love theme in AOTC, the music during Order 66 in ROTS, the music of Vader and Luke fighting in ROTJ, Jabba’s Baroque Recital in ROTJ, the Ewok theme in ROTJ, and, well- dern near everything! It's hard to choose when it comes to John Williams, but I guess I do have to go with ESB as a whole.

Strongbow and Darth Dnej like this.
  14. ekrolo2

ekrolo2 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    I'd say Empire deserves a good nod for introducing a lot of iconic tracks but Revenge was the tits as far as I'm concerned.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  15. Gustavo Woltmann

Gustavo Woltmann Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2017
    I like the new hope one, is there a video or sound file that has all the 7 sound tracks ??!!

Thanks,
    - Gustavo Woltmann

16. PoorRebel

PoorRebel Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2017
    My absolute favorite is the force theme, when Luke stares at the binary suns in the distance. And it's also my most favorite moment of all movies... :")

Darth Basin likes this.
  17. Microsoft Edgy

Microsoft Edgy Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2017
    I chose A New Hope. I believe A New Hope has the best soundtracks simply because it has the ones we're most familiar with such as Cantina Band, TIE Fighter Attack, Princess Leia Theme, Throne Room, etc.

18. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    I'll take Beauty and the Beast for the whole soundtrack, but Once Upon a Dream is the best song

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    The Secret of NIMH counts and is my favorite.

20. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
  21. Spectre Jordan

Spectre Jordan Jedi Padawan

May 21, 2014
    Empire Strikes Back.

I think it's the best film score of all-time. It builds upon the already amazing score of the original film superbly, while creating several new and amazing themes. Williams uses all of these new themes so efficiently too. I don't think there's a boring part of the score; I can hum the entire score & pin point a musical piece to where it fits in the film.

ESB > ANH > ROTS > TPM > ROTJ > TFA > AOTC > Rogue One

Rogue One's score was really disappointing. It felt like generic Star Wars knock-off music, like the stuff you'd hear in the "How It Should Have Ended" video or any other parody. It sucks because I know Giacchino could've done better, the scores for The Incredibles & Dr Strange are fantastic.

Howard Hand likes this.
  22. ROTS is the best for me

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  23. eldusto84

eldusto84 Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2017
    Definitely ESB. We get so many new themes along with excellent renditions of the original SW motifs. The Imperial March, Snowspeeder theme, Yoda and the Force, the asteroid chase, Han and Leia's love theme. So hard to beat...John Williams was at his peak in the early 80s.

Dagobahsystem and Strongbow like this.
  24. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    ANH will always have a special place in my heart. I listened to that soundtrack SO MUCH. But ESB. It's got the original themes, but it also introduces some absolute classics. So.... ESB>ANH>TFA>All the Rest.

25. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    Revenge of the Sith one for obvious reasons. Its overloaded with an epic themes. I can't remember an ost from it that sounds bland and pale. All of these tracks are unique, epic and SW as hell. Of course, nothing can beat an Imperial March, but none of the other episodes has such a complete score, in my opinion.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.