main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends Healer on Moniron (DDC 2017 Kaagi Adin) with artwork complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 3, 2017.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Title: Healer on Moniron, Kaagi Adin
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: Saga and beyond
    Character: Kaagi Adin
    Genre: diary
    Summary: Kaagi Adin writes a diary after his escape from the Jeditemple
    Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

Entry 1

The last entry from my previous diary was about the writing-material and the baby of Henrani and Janeah Elenion. The kid is now two years old.

A lot of time has passed.
    Yes, yesterday we went to the celebration of Lenwe’s second birthday. You should have seen Aaqu’s face when he saw Lenwe.
    During the ride back he told me that he had seen a kid named Alwin Karao with Lenwe’s looks 19 years ago in the healers’ ward of the Jeditemple getting his shots. That boy and more children were rescued by Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn from a cruel fate as slaves. They were taken by the slavers from their parents. The Jedi could track down all the parents except the ones of Alwin Karao.

Yoda sensed some Force-sensitivity from Alwin and the kid was accepted as an initiate. Years later – Alwin was 13 and not taken as a Jedi-apprentice by a master – the kid left with Magin Bhik to join the members working at the Alladea agristation on Alderaan. Alwin had a great affinity with animals.

I have to stop. Tarmenel is calling me.

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    A new diary. I hope I can follow it!

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Will you update once a week? :D

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The next update is now but the one after that will be after my moving and regaining internet

Entry 2
    That was for an emergency.
    Enga had been to the lake with a group of children for swimming-lessons when one of the children spotted a small boat drifting towards the shore. In it was a barely conscious man who needed our help. He had been on a fishing trip when he began to suffer abdominal pain. It turned out to be a ruptured apendix.

I kept the man under sedation and Tarmenel removed the culprit.
    After the succesful procedure I stayed with the man and…

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 3
    That was Aranella interrupting me with great news.
    Tarmenel had a larger cottage for us.
    Marhin will have his new room and the cottage has more rooms. Aranella has a study and for me there is one too. And the cottage has more rooms.

And that was the reason for me becoming very busy with moving our stuff to the new cottage and not seeing this diary for weeks. Now I am sitting in my new study and…

6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Nice and short update entries. Deux petite odeuvre! :) Something fun to lighten up my mood. Thank you!

7. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    and another interruption it seems. i like the simplicity of this, it feels very down to earth and homey, which fits the voice of this seemingly simple healer. i look forward to seeing where your story goes.

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More fun in the next one
    He is now on his home-planet but has been a Jedi-healer and thank you for reading

Entry 4

That was Aaqu with a big smile on his face. Why?

He began to tell about the presidents of Moniron. Moniron is a democracy with a president who is chosen for a four years time of service. The president is now from Harada but the successors will be from Aarga, Rhova and Monira. He is assisted by the former presidents who form the senate. A senator can stay in service for 20 years and when he retires he is usually asked for an important position at a factory or government agency.

The new one – Jenny Dinkara – is from Monira. She has been a teacher at the university and has great ideas. And that had me asking about the former presidents.
    President Dinkara was the successor of the president from Aarga, a capable woman named Nel Tirit. Aaqu made a face when he mentioned her predecessor.
    That was Paloni from Harada. The man – a human with grey hair dyed red – was only interested in getting credits for development of the industry of Harada. Aaqu showed me the pictures of the large industrial complex. It looked like a big ant-hill or a konjy-burrow.

‘Yeah with hair like that he resembled a konjy’ was what Aaqu said with a big grin on his face when he produced a comic with Paloni admired by a group of konjy’s all with hair dyed like his hair. ‘Paloni made a face when one of the konjy’s ran away. And he is the only president not staying after his term as a senator because he has his big business to run in Haradan.’

We discussed some more about what the old republic has become. It is now an empire with Darth Sidious and his nefarious minions and Darth Vader as his slave. Yes a slave. Anakin – we still think of him as Anakin the Jediknight – has to do everything Sidious orders. We know there is some light hidden deep inside his mind and it will be his redemption. We just have to wait.

9. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    huh, that's a really interesting governmental system. i wouldn't mind finding out some more about that in the slightest. seems like it's mildly exploitable in some ways, but it's also interesting that it kinda gets rid of the idea of career politicians. which is cool.

are we going to be hearing more about jenny dinkara i wonder?

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    In case of the bird, dear A Blind Prophet, most questions are always nicely answered.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sure
    here in the next entry

Entry 5

Busy, busy, busy and I haven’t seen my diary in months. The work kept me busy, Marhin too and of course Aranella asking me to help with the work in the cottage.

About five months ago we moved to the cottage but getting your things settled takes a lot of time and a lot of moving them to new places.
    And decorating and that’s a lot of work too when Aranella comes with new ideas for paint, draperies and furniture. Discussions with the nurses and patients are giving her great ideas and who has to do the painting? I! Because Aranella found out that I did a lot of painting in my classes as a Jedi initiate. It didn’t matter that that painting had to do with air-speeders and transports in the hangar. And that Grease Maurishka was my teacher. Yes Master Gavin Maurishka was always called grease because he was dirty working in the great hangar.
    And Aaqu has been kept busy too because he had to help me with the new furniture. The old furniture didn’t fit and had to be changed. Draperies were her thing after I botched the cutting of some nice second-hand draperies gotten from Eled-Hir. And those draperies led to more discussions about presidents.

Yeah, Aranella is an avid follower of Jenny Dinkara. I mentioned great ideas in my previous entry. Some of those great ideas involved fashion and following that home-fashion. And that kept poor me busy. Aranella had seen a nice couch in the cottage of her friend. That the friend wanted to get rid of the couch because it was too big in the living room wasn’t told to her or me. But we went to see it and try it. It was too small for me. My long frame needs a larger couch. We didn’t get that couch but went somewhere else. Yes.

I don’t like the fashion-thingy at all. It’s a waste of good things. But… Yes but. President Dinkara came up with another idea to spread the second-hand stores all over the planet. That’s nice but it has me following Aranella to second-hand shop this and that and getting more things and the couch that was a perfect fit for us.

President Dinkara has some great stuff too. She likes to comment on the galaxy as it is now run by Darth Sidious. She abhors the rules that other species aren’t allowed to travel freely and get the less desirable jobs. And that had her commenting too on the rule under President Paloni where citizens from Harada were preferred for government jobs. Paloni – in doing so – got all his friends nice jobs. That rule went into the garbage bin as soon as Paloni ended his presidency.
    Now I have to go. Aranella is calling me.

12. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    I don’t like the fashion-thingy at all. It’s a waste of good things. But… Yes but.

this cracked me up. i really like this character i have to say. i think i said it before, but very down to earth, and a homey sense about him that's just really appealing.

dinkara better be careful with those comments and so forth about palps. that's a sure way to get in trouble. i'm curious though, how's he know about darth sidious?

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I always like that you have down to earth characters that are much more than serene warrior monks. They are part of the real world outside their door step. Have real relationships without falling for fear, anger or greed.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006

Entry 6
    Yes, again very busy and months have past.

We had a big party with Shonalla and Alarik Wanqin getting married. Enga was the leading woman during the ceremony where Tarmenel Eled-Hir bonded the couple. Aaqu and I did the planning, helping Enga getting all the guests from all over Moniron settled in rooms. One guest was a famous professor from Monir University Hospital and he offered Shonalla and Alarik new jobs. Shonalla had asked permission from Enga and she had given it to her. Teaching at a university is nice. And with all that planning Aaqu and I needed some R and R.

I heard from Jasa – one of the guests – more about politics. His comments on Sidious were funny and it pleases me immensely that Moniron is unknown to the empire thanks to Anakin Skywalker – known as Darth Vader to the poor beings living in the empire – who errased Moniron from the star-charts. Besides politics Jasa had more to tell. He knew about a nice cottage at the beach near Rhonda and that had me renting it and moving there with Aranella, Marhin and Aaqu.

That was two days ago and what did Aranella spot during our ride through Rhonda? A second-hand shop and that had Aaqu and me entertaining Marhin and Aranella busy for almost three hours in said shop. She came out with more stuff and even a bag to transport all that stuff.

Now I am relaxing with my feet in the sand and the gentle waves making them wet.
    Hey there is someone. I have to go.

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Moniron is unknown to the empire thanks to Anakin Skywalker – known as Darth Vader to the poor beings living in the empire – who errased Moniron from the star-charts.

At least one good thing came out of it. And let us hope it stays this way. Moniron save from the Empire and its ambitions.

16. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    ah ha, not being on the star charts is definitely not a bad thing. is there a fic that mentions when vader did that?

again, still loving the overall tone of this, i have to say. i'm assuming that he's married...? at first i wasn't sure if it was just him helping people out because he's a nice guy, but this makes a lot more sense if he's married.

looking forward to more.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    you know;)
    In his previous diary is an entry explaining why Vader did errase Moniron and where he is married.

The Force is guiding me, Kaagi Adin

Entry 7

That relaxing was after a nice ride with the Falgans. But now I was called for an emergency also involving Falgans and that had me working late and sitting almost an entire night near the surf and getting wet and sandy.

First I will explain what happened before I wrote my previous entry.
    We arrived at the cottage and stuffed our stuff – and all the new stuff from the second-hand shop – in our rooms before getting our swimwear to go to the beach and meet the Falgans.

Falgans are black and white sea mammals like the Lingalans I have met on Lingala. They are sentient and have a long history. They are friendly and you can ride them after they come to get you.
    Marhin was enjoying the beach and the new friends in the ocean. The Falgans were very kind for him and took him and me for a gentle ride.
    Aaqu got one to ride too and had some more fun planned when he produced a purple crocodragon from his bag and inflated it. It had been a present from Magin Bhik after he was released from the healer’s ward. I had gotten one too but it was lost during my escape from the Jeditemple. After all that shopping and fun at the beach I was tired and writing in my diary.

I had to go because I saw Falgans jumping up and again coming towards the beach and from their behaviour and a brief contact with one I surmised that something was wrong.
    I went swimming and spotted a Falgan with a different black and white pattern on his skin clearly in distress. He had a wound on his flipper.
    I made contact with him and whispered Kaaginha in his ears, sensing somehow that that was his name. I was able to guide him with the help from more Falgans to the shallow water near our cottage.

Aaqu too had sensed what was wrong and had our medbags ready. We could sedate him, treat the injury and give him medicines.
    And with a sedated Falgan one of us had to stay with him in the water and that was me.
    I sat there and watched the sun rise. I was wet and sandy and shivering a bit when the Falgan regained consciousness.
    He thanked me and said that his full name wasFa Alanor Erda a Kaaginha. A lot more than my given name Kaagi that’s coming from the name Aaquilin Kaaginha.
    Kaaginha waited until he saw his friends and swam away. A patient treated and well on his way to recovery had me returning to the cottage and getting dry and warm again and falling asleep.

I have to go and help Aranella to get all our stuff in the speeder. Yes, we are returning home.

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I always like the animal descriptions in your fan fics, my dear bird.

As for knowing about the fate of Moniron, I try to start fresh with each new diary. Trying not to leave spoiler comments for any of your readers.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Some history in the next entry

Entry 8

123. Yes that was yesterday, celebrating my birthday.
    123 years ago I was born here on Moniron. My parents were Marin and Yorana Adin.
    I was almost three years old when my parents were murdered. I escaped because my father put me on our husan. Somewhere during my escape I must have fallen from the back of the husan. I was found by my future master Glinis Ra-Ond and my future friend Aaqu Maerhin. They were on a wilderness trip to padawan Aaqu’s home-planet. The two Jedi wanted to take me to Coruscant to be trained as a Jedi. The authorities granted their wish.

I became like my master and friend a healer and served the Jedi until a voice from the eternity – the late Jedi-master Fay – urged me to go to my home-planet.
    That’s all in my previous diary. Now I have to go and help Aranella.

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    What an eventful life! Great sorrow, great joy. And overall one with the Force. Always.

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more remembered

Entry 9

Busy, busy, yes that’s again me and not writing in my diary that much. My son Marhin is seven years old and asking me a lot of questions because he is going to school and a fast learner. Already he can read almost all my books.

Today I visited Aaqu to memorize the attack on the Jeditemple now 15 years ago. John Vanrood and Enga were also present. Aaqu ignited his lightsaber and did likewise with mine and we all sat in silence for five minutes.

We remembered the slain Jedi
    The victims of the wars
    The thousands suffering under the empire
    The dark times

A mournful song was heard and when we looked outside we saw the Dunai elder gathered around the pond. Each of them was holding a candle and the flames flickered in the wind and were reflected by the pond.
    We went outside and joined them and soon we were reciting the lines of old and remembering every being that died during the wars, past and present.

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    John Vanrood. An almost Dutch name, almost. ;)

I also liked the memorial scene a lot.

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006

Entry 10

Very busy again and something great has happened in the last few days.

Aaqu had heard from Qui-Gon that he had observed Obi-Wan being injured by a piece of a racing-pod and the rescue by two fire-fighters – Alwin Karao and Luciano Robi – and Boyd Vienar going to the podraces. He had seen Yoda’s lightsaber – I will come to that soon – and had instructed Obi-Wan to guide Alwin and Luciano to Moniron.

Tarmenel went to get the two coming – the third stayed on Tatooine – and surprise. It turned out that Alwin Karao – turning 13 and sent to Alderaan and the Agricorps with mentor Magin Bhik – was the lost son of Henrani and Janeah Elenion. He will visit his parents soon.

Alwin told us about his stay at the farm with Magin and that he felt the thousands of Jedi die. And about the signal to return to the temple and the second signal and Magin’s decision to go into hiding. He became – like Luciano Robi – a fire-fighter.

Luciano Robi had been a fire-fighter at the Jedi-temple fire-department during the clone-wars until he was sent to another station by his new chief. Vivid were his descriptions of the destruction of the temple and Anakin Skywalker marching ahead of his clone-troopers and entering the temple. He was forbidden to fight the fires raging in the temple.
    He told us of the day after Palpatine had declared himself emperor and the small fire in the bowels of the Senatehall. He showed us a lightsaber and I recognised it: Yoda’s lightsaber. It became a tool to rescue lives. He told us of the betrayal of Mori Sinna. That man was a colleague of Boyd Vienar and employed by Palpatine and deeply involved in the nefarious schemes to make the lives of Jedi a hell. He contacted Boyd Vienar and the two made their escape in Boyd’s transport to Alderaan. There they became friends with Alwin. Luciano had used the lightsaber on Tatooine to rescue Ben – yeah that’s now his name – Kenobi and treated him with Alwin helping for some small injuries.

Obi-Wan programmed the coordinates for Moniron and told Alwin and Luciano to go.
    Luciano will become a teacher for the fire-fighters at the estate and Alwin is now a student of master Eled-Hir.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 11

Aaqu had contacted Henrani and Janeah Elenion about Alwin. They arrived today.

An emotional meeting between them and Alwin followed. Janeah closed Alwin in her arms and comforted him and his father hugged him. Alwin told them of the time with the slavers and being under the care of an unfriendly woman until he was rescued by a little green Jedi when he was about to be sold. He told them of his training as a Jedi and not being apprenticed to a master when he became 13. He told them of his meeting with Magin Bhik and his education by him and the dark times when the Empire was born and ended with the story of his arrival on Moniron.

Alwin met his little brother Lenwe for the first time and you should have seen them, friends at first sight. He took his brother to the great house and showed him the holo’s his friend Luciano has brought. They soon had an audience of all the children.
    Marhin joined them and soon the giggles were heard through the open windows.

And bringing Marhin to his bed I heard again an owl-story. They are ageless and always entertaining.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 12
    More Jedi and an old friend of us have escaped the purge.
    Jiri Lapiili and his padawan Jake Gorulus arrived a week ago with Lia Neitha.
    Lia was the kind doctor from Ganaris who had helped Obi-Wan Kenobi once when he was involved in a speeder-accident. Anakin was of course driving recklessly and met with a powercoupling injuring his master. Lia could also help Jiri and Jake after they met her.

Jake told us that he was at sea with Jiri with a small contingent of clonetroopers doing an exercise of ‘catch me if you can’ with three boats. Jiri and Jake were in the lead and they were followed by two boats with troopers. Order 66 came through and the clones turned against them. The two were succesful evading the clones but were injured and rescued by an old man who took them in his boat to his village. Jake had broken his right leg and both he and Jiri had burns. The son of the old man asked them to help set up a rebellion and Jiri and Jake agreed to that. They stayed for years on Firokua until they had to flee because the empire was establishing a base on the planet. Milindus Migilian – a famous owner of a podracing stable and a rebel – helped them to escape to Ganaris.

Jiri told us that they were helping Lia to collect seaweed. He had stuffed some extra seaweed in his wetsuit when he spotted a boat with a well known imperial, Laie Drik and a captain. The boat was piloted by a sailor who took action when he heard what Drik was calling. He killed them and helped the Jedi and Lia to escape.

Lia told us about the diversion they had to create, guiding their boat to a waiting transport. ‘Jake programmed a random jump and the TIE-fighters couldn’t catch us.’

‘And I was dreaming that Qui-Gon Jinn guided my hands and there we were. Moniron was visible and we landed and were welcomed by Henrani Elenion.’ Jiri ended their story.

Tarmenel examined the seaweed that Lia gave him and told us that it is similar to the seaweed found here.
    Lia will help him to make burnsalve and she will join the teachers.

I examined Jake’s leg that was supported by a brace and told him that I could restore it to full use. Aaqu helped me during the long procedure. Lia helped with the surgery on the burns on the hands of Jiri and Jake and applied her burnsalve.
    The two will make a full recovery after intense therapy.
    Aaqu is now doing IC-duty caring for them.
    And I have some plans to make the therapy interesting.

AzureAngel2 likes this.