main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classics Best Star Wars TV Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Jan 22, 2017.

?

Best Star Wars TV series?

1. Star Wars: The Clone Wars

23 vote(s)
    59.0%
  2. Star Wars Rebels

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Star Wars: Clone Wars (2003-2005)

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  4. Star Wars: Ewoks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Star Wars: Droids

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  6. Star Wars Detours

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Lego Star Wars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Robot Chicken Star Wars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Which of the 2 canon TV series is better?

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Maybe we should expand the poll to include all Star Wars tv shows? That way it wouldn't just be a binary conflict, but would incorporate some wider views of the Star Wars universe.

There's Droids, Ewoks, 2D Clone Wars, Detours (still baffled by its complete disappearance), and the Lego shows.

3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I like Rebels a lot, but it's The Clone Wars for me.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Edited the poll to incorporate more TV shows and moving this thread to the TV forum.

A reminder that "vs" threads and TCW vs Rebels debates are not allowed there, so pick your favorite and explain it without denigrating other users' choices.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hondo is the only answer.

6. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Clone Wars 2003 for me by a long shot. Love this program, aired between AOTC and lead up to the events of ROTS. I believe you can watch it on youtube now. Its only about two hours long but my favorite. [face_love]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I had to actually think about that for a second because I do truly love Rebels, but the clone wars is what made me join the greater Starwars community and Nostalgia. So TCW it is.

8. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Oh, my apologies anakfin, I actually thought the Saga forum was where I should put such a thread since the rankings ones were also there. I didn't want to put it in the TV forum for exactly the reason you stated.

Sorry again if I caused you any trouble.

9. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    TCW, by miles! One of the most well animated, well thought out, and most incredible TV shows I've ever seen.

Vizzy91 likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Darkslayer , you're fine. The Saga forum is primarily for films, although other media (including TV) can be discussed there as it relates to the films. Since this thread is for TV, any threads that exclusively discuss TV need to be here. Not a big deal, just a content decision I had to make.

Darkslayer likes this.
  11. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Thanks for the clarification :)

12. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    TCW by far. Introduced my fave Star Wars character, and has the best animation in a 'kids' show. And the tone is the best i've seen in a show, it has the right amount of darkness and humour. And it introduced me to Star Wars which gives it a special place in my heart. What I would give to have it finished =((

DaffyTheWizard likes this.
  13. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I´ll stick with Rebels. Even if there are some episodes I just mildly enjoy there are others that have made my love for Star Wars stronger if that´s possible. That said, I really, really liked most of TCW; I think the main appeal for me is that Rebels is set in the OT era...

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I promise I'm not trying to be contrarian, but I actually voted for Rebels. I've somehow connected with this show in a way that I just didn't with TCW.

Maybe because it's a new set of characters (mostly) whom I've had the pleasure of watching develop together over the course of 2.5 seasons.

Maybe it's the fact that Lucasfilm has taken what was learned whilst producing TCW and put it into developing Rebels.

Maybe it's the episodes we get every so often like Trials of the Darksaber and Twilight of the Apprentice that truly blow the whole fanbase away, and inspire thousands of people to genuinely appreciate the show for once.

Maybe it's just a classic case of rooting for the underdog.

Whatever it is, I know that I love Rebels and love watching it gain more and more appreciation from the fans.

15. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    2D Clone Wars. I remember watching it while it originally aired, and it was one of the best ways to pass the time between AOTC and ROTS. I loved the storyline, and the animation was great.

This was a more hard-hitting view of the Clone Wars, IMO. TCW, as dark as it can be still seems lighthearted for the most part and it's far more child friendly than 2D CW. I loved the impending sense of doom throughout both seasons.

spicer likes this.
  16. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    Star Wars: Clone Wars, great cartoon and series!

17. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    TCW, by far.
    But i like Rebels, as well.

Darkslayer likes this.
  18. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    TCW and 2003 CW are equally enjoyable, but Rebels is my favorite. I always liked the OT era and I'm more attached to the Ghost crew than any of the Jedi.

19. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Easily TCW. I enjoyed this series as much as some of films.

Vizzy91, darkspine10 and Darkslayer like this.
  20. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    The Clone Wars for me, it has the best art and design of them.

21. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    The Clone Wars.
    A rare series that continued to get better throughout its run. Introduced a ton of great characters to the universe. I really liked when they would do a 3 or so episode arc. I enjoy Rebels but its The Clone Wars hands down for me.

22. Heroic BB-8

Heroic BB-8 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    i voted for the wrong Clone Wars :oops:

but yeah, the Clone Wars (2008) is handily the best in my books. Rebels does have flashes of greatness and Clone Wars (2003) has interesting animation but TCW is the only one that consistently outdoes even a good portion of the films. it's regrettable that it was cut short.

Robot Chicken and the Lego stuff are fun but that kinda feels like comparing Spaceballs to Return of the Jedi.

23. Ewan Tibbetts

Ewan Tibbetts Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2016
    Out of TCW and Rebels I'd have to say Rebels. Much more character work over a much shorter amount of time.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think that's mainly because it is much more focused on the main 5 characters.

Ewan Tibbetts likes this.
  25. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    Overall I think I'll go with TCW since Anakin is my favorite character and he's featured heavily in that. But I do love TCW, Rebels, and even the 2D clone wars series. And I also think that Robot chicken and LEGO Star Wars shows are also hilarious.