main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Role Between TPM and AOTC

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by bhagavandas, Dec 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhagavandas

bhagavandas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2016
    What about this? Do you guys think Disney is going to realease some novels, comics, maybe movies in this era? It's like ten years, right? It will bem awesome know about the training offline Anakin, things about the JC, and so on.

And something before TPM, about Qui Gon History, so on... You guys think we gonna ser something about it soon? Ir maybe after the realease of the New trilogy?

Enviado de meu XT1563 usando Tapatalk

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    We got one comic - Obi Wan & Anakin. Presumably we'll get more as time goes back.

Davak24, bhagavandas and Darth Dnej like this.
  3. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    We'll likely see more, but it's an era that probably won't be explored too much. There is no war going on, so there is not as much interest to make anything. I can't think of anything new they can add in the 10-year gap that hasn't been explored in Legends already.

4. bhagavandas

Dec 21, 2016
    Can you Tell me any material worth of reading in this era for legends?

And, anyway i think it will be very interesting seeing the evolution of Obi Wan and Anakin, dont you? Or maybe Disney dont have more interest about Ani? And always have some stories to bem increased about Yoda, Palpatine or something like that

5. bhagavandas

Dec 21, 2016
    Really enjoyed this comic, but I've got the taste of "want more" don't you? I don't even begin with the 6 issues

6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    bhagavandas, please use the edit feature instead of stacking posts/double posting.

7. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    There are some comics, then outbound flight I believe, Darth Plagueis the epilogue technically does, might be a junior novel or two.

8. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Yeah, totally.

I'd say we might get a lot if Disney makes a movie set in that era.

Darth Dnej and bhagavandas like this.
  9. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    I'm not sure that they will. It was one of the least developed eras in the EU. I hope they tell more stories there. It has a lot of potential for stories. Sure there's no war, but it's the beginning vof Palpatine's terms as Chancellor, Padme's career in the Senate, Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship, and the Separatist movement. There is a lot of room for exciting stories and I think the Obi-Wan and Anakin comic showed that.

bhagavandas likes this.
  10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    There was the Jedi Quest series of junior novels, The Approaching Storm (novel) and Rogue Planet (novel) at least.

Amon_Amarth, Davak24 and bhagavandas like this.
  11. bhagavandas

Dec 21, 2016
    I always wanted to read Jedi Quest, but I have a step forward. Its too much for kids or What?

12. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Probably aimed at the same age range as, say, Enid Blyton's Famous Five Series - but that doesn't mean that they aren't interesting in their own right. I thought it was worth reading, personally.

13. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    And there where some Republic comics set during this era as well.

bhagavandas and spicer like this.
  14. Tobi

Tobi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    It would be cool to see more from this era

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    It's past time Padme got her own novel. Her transition from Queen to serving in the decaying Senate in an intrigue/political book (a la Bloodline) could be very interesting.

16. bhagavandas

Dec 21, 2016
    Honestly, I love Obi-Wan/Ani relationship and I love the character of Qui Gon, so I really wish to see more stories about them. My favorites characters

17. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Amon_Amarth: Recently, I was talking to a friend about the PT. He though the Senate scenes were pretty boring. I, on the other hand, consider the political manoeuvring as the PT's best part. So, yes, I agree with you, but I am afraid many people would agree with my friend. That is probably also why not many similar SW stories were published yet. A novel featuring Padmé, however, could give insight into the way changes occured during the PT-AOTC time period. Also, it would be interesting to show the trial of Nute Gunray and his Trade Federation consorts from Padmé point-of-view.

bhagavandas: Did you ever read the comic series Star Wars: Jedi - The Dark Side? It featured Qui-Gon before he took on Obi-Wan as a Padawan.

18. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    A younger Count Dooku as a prominent Jedi with flashback scenes with Qui Gon, Plagueis, Sifo Dyas, other Jedi great list that could include many stories.

General Immodet likes this.
  19. bhagavandas

Dec 21, 2016
    General Immodet I didnt read yet. I Heard a lot about it

20. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I do remember many people on this forum wanted James Luceno to do a Count Dooku-centered novel the way he treated Plagueis and Tarkin before. That would be great, indeed.

21. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    The Problem I have with the new Canon is that they focus too much on the OT, like seriously, there's like a bunch of Comics and other material set between ANH and TESB, despite there only being a 3 year period and yet there's only one miniseries set between TPM and AOTC despite it being a 10 year period. While it's understandable that they don't release any Clone Wars material because it's been heavily explored but we need more material set between TPM and AOTC and I would like to see a Padme-centric novel. We rarely get anything on Padme, whereas Leia gets her own novel. We already know enough about Leia, but we don't know that much about Padme. It's bad to the point that there's more OT material than ST material, despite that being their main priority.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I wish we could get some content during this time period. It is ten years after all.

Bernael Edit: Thread locked by moderator due to inactivity. Should you desire the thread reactivated please contact Sinrebirth, darthbernael, or Bardan_Jusik.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.