main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classics Droids: The Adventures of R2-D2 and C-3PO

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Alabak, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    This review makes me sick to my stomach. The mention of the "western world" and what I think is this guy's definition of that particular term is even more annoying. And no, dude, Roon is not a desert planet, you just skimmed, saw the Bantha Graveyard, and then skimmed again.

Hope he never reviews Ewoks, the one who reviewed The Cries of the Trees and repeatedly asked "Is this one a male or female?" was annoying enough.

2. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    TigerCraneFist likes this.
  3. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    With the push for TFA and season 2 of Rebels and the lando comic this is a dead issue. we ain't going to see this unless you watch youtube.

4. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    I remember this show only vaguely, but I liked it as a child. I even had an Ewok plush, iIRC. I remember it most when the Sci-Fi channel first came on on Comcast back in...err...uhh....'93? Good times.

Iron_lord and Ewok Poet like this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

Then join us here: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...rewatch-information-analysis-thread.50028975/ ;)

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    The Cybertronic Spree recently did a cover of the Droids theme song at one of their event

7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Arise Rodimius Prime. Couldnt resist, I miss the 80's and my childhood. :D

Trebor Sabreon and Iron_lord like this.
  8. Poe loves Rey

Poe loves Rey Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2015
    So does anything from Rebels contradict Droids? I know in "Droids in Distress", they are still owned by Bail, but they could have gone to their Droids owners in between ROTS and that episode. I hope they reference Droids in Rebels or in the Sequel Trilogy.

Also, they need to release the Holiday Special, perhaps in pop-up style, providing fun facts during boring scenes. A SW product with the Big 3 can't be ignored.

The Ewoks cartoon and movies take place in between eps 5 and 6, right?

Giovs likes this.
  9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Almost same outfit, could be Ezra...

[​IMG]

Wishful thinking. :D

I was just watching the Ewok movies on DVD. Nice little anthology movies. They have a SW/Willow feel to them which I liked and I think Lucas lost later on when he switched to letting CGI and graphics overtake story.

10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    There is nothing in Droids that contradicts Rebels.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Doesn't Droids take place in 15BBY?

12. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I don't think there is anything in the cartoon that indicates a particular date. Any dates given to the series would have been proposed by sources outside of the cartoon, and may not really be valid anymore. I agree that Droids doesn't necessarily contradict anything from the new canon and actually fits quite nicely with Rebels. Kea Moll's rebel group could be one of those other rebel groups that was mentioned in the Rebels TV series, if only Droids were allowed back into canon.

Iron_lord and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I'd petition for both cartoons to be canon again, sofa king much. :)

14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Rebels did show Artoo and 3PO leaving Bail's side for a while, and "falling into other people's hands" - Droids could begin with something similar as an intro story.

Bail B. Baobab and Ewok Poet like this.
  15. Kez-Iban

Sep 4, 2012
    I saw the news this morning the Dave Filoni is likely going to be bringing a Legends novel character into Rebels! I think this is great news and a nice gift for fans of the old EU. Now, if a character from classic Star Wars TV were to ever show up again, who would classic fans like it to be? I think a lot of Droids characters could easily fit into Rebels, but probably the most likely would be Admiral Screed from Droids or Admiral Kazz from Ewoks. I would love to see the Fromm Gang too!

Ewok Poet likes this.
  16. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Any Baobab!

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Screed is canon again, so he could easily show up.
    Mungo Baobab would be awesome to see again. Especially if he encountered Artoo and Threepio (and recognized them).

John Pannozzi and Ewok Poet like this.
  18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Glad somebody agrees with me. Mungo! <3

19. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    Droids are coming back, it's trouble again !

20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    That was just great! Thanks for sharing! :)

21. Kez-Iban

Sep 4, 2012
  22. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I saw the White Witch on youtube yesterday. Was better than I thought it would be. Really liked the art design of stuff. Since it was made in a time closer to the OT, the designs of the tech and characters (those wierd half mohawks the bikers have) have, in retrospect, a really neat retro look to them. Though they do it to a small extent, I wish they would make the characters on Rebels look a bit more like they were designed in the 70s and 80s.

23. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    It would be great to see some of those 80s punk elements in Rebels - they could even include the characters directly from Droids, like Jann Tosh, and explain how he ended up with a lightsaber.

24. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Glad the Ewoks/Droids cartoons still have fans these days - nice to know, especially since both series are 32 years old (this year), and have been all-but-forgotten by many/most SW fans.

Great question! I wonder if music copyright issues are why we haven't seen a comprehensive home video release of both series?! I know that Droids & Ewoks minimal DVD releases came out back in 2004 - each DVD contained 2-3 episodes sloppily edited into one "mini movie". And, the theme music (and soundtrack in each movie) was changed from the original '80's versions.

Here's a clip of the great original opening theme song to Droids - the song is "Trouble Again", by Stewart Copeland; SC had been the drummer for "The Police" one of my all-time favorite rock/pop groups of the early '80's; the song definitely has an '80's synth pop/rock "vibe":

The above reminds me - not only does the picture & color need to be remastered for the Droids/Ewoks series, but the sound needs a lot of remastering as well.

I do remember that circa August 2012, Lflm. did announce that they would have both Ewoks/Droids available for streaming on their website - tentatively planned for Fall 2012. However, that Fall the announcement was made that Disney was buying Lflm., and also the SE was announced as well. So, I'm guessing the work that would be involved to remaster & officially stream two obscure '80's SW cartoons got lost in the shuffle....

Valency Jane and Kez-Iban like this.
  25. Kez-Iban

Sep 4, 2012
    Thanks for sharing the Droids intro Blur! It sure brings back the nostalgic feelings of watching Droids in the mid 80's. Both Droids and Ewoks really are a great time capsule of what it was to be kid and a Star Wars fan in the post Return of the Jedi 1980's - something that the younger generations will never get to experience or fully understand.

jedi-soon, Blur and Ewok Poet like this.