main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classics Ewoks Movies: Caravan of Courage and The Battle for Endor

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth-Horax, Feb 27, 2003.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The Droids and Ewoks cartoons were released on single-sided discs elsewhere too. I have the American releases of all three, and only the Ewok movies were on a double-sided disc.

Speaking of releases - the Droids and Ewoks cartoons really need to be released in their entirety! It's ridiculous that they haven't gotten a proper home video release.

2. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Yes, the Droids/Ewoks cartoons have never gotten a proper home video release. There was a sub-par DVD release back in 2004 of each show; they edited a couple of episodes of each series into a "movie", but they didn't use the original music & the overall effect wasn't that great.

At this point, I would still like to see a Blu/DVD release of both series - in their entirety. However, I would grudgingly accept it if Lflm./Disney at least cleaned up each series & made each episode available via streaming. However, maybe even that is too much to ask for...

Kez-Iban and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  3. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    If they were to re-canonize the old Ewok movies they could have some appearances in Rebels..... one season you have a cameo of the Towani family before they crashed on Endor...and the next season you have Cindel and Noa after they left Endor.

4. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    Some of you may know that the french version of the first Ewoks film had a song in the ending credits, called "Les petits ewoks" by singer Dorothée. It was also used for the promo with a music video. What less people know is that an english version was recorded, titled "Maybe more than us" and apparently sent to Lucasfilm at the time (but never used).

It's being released for the first time this week in a new CD box set.

Valency Jane and Ewok Poet like this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I remember stumbling upon the original version on YouTube, had no idea it existed in English - nice!

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Abe Vessor@whatscanon 7h7 hours ago
    @pablohidalgo Serious question-Are the Ewok movies canon? I actually really enjoyed those when I was younger and still do today.
    Pablo Hidalgo@pablohidalgo 6h6 hours ago
    @whatscanon If someone really wanted to overwrite them, I don't think there'd be a huge fight. But I can't imagine anyone doing that.

I always considered them canon even though they aren't officially especially given that Lucasfilm was never going to do anything with the Ewoks that would actually make those movies obsolete.

Master Kinard and Ewok Poet like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    interesting.

revan772 and Master Kinard like this.
  8. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I will continue to consider them canonical until they are explicitly overwritten.

(By the way, did anyone else notice that Pablo was reading a book with the name 'Wicket Goes Fishing' in one of the Rebels Recon videos and called it research? I wonder what he meant by that).

9. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Has anyone ever heard a good explanation from someone at Lucasfilm like Pablo as to why we are not seeing any of the classic Star Wars TV shows on DVD, streaming, etc.? I have asked him and Matt Martin more than once and the only kind of answers that they seem to give is that it's someone else's decision or that a lot has changed since they were considering putting the episodes on starwars.com years ago. Every answer that I have ever seen offers 0% hope and no real explanation as to why not.

10. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    They're not canon. For that reason, you can find full Clone Wars episodes on YT and Disney won't take it down.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Canon's got nothing to do with it. It's more about user interest and complex copyright laws than anything else. And unfortunately there's not a whole lot to be gained by LFL by releasing these old shows on newer formats, so it's either at the bottom of the to-do list or on the "we can't even realistically do this" list.

12. Kez-Iban

Sep 4, 2012
    That's exactly what I have been thinking. I wish Lucasfilm could just come right out and say this though so we can stop hoping. I'm curious though, what do you think the copyright issues may be? I have always guessed that there are some, but have never heard anything definitive from Lucasfilm.

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's more speculative on my part. I know copyright and distribution issues can hamstring shows and movies. Could depend on the original broadcasters of the shows not wanting to work with LFL or Disney, or vice versa.

14. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    but the original broadcasters for the 2 Ewoks movies, the Droids and Ewok animated series are ABC. Supposedly both animated show were co-produced by Nelvana.

anyways concerning Droids and Ewok animated show all the episodes can be found on youtube and online.

15. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    While bootleg and online versions of both series exist, I'd still love an official release. You'd think Disney would milk the SW universe for all its worth. There must be enough people that grew up with these shows and a new generation of parents that would show these to their kids to make a profit...

When it comes to copyright, I thought the only issue was the theme music, as I vaguely recall that being mentioned many years ago when the DVDs with combined episodes were released.

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    No one gives a **** about those, that's the problem, i think.

17. Kez-Iban

Sep 4, 2012
    I would love an official release as well. I have seen decent copies of all the Droids episodes, but many of the Ewoks episodes that you can find, as well as the Holiday Special still look pretty rough. I think it would be nice if Lucasfilm could preserve their own history though, rather than leaving it to people who still have old VHS recordings from the 80's. I do think that there are enough serious Star Wars collectors out there that really would want to own official, good quality copies of every Star Wars TV show. I admit that it probably wouldn't be massively profitable for Disney to do this, as it would mostly appeal to die-hard Star Wars collectors and some who have not seen these shows before and are curious. It would be fan service. Would it be less profitable than than releasing sets of other 80's TV shows and cartoons? I don't know. Overall, I'm guessing that the main reasons that Disney/Lucasfilm has not released official sets is possibly because of rights issues, not wanting to promote a product that was not made by Disney, and the lack of substantial profit. If they wanted to, Disney could probably recruit film students and Star Wars fans who have the talent to restore something like the Holiday Special for free to be distributed at a future Star Wars Celebration, but I doubt this will ever happen.

Blur, Valency Jane and Ewok Poet like this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If they were going to milk it for all it's worth they would release Detours which literally no one has seen and is sitting somewhere in Lucasfilm.

darkspine10 and Kez-Iban like this.
  19. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    Ewok Poet and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Cree and Mark have been on the same show at least a few times in the past, so they probably know each other pretty well.

AniSkylover likes this.
  21. Kez-Iban

Sep 4, 2012
    Ewok Poet likes this.
  22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    This is absolutely awesome. All cool girls in one place, in a bite-sized TV show. :) Thank you!

I can't wait for the day when Teebo's Force-sensitivity is canon again!

B3 likes this.
  23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Visual Encyclopaedia might have a Teebo entry and mention it. It's not out everywhere yet though - so I haven't seen it.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  24. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  25. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Yay, Wisties/Firefolk are canon againnnnnnnnnnn! [face_dancing]