main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Best Finale and End Credits

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by DarthSheev, Apr 30, 2015.

?

Which Finale and End Credits is the best in the saga?

1. The Throne Room/End Title

12.5%
  2. The Rebel Fleet/End Title

42.0%
  3. Victory Celebration/End Title

15.9%
  4. Augie's Great Municipal Band/End Credits

8.0%
  5. Confrontation With Count Dooku and Finale

17.0%
  6. A New Hope and End Credits

4.5%
  1. Regan21286

Regan21286 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    ESB overall and AOTC amongst the prequels.

2. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    That would be AOTC because "Across the Stars" is one of my favorite themes. Is music considered in the Ring Theory by the way? I just remembered that ESB and AOTC are the only episodes that end with the respective love themes, while the other installments except TPM take the more "traditional" approach of ending with the main theme. Both TPM and AOTC have very "quiet" musical endings while all others have some kind of "crescendo" (not sure if that is the correct musical term). TPM in fact is the only episode that doesn't end with music but Darth Vader's breathing. Is that included on the newer soundtrack releases? It's not on my CD, just in the movie itself.

3. coruscantstar

coruscantstar Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2016
    This is a really hard decision! I'd have to go with Throne Room/End Titles from A New Hope, because it's so epic and inspiring. Honorable mentions go to Rebel Fleet/End Titles from Empire Strikes Back, and Confrontation with Dooku and Finale from Attack of the Clones.

4. Poe loves Rey

Poe loves Rey Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2015
    OP, why did you not include YUB NUB in the poll. Your poll is incomplete, plus now we have ep7's ending.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. Camarasaur8

Camarasaur8 Jedi Master

Mar 24, 2013
    Can't stop listening to A New Hope/End Credits as of late. As far as Williams was concerned, this was the swansong for the series, and I absolutely love the medley he came up with to give Star Wars the perfect send-off. Absolute tour-de-force of a track - you're still reeling from Palpatine's ascension and massacre, and how the galaxy has completely gone to hell, but by God Leia's theme suggests it could be alright one day. The rendition of Throne Room, with an almost perverse, slow quality to it, is perfection. Genuinely tear up when it goes from the throne room fanfare to Old Ben's theme.

Sarge and Larsonator like this.
  6. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    TPM and ROTJ end with source-type "dancing" feast music.
    AOTC and TESB end with the love them.
    ROTS and ANH end with the Force theme/Throne Room theme, giving us a ray of hope and glory.

7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    It's interesting that RO was the first of the films to not have extended music leading to the credits. Usually, there's little dialogue in the final scene/scenes right before the credits, but in RO it went right to the credits just after Leia said "hope," with not that much music in between.

8. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    I had to go with Victory Celebration. EBS is beautiful as is TPM and all have wonderful soundtracks however is my oldest favorite.

9. Organafan

Organafan Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2017
    "The Empire Strikes Back" has my favorite end scene and credits music. That music is what I always imagine when thinking of closing credits Star Wars music.

10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    TFA by a wide margin. I have mixed feelings about the movie in general but I LOVE Jedi Steps.

Howard Hand likes this.
  11. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yeah, Jedi Steps is one track that provides a snapshot of everything great about the FA soundtrack. Williams created a lot of great new cues.

Howard Hand likes this.