main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Raise Hell, Praise Dale - NASCAR/North American Racing Series Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by MariahJade2, Nov 16, 2006.

1. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    This is cool. Been a NASCAR fan for a long time. My favorite driver has always been Jeff Gordon. Its going to be a weird season for me, seeing Chase in that #24.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'll take a Chase Elliott win but won't be rooting for him specifically. Jeff is the 24 for me.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    So this is kind of interesting. Dale, Jr. will definitely miss Sunday's race at Loudon due to a concussion, and a backup driver has been booked. However - if he has still not recovered from symptoms, and can't make the Brickyard 400 next week, ESPN is reporting that Hendrick may bring in Jeff Gordon to race in the 88 on a one-race deal - he's still an equity owner in Hendrick Motorsports, so it makes sense.

Hoping for the best for Dale, of course, and hope he heals up. After Dave Mirra's suicide, I think the understanding that CTE is not solely linked to football has really spread through the racing community.

Would be kind of neat to see Gordon in a different number, if it happens.

Juliet316, cubman987 and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Indy is going to be interesting to say the least.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Confirmed today - Jeff Gordon will be on the wheel of the 88 for Hendrick Motorsports at Indy on Sunday and Pocono next week.

I'm concerned about Dale, though. Not hearing much good about his recovery.

cubman987 likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    And all is right in the world. Unfortunate about Jr but happy to see Jeff race again.

7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Some awesome throwback paint schemes announced for Darlington/Southern 500 in two weeks. Lots of pictures, but cool ones.
    McMurray ('97 Bill Elliott)
    [​IMG]

Keselowski (Original Blue Deuce)
    [​IMG]

Dillon ('83 Rudd)
    [​IMG]

Harvick ('79 Yarborough)
    [​IMG]

Bayne ('96 Mark Martin)
    [​IMG]

Regan Smith ('92 Kulwicki)
    [​IMG]

Hamlin ('84 D. Waltrip)
    [​IMG]

Stewart ('71 Bobby Allison)
    [​IMG]

Biffle ('92 Kulwicki w/sponsor)
    [​IMG]

Stenhouse ('75 D. Waltrip)
    [​IMG]

Kyle Busch ('93 Jarrett)
    [​IMG]

Edwards ('99 Stewart)
    [​IMG]

Kenseth (Craven, Rudd, Waltrip "Tide Car")
    [​IMG]

Logano ('98 B. Labonte)
    [​IMG]

Menard ('93 Unser Jr.)
    [​IMG]

J. Earnhardt (Earnhardt Wrangler Car)
    [​IMG]

Almirola (Petty 43)
    [​IMG]

Johnson ('79 Pearson)
    [​IMG]

Dale Earnhardt, Jr. (Buddy Baker "Grey Ghost")
    [​IMG]

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Cousin Carl is retiring at 37, to pursue outside interests. Never been my favorite driver, but often one I pulled for. Even though he doesn't match their popularity, Edwards has always been a bit like John Cena, or Peyton Manning - an athlete who understood their marketing power from the very beginning, and used it to expand their brand.

Edwards' move is similar to Nico Rosberg's in F1, as this retirement is very early and unexpected - one difference being Carl's lack of a championship. Above all, I hope this isn't related to a health scare, or issue. Enjoy a long and happy retirement, Cousin Carl.

10. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    This is what I was worried about when I saw the news. I'll miss him, he a fun driver to watch.

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    My mouth actually dropped when I read it this morning. Could be to spend more time with his family.

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Front row at Daytona will be 24-Elliott and 88-Earnhardt.

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    3 Daytona 500 poles in a row for Crew Chief Alan Gustafson,
    And good showing for Jr in first race back since last July.

heels1785 likes this.
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I think Dale is in a much healthier place than he's been at any point in his career. Racing isn't everything anymore, and he's had to live without it for some time.

I think that he will have a very good year.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Truex and AJ to the rear of the field, failed post-race after the duels.

Force Smuggler, you're the expert for NASCAR around here. Who you got for Sunday?

I've got Harvick, with Kyle Larson as my dark horse pick.

16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Also, Kas Grala is the youngest winner at Daytona in the Top 3 series'.

Give me a hat with names in it. I'm never good at guessing with these races. I'll give you my drivers later today or before the race tomorrow.

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Earnhardt and Kyle both taken out in that wreck. Yikes, both had great cars.

Harvick just needs to stay out of the crap in the middle of the pack. He's driving well, Ford looks good.

18. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    That wreck pretty well destroyed my fantasy picks this week :(

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Ugh. Took my boy out, too. McMurray being stupid.

At least we got the 2nd segment. I think one of the two Penske cars will get the win.

20. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    At this rate only like 5 cars are going to finish this race!

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Two wrecks caused by McMurray. Driving like an idiot, ruined so many chances for good drivers.

I so want Truex to get this, now that Harvick is out. Kurt can't push worth a damn today, didn't help Larson and may cost Truex here too.

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Kurt Busch won. Sounds like it was a good race on the radio on the ride home from work

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    The ending was great. 24 got loose or something, Larson ran out of gas, Truex faded, and Kurt drove smart. It was the epitome of a lucky win in an average car. I like both Busch brothers so much more than I used to, though.

Ryan Blaney probably drove the best race. That kid is going to be very exciting if the team stays competitive. Dinger drove a great race, too - miraculously stayed clean and finished 3rd.

Bazinga'd and Force Smuggler like this.
  24. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Where was Jeff Gordon when you need him. :p

Who caused the big wreck, btw?

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Driving the pace car to start the race and in the TV booth.

Bazinga'd likes this.