main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The All-New Senate All-New Social Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by SuperWatto, Aug 2, 2013.

1. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    Thank you! Very much!

That meant something to me! :)

2. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    A major accomplishment. Congrats!

3. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    Unfortunately it ain't over til I'm in a box. LOL! Now go look at my video! :-B

Master_Rebado likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    J-Rod, that is really admirable. You should be proud, not an easy feat.

5. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    Thanks! :)

Master_Rebado likes this.
  6. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    It takes a real man to admit that they have a problem and fix it. great job!

Master_Rebado and J-Rod like this.
  7. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Congrats J-Rod. As somebody who's seen family members struggle with addiction, I know 25 years is not an easy feat at all.

8. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    Holy crap! No one has posted in this thread in a year? We should be more social!

Oh yeah, and today I have 26 years clean and sober! :)

This is becoming The J-Rod is Still Sober Thread!

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Congratulations, man. You should be proud, because what you've done is in no way easy, nor can everyone do it. Had a family member take his life a few years ago, addiction/alcoholism and its life consequences were a large part of that. So I don't say any of this lightly - we fight like cats and dogs in the Politics thread, but I greatly respect your struggle and admire your commitment to sobriety. Additionally, I like that you speak openly about it - also not something that's easy, I'm sure - but it helps others know that it's possible.

Cheers, @J-Rod.

10. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    I can be polarizing. And to my credit, I was long before it was cool...LOL! However this is the one thing that let's everyone, including myself, know that I'm human with all the trappings and frailties that come with it. Whether that's endearing enough to overcome my giant ego is up for the reader to decide.

But it is possible to recover from addiction! Absolutely. I love the look in the eyes of a newly sober person when they "get it." When something is said that they have been waiting, subconsciously, to hear. The light. The look. You know that, for now at least, their life has been saved and will go in a different direction! But it's so hard because "Get it" is so different for each sufferer.

I wish we could bottle it and give it out!
    EDIT: I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  11. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    keep on keeping on. You've succeeded where many have not.

12. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    There is a company called GamerzTek. They make clone versions of consoles. People have made clone for a while now, but these are hardware, not software emulation. And they have HDMI outputs. I have a clone Genesis, SNES and NES!

I did a review of them. The NES is actually portable as well! So much fun!!!

13. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Thanks @J-Rod! I’ll have to check it out.

J-Rod and Master_Rebado like this.
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    NBA JAM! J, that's awesome. Thank you for sharing.

J-Rod, Vaderize03 and Master_Rebado like this.
  15. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    Amazon has them. Inexpensive and fun! We have a retro game chain in AZ called Fallout Games. They make the GamerzTek stuff. I'm becoming a hipster...

Also, I just bought The Eagles Live on vinyle.

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    We’ve got an Atari Flashback 7. I had fun showing my sons the difference between a joystick and an Xbox controller.

I don’t know if that counts as a retro game like you all are talking about.

17. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    Depends who you ask. Some count only original consoles playing original games. I prefer the modern clone consoles with HDMI playing the original games. But those emulator boxes count for most of us. The latest Flashback, BTW, had a modern HDMI output. :)

Do you play much?

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Not as much as I did at one time unfortunately, but I still enjoy it once in awhile.

Jedi Knight Fett and J-Rod like this.
  19. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    Let's have some fun! I'm not always a bad guy! I like to goof off too!

This weekend was my 50th Birthday. So we had a party. And a bounce house. Only this time I didn't break my ankle!

My nephew and I set up a "Passing of the Torch" story line and promoted it for a month on social media. Then the climax of the birthday party was a match in the bounce house. It's 6 and a half minutes from set up to finish. Check it out, if you will!

20. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Welcome to the 50 and older crowd! Happy birthday! I hope you've received your AARP welcome packet in the mail. Because AARP still likes to do its business the old fashioned way. Because its members are old.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  22. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    Thank You!

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    J! Happy birthday, man. Hope it was a great one, spent with your family and/or your impressive game collection. :p

edit - I didn't see your above post, just af's. apologies - happy belated birthday! [face_blush]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    J-Rod likes this.
  24. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Happy belated birthday @J-Rod

J-Rod likes this.
  25. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    Thanks!!!!

Juliet316 likes this.