main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Going Rogue

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Corellian_Outrider, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I have yet to see it again but planning on seeing it again soon. I found that I enjoyed it better than I did with TFA upon first viewing…. with TFA it was the unknown and coming out I was not sure how I felt about it and needed to process it all. With Rogue One, we are in familiar territory and it is more contained than setting up a new trilogy.

Definitely agree about the dogfights. Krennic and Galen was good and I also liked K2SO and Chirrut.

How did you find the music? I have been listening to the OST on its own and I love it and has some beautiful pieces in there. While watching the film, it felt that some parts were not connecting as it could.

2. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    No problems whatsoever staying awake ... wow. I really loved it (mostly because I think I love the OT more than I ever will the ST for nostalgic reasons). I have a feeling that all subsequent space battles will be compared to the one at the end of this. ANH was enhanced and TFA (at least the action scenes and urgh the horrible stupid Rathtars) diminished..

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  3. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm glad that you loved it :)

It really makes me want to watch ANH straight after seeing Rogue One. It changes things. It'll do a spoiler tag for this part as I want to talk about some of the surprises:

I love how we got to see some familiar faces again.

I had been wishing for moments with Mon Mothma and Bail Organa since even before the Saga Collection came to Blu-Ray (how there were rumours of an Ultimate Edition) and now we got them together in the OT setting. That was nice how he spoke of Leia.

Also a pleasant surprise seeing Red Leader and Gold Leader again during the space battle. It makes sense having some of the same squadron members from ANH and glad that it happened. Saw the Ghost from Rebels twice and heard mentioning of a General Syndulla which could be Hera. I've heard Chopper was in there too but I missed him. I'll keep my eye out next viewing. Also was not expecting Leia to be in this. I'm glad that we did get more Tarkin.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  4. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Fourth viewing today, I think I really enjoyed it much more with each viewing. Still not on the same level as TFA as it lacks the heart and punch.

But some of my initial worries and gripes have sort of faded away.

5. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013
    Hopefully see it again on Wednesday, really just want to see that Vader scene again.

6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I am glad to hear that it does get better with repeated viewing. I hope to see it again this week though might be tricky with how soon we are to Christmas.

It be nice to watch it and then head home and put on ANH straight after :p

Jedi Daniel and LANDO_ROCKS like this.
  7. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002

Am going for the fifth time tonight.

[​IMG]

8. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Rogue One is up for pre-order at JB HiFi already :) I'll be getting the 2 disc Blu-Ray set.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
  10. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Nah, I don't buy Steelbooks.

11. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002

I was going to say that they are usually released later than the regular ones (if that matters to you).

I'm getting the digital download from iTunes, I can't even remember the last time I used my BD player.

12. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I still buy the standard Blu-Ray discs, prefer to have physical copies.

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    After what happened with TFA how they released two different versions with different set of features a few months apart from each other... I'm not sure whether to wait for a box set in a couple of years time or get it when it comes out. Knowing me, I probably end up getting it anyway.

14. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Maybe this can be a little stocking stuffer for Christmas to listen to.

Rebel Force Radio has a brilliant series called Star Wars Oxygen where David Collins and Jimmy Mac go through the music of John Williams. This episode they go through some of the themes from Rogue One and makes you hear the score in a different way and appreciate it what Michael Giacchino had done. Really well done and looking forward to the next part.

15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I finally saw it the second time around and then went home straight after to watch ANH.

First of all, I loved the film even more the second time around. Connected more with the characters, the soundtrack and the emotional weight. Really really love to watch the space battle again. When going back into ANH, it was a surprise that the crawl describes Rogue One perfectly and it picks up well and then slows down when the droids arrive on Tatooine.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  16. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    There's a Moonlight showing tomorrow in the city with a costume contest....wish I could go but I'm shoot archery all afternoon and fear after a day in the sun I'd fall asleep at a movie!!

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That would be amazing to go to if your day wasn't packed full of jam.

18. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Sadly it was jammier than I even wanted...

19. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
  20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That is not too far away, I might get it as I really want to watch it again.

Though I hope it is the definitive version and not be some collector's 3D Blu-Ray with new special features a few months later like they did with TFA.

21. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    This is what JB has listed so far - https://www.jbhifi.com.au/?q=rogue one&

3D is one of them. I hope all the special features are the same too.

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I hope the behinds the scenes are more in-depth. I really loved the ones they did for the Prequels like The Beginning (TPM) and Within a Minute (ROTS).

I am curious to see how the steel case design is… might get that if it is nice.

23. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002

The TFA special features were a joke IMO.

Lucas poured quite a bit of cash on them but perhaps Disney is holding the purse-strings a bit tighter?

24. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
  25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I think I might wait on getting physical release after seeing the current list of features…

There is a possibility for a boxset at the end with expanded content than what they have so far.