main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Okay. That is probably the greatest use of the meme that the internet will ever come up with [face_rofl]

Also, I was feeling kinda old the other day at the thought that my two younger brothers turn 18 in two months and the fact that my friend's younger brother is getting married (it's bridezilla's younger brother :p she was freaking about how young he is to be getting married... and then I pointed out that she was actually younger when she got married).

Nope. Sorry all. I no longer feel old.

2. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    It's 9:30 pm on a Friday and Mr Chyntuckopoulos is still at work :mad:

BUT, BUT, BUT. We're leaving to Paris tomorrow at dawn for five days, and I get two of those all alone with him [face_dancing]

3. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    *pokes nose in and looks around*

nice digs...

Chyntuck likes this.
  4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Ooooh, have fun, Chyntuck! Such a great city.

Hope you're not allergic to cat fur, A Blind Prophet. The tables in the corner are under a special filtered air vent, so you can hang there, if you are.

Chyntuck likes this.
  5. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    nah, i have a cat myself. i'm plenty good with that.

i'm a little surprised at some of the people that are still around these parts, actually. guess there's no getting rid of creative types ultimately. brodiew is really the only one i suspect might remember me at this point, but wouldn't be surprised if not. i used to be known as trimaj way, way back in the day.

6. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Chyntuck. enjoy Paris! Lucky gal.

A Blind Prophet - hello! I do think I remember you. Welcome back!

I'm off to New York City this weekend to visit the older youngling. He got us all tickets to the opera this weekend, so Lincoln Center here we come!

7. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    hey divapilot, guess i might have made a little bit more of an impression than i realized. things going well?

sounds like a fun trip planned right there.

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    A Blind Prophet - I remember trimaj, so I do remember you! Welcome back!

divapilot - What opera are you seeing? I saw La Boheme there last year and it was fantastic. If you've never been there before, check out the restaurant at intermission, it's amazing how fast they work. You can do just dessert if you don't want to do a full meal. I had a baked alaska and coffee at first intermission and I was astounded at the service. (You have to preorder, but you can do it when you get there.)

Chyntuck - My friend tells me there's quite the detour about sewer systems in Les Miserables, which makes since but is a little strange.
    Have fun on your trip!!

Chyntuck likes this.
  9. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    well, guess that shows what i know. thanks mavjade, good to be back actually. now i just need something to write, since i've been out of this for so long... i have that song challenge thing, but that's either going to be very big or very difficult, i'm not entirely sure yet. because there's a lot that will have to go into explaining things without being an info dump... somehow... >_>

Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    A lot of us have come and gone in fanfic, A Blind Prophet, (You do realize that you are going to get a nickname fairly quickly, right, ABP?) I was gone for a few years myself. But once you come back you fall right back into it and all the plot bunnies come out from under the couch, dust balls on their widdle teeny heads, and demand to be written IMMEDIATELY!!!1111!!

mavjade we are going to see Romeo et Juliette with Diana Damrau in the role of Juliette. I'm a huge Shakespeare geek ( :rolleyes: :p who knew) and Damrau is my son's favorite soprano. (He majored in vocal performance.) It's going to be wonderful to go into the city again, and I've always wanted to go to the Met, so I'm really looking forward to it. Hubby and I are staying overnight in Times Square (in a hotel, not actually IN Times Square) so we can enjoy ourselves. It will be nice to visit NYC without feeling obligated to go to either FAO Schwartz or the big Toys R Us or the American Girl Store. Yay for kids who are adults.

Edit: And by hubby and I enjoying ourselves in a hotel, I mean that we will be able to sleep with out the cats waking us up in the middle of the night.

11. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    divapilot that's already a nickname that i've got elsewhere, so it's a complete non-issue as far as i'm concerned. ;) the plot bunnies are not exactly being forthcoming in my case, at least not yet. i'm browsing through some of the challenge threads and so forth at the moment.

12. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hello there A Blind Prophet

Have fun on your trips divapilot and Chyntuck I'm mildly jealous of you both.

So, I had an interesting night. I had the History club pub night (it was "Summer of '69" themed). I didn't drink, I don't ever drink if I'm driving, even if I know I'll be sober by the time I leave, and it's a good thing two because there were two cop stops on the way back to my house. There was a double-murder here in town and now that the third victim has pulled through, they are doing a massive man-hunt (living in Canada's crime capital is sooooo much fun).

Anyways, for those that don't know, I have a neuromuscular condition. I can drive, but my body shakes and my speech is impossible to understand. Anyways I've feared being mistaken for being drunk while driving since I've started to drive, but I just got stopped twice and neither cop cared. The first cop was actually really nice. He looked in the back, saw the wheelchair and just let me go on my way. The second cop was kinda more annoying and asked me some questions (she asked me where I lived and we were right outside my driveway), but she didn't even ask to see my driver's license either.

But I'm still stressed out. UGH. I think I might need some chocolate.

13. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    So we arrived :)

Welcome back to fanfic A Blind Prophet :)

Have a nice time divapilot! Going to the opera in NY is absolutelydefinitely on my list of things to do some day.
    Hehe, yes. There's also a very, very looooong chapter about the Battle of Waterloo, which also kind of makes sense but is really a very convoluted way of inserting a plot point.

Briannakin No wonder you're stressed out after all this! Take good care of yourself [:D] (and yes, chocolate always helps).

And now to plan what we're doing this afternoon. Somehow I feel that a visit to Notre-Dame is appropriate, and then maybe the Victor Hugo museum?

A Blind Prophet, Kahara and yahiko like this.
  14. yahiko

yahiko Jedi Master star 2

Nov 12, 2015
    Mistress_Renata and Kahara like this.
  15. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Briannakin - Sure those people know that the song is actually about...sexual discoveries and not the year?

Either way, those cops sound like sane people.

Have a great time in Paris and NYC, Chyntuck and divapilot. :)

Re: A Blind Prophet - shorthands are a thing here. I am generally not comfortable with nicknames, but I became EP before I could even open my mouth and I'm OK with it. So, yeah, ABP. :p

Kahara and divapilot like this.
  16. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I could help. I'm no Grammar Nazi, but English is my native language. American English, not British English. They're slightly different.

Kahara and yahiko like this.
  17. yahiko

Nov 12, 2015
    Cowgirl Jedi 1701 : Thanks! ^:)^
    I'll let you know when I have something worth reading ;)

18. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    yahiko i could probably help too, if you want two sets of eyes. although that could result in too many cooks spoiling the soup, so i'll leave it up to you.

Briannakin yeesh, that sounds like a stressful journey home. glad you got there ok.

Ewok Poet i've had so many different nicknames on here that i just don't really care anymore so long as i can recognize that it has to do with me. oddly, i've literally never had one IRL. go figure.

thanks for the welcome back all, i appreciate it.

Ewok Poet and yahiko like this.
  19. yahiko

Nov 12, 2015
    A Blind Prophet likes this.
  20. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    no problem yahiko. i like helping people in general.

yahiko likes this.
  21. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Or having kitty litter crunching under your feet when you go into the bathroom!

[Gusteau voice]"Ze plot bunnies will come, ABP...ze plot bunnies ALWAYS come...to those...who love...to write!"[/Gusteau voice]

I liked the catacombs museum, but didn't tour the towers (I'm afraid of heights). Oh, you are going to have so much fun!

I'll help too, yahiko. My French isn't great, but I can do what I can.

And a shout out to everyone else, ping to Findswoman who keeps liking me! [face_love] Staying warm, girl?

I vacuumed up kitty litter this morning, then my friend came over & we bought our airline tix for Orlando/Celebration. We decided to stay the full week, so we also got passes to Universal and Disneyworld. I will probably be eating ramen noodles for a few months, but it will be worth it!!!!! Task for tomorrow: updating my account book to see the overall damage. Oh, well.

22. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Okay. *thumbs up*

yahiko likes this.
  23. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    Yay for Celebration! We are driving, which will make it much easier to transport costumes. Because my husband, who has never really been into Star Wars that much, is suddenly ALL ABOUT COSPLAY. Not only is he trying to figure out how to make armor and blasters (must have blasters!), he actually knows who Kanan Jarrus is now and can use the word "lekku" correctly in a sentence [face_laugh] Congratulations, dear, you've taken your first steps into a larger world...

Lady_Misty, Kahara, jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
  24. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    true enough Mistress_Renata. i was perusing the plot bunny adoption thread, and i've had a few ideas from that. so guess we'll just see what comes of it.

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  25. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Another birthday for me, another year closer to death. Yay for turning 30 today, I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.