main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Star Wars: Galactic Nights at WDW April 14th

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by D-Ludicrous, Jan 11, 2017.

1. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
  2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I saw that they will let you into the park starting at 5pm. Right now I'm passing on this. It looks like other than one or two things it's the normal stuff they do on a daily basis.

3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    It looks cool, but I don't think I want to spend $130 on a ticket. Especially since I'll probably be at Celebration until 7:00.

4. Kettchs_Girl

Kettchs_Girl Jedi Master star 1

Mar 22, 2004
    I bought a ticket for this. I saw their old Star Wars fireworks show last year when I was there and it was awesome. A friend paid for us to attend the special Star Wars dessert party during the show, and that event was certainly worth the extra cash. I'm also hoping the fact that it's a hard ticket event will mean the park is less crowded that evening, and the additional Star Wars themed elements should be fun.

It was an easy decision for me since I love Disney World. I only have time for 2 days there on this trip so instead of putting the money towards park hopper upgrades I put it towards this and I'll just hit 1 park each day, managing with 3 out of 4 (sorry EPCOT).

I'm still waiting to see if they offer special convention-discounted Disney tickets like they did for the last Celebration...

5. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I changed the date in the title, the Galactic Nights is on the 14th.

I already have tickets to the 501st banquet that night, otherwise I would probably have bought tickets for this one. I did the Last Tour to Endor and that was a great evening. I won't have the chance to go to Disney for those other times when they do the same show so this would be my chance to see all those things.

6. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Do they include food or any freebies on this thing? Or is it just the park? I've never been to an after hours event at Disney, only at Universal and at Universal dinner at Hogsmeade was provided.

7. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    On the Disney Galactic Nights site, it says to come in costume as your favorite character. Has anybody read the costuming rules?

You may be discouraged...unless they have changed them only for this specific event.

8. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    in costume in that heat, no thanks

Alison Organa likes this.
  9. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I'm sure that the majority of the people in costume would rather attend (if they have tickets) the 501st Bash, where there are no restrictions on outfits.

Yes, the heat and humidity ARE bad!!!

10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I ended up getting tickets to both. The bash for Weird Al and the other awesomeness and this because we were gonna go to Disney anyway.

11. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Scroll down to the special event section.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress/

12. Echosen

Echosen Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    Hello all, new to the forum here. This will be my first SWC I'm attending with my Son, Jedi in training who is 23. I thought the tix were abit pricey too, esp being that we are going to Disney Hollywood studios on wed as well but went for this as i think the visuals from the projections will be stellar. At first I wasn't too excited about the treasure hunt but know I'm curious to see what the collectables will be. Could be fun. I know I'm dressing casual & for comfort here. Anyways I'll be at SWC all day thurs and till 3ish fri. Regroup and head the galactic nights.

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I think we pretty much have the same plan. Catch a quick change of clothes then heading over to the park since we can get in at 5pm.

14. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
    I msged WDW to see if fast pass will be active for Galactic Nights, it won't be.

15. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I hope they put the schedule up for SWCO before this Galactic Nights event sells out.

Because if they are screening the films at Celebration each night after closing time like they did at SWCA, than I would probably rather just stick around and watch those. If I had to pick the top 3 things I experienced at SWCA, watching the whole saga throughout the weekend (two films a night) would definitely be in that list. Nothing beats watching SW movies surrounded by hundreds of other SW fans who are all donning light sabers and costumes and where cheering is totally appropriate at even the most minor of events and lines of dialogue. This year I am hoping they do a dual screening of Rogue One and A New Hope one night.

But if they aren't screening the movies, and there aren't any other after hours screenings, panels, or other events being held in the Convention Center that are worth going to, then I'd like to go check out this Galactic Nights. It could even kill two birds with one stone by being my chance to see WDW and all it has to offer there in terms of anything Star Wars. That way I wouldn't have to stay a day after Celebration to do that.

I didn't go, but looking at the schedule for Celebration Europe last year I think I saw only one film being screened after hours and I forget which night it was held.

I guess we'll wait and see.

16. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    They screened TFA on Friday night at CE. Remember though that CE is just three days, compared to four for US Celebrations, so that makes it harder to translate the schedule from one to the other.

17. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    That's the thing. I have a feeling they ARE going to screen the movies. Or at least do screenings of something each night. And I don't want to buy a ticket for Galactic Nights and then see that they are. But I also don't want it sell out in the event that there are no screenings.

18. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I can watch the movies anytime. But I don't get the chance to go to Disney except every few years for vacation. Disney it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Good reason.

Although it's also not very often you get a chance to see SW on the big screen in a room packed with hundreds of other cheering and dressed up fans.

Not to mention I live in L.A., so Disneyland is basically down the street from me. Still though, this Galactic Nights seems different from anything Disneyland has held.

Being a young single guy with a fair amount of disposable income, and for reasons that may prohibit me from attending other Celebrations in the foreseeable future (currently in the process to join the Army), I'm thinking I might just spring for everything and do it all, or at least have the means to do it all. I don't doubt I could even sell my ticket for Galactic Nights if I opt not to go when it comes around.

20. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    That's not entirely true. I run a movie theater so it does for me ;)

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  21. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
    I read Disney announced the opening for their 14 acre Star Wars Worlds expansion in Anaheim and Orlando is scheduled to open Jan 2019!!!

22. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015
    Will something like this also give you enough time to see all (or most) of the park for someone who hasn't been before?

23. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Hollywood Studios is a one day park. Last time I went I rode Star Tours like 6 or 7 times. I wanted to see all the different versions. I didn't take in the one show in the building right before the Indiana Jones stunt show though.

24. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
    Not for sure, although I was told Galatic nights guest can enter at 4.

25. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    It says 5pm on my tickets.