main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tyrian purple, Palpatine´s niece (OC), 23rd vignette of 25: answer

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Some beautiful work and imagery. Lynda V.

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Pandora: Thanks for your comment and your jolly good profile of Orson. I think my writing is also influenced by having watched ALL episodes of "Bloodline, Season 1" in one go the weekend before this story came to life. I like bad guys with background. Characters that are not easy to judge.

As for Orson and his relationship with Nagina: it will stay complicated and they are indeed not lovers, even though there is deep affection. Most men in my OC´s life are complicated like her uncle Sheev Palpatine aka Darth Sidious. And she always wants to save them from themselves.

Hopefulwriter: I would like to give that compliment back. ^:)^

And here my 9th vignette, not beta-edited by DarthUncle yet and a kind Kahara is busy with skimming through my upcoming Chapter 18 (due to be on-line for Saint Valentine´s Day):

Title:“This is the weeping song”, a Nagina vignette

Author: AzureAngel2

Co-Author and editor: @DarthUncle

Time frame: The story takes place 21 BBY.

Planet of choice: Corellia

Summary: A Corellian wake is special. But this is not why a teenager has flown from his secret hiding place all the way to “The Elder Brother”. He owes some respect to the widow since they knelt in the sands of Geonosis together.

Disclaimer: SW is owned by George Lucas, Lucas Ltd. and now The Walt Disney Company

She came to me one morning, one lonely Sunday morning,
    Her long hair flowing in the mid-winter wind.
    I know not how she found me, for in darkness I was walking,
    And destruction lay around me from a fight I could not win.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men
    To fight and kill their brothers without thought of love or god.
    And I begged her give me horses to trample down my enemies,
    So eager was my passion to devour this waste of life.

But she would not think of battle that reduces men to animals,
    So easy to begin and yet impossible to end.
    For she the mother of all men had counselled me so wisely that
    I feared to walk alone again and asked if she would stay.

"Oh lady lend your hand," I cried, "Oh let me rest here at your side."
    "Have faith and trust in me," she said and filled my heart with life.
    There is no strength in numbers. I’ve no such misconceptions.
    But when you need me be assured I won’t be far away.

Thus having spoke she turned away and though I found no words to say
    I stood and watched until I saw her black cloak disappear.
    My labor is no easier, but now I know I’m not alone.
    I find new heart each time I think upon that windy day.
    And if one day she comes to you drink deeply from her words so wise.
    Take courage from her as your prize and say hello for me.

Of course, it is a risk using the 'Slave I'. The Jedi Order, possibly informed by blasted Kenobi, what she looks like. But you cannot, will not imagine another means of transport. You and the ship form a special union. Most of your childhood days were spent inside her bowels.

You program the course into the ships nav computer.

Just by sitting behind her controls you hear the echoes of your father’s voice bouncing through the cockpit once more.

"She’s a Firespray Pursuit Special…one of six prototypes manufactured for the prison. She’s the last of her kind now."

You smile and remember more things he said about her.

"I’ve recently made a few adjustments. The only original part of the ship is the chair I’m sitting in."

Now it is your chair. Despite the millions of brothers you have in the galaxy, you are the only true heir of Jango Fett.

But today you are just a ten year old orphan who is on his way to back up a very special lady.

While you cradled your father’s severed head in your arms, she came out of nowhere and knelt down next to you in the sands of Geonosis. There was death all around you in the form of stinking cadavers and battle debris. She did not fuss, she did not faint. In reverent silence, she held vigil with you.

When you finally gazed at her with tear-rimmed eyes, wondering about her attendance, she said, “For a Mandalorian to be ignorant of his heritage is to be dar’manda — without a soul — and to be without a place in the collective afterlife.”

She could have said so many other things, but she did not. Instead she reminded you of your duties as a son. That brought you back to the land of the Living.

While the ship goes for hyper drive, you cross your arms behind your head and stretch out your legs.

Nagina’s heart is a wondrous place, soft and strong at the same time. Like a true Mando’ade she places no emphasis on birthplace, species, or citizenship when dealing with other beings. You also have the impression that she chooses to ignore rank and status. That she judges others only by their actions and their achievements. But she never tries to condemn a person for the chosen life style.

Despite all, you were impressed, and still are. Nagina is not of your people. She is a chubby kindergarten teacher hailing from Naboo, where everything is flowery, sweet and easy-going. Yet she showed a courage that not even Count Dooku possessed.

You could not help but to bound to her that day. Even gave her a nickname: me’suum’ika which translates to 'moon' or 'little planet'. Not because she is slightly overweight. She follows the old moon traditions of her people.

You check the expected time of arrival on Corellia.

It is very likely that you miss most of the wake for her husband.

Rumours have it that there was not even a body that they were able to bring back to her. That Separatist bomb ripped everything into pieces.

But for the next three nights and days you will stay at her side. No matter how much drink her husband’s friends will consume. Not even Sheev Palpatine will be able to shoo you off.

This time you will be her anchor to reality. The reminder that life is worth living and that the best revenge is that she keeps on being a kindergarten teacher.

There is an incoming Holo message. It is encrypted and, while you check the matter, it seems that the sender is untraceable. You switch it on anyway.

“I cannot stop you coming to Corellia, young Boba,” the Supreme Chancellor says, not hiding his face under a hood. Not to you. “But do me the favour of keeping a low profile!”

You smirk, because this man thinks you are some kind of nerf-herder.

“Fact is, I need you to reach out to Nagina. She has been in shock since days. Functional, but really not herself. I need her back. If you manage that delicate mission, the reward will be immense.”

He is insulting you.

Nagina is not a mission for you, never can be. You will kill everybody stupid enough to assign themselves to bring her in. She is untouchable.

“Aliit ori’shya tal’din,” you mutter under your breath. Family is more than blood.

You know almost nothing about the deceased. But you want to honour him the way your people do it.

Mando’ad draar digu. Barin Samye will be remembered. A Mandalorian never forgets.

Sources:
    The song “Lady in Black” by Uriah Heep (1971)
    Wookieepedia – The Star Wars Wiki
    Jedipedia, a free German Star Wars-Encyclopaedia

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  3. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    A nice, well done vignette and the fact that you added in a little Uriah Heep was a plus in my book. :)

AzureAngel2 and DarthUncle like this.
  4. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Since I am usually quite sure Boba Fett is best when he stays mysterious and largely unknown, I was very sceptical when you told me about this one AzureAngel2. But you managed to make the boy that will be a dangerous, menacing bounty hunter come to life on my screen:

He has a certain harshness to him, and a need to belong to his fathers culture (is that still canon?) and at the same time shows a strong loyalty, as is congruent with that culture, for a person that is so wholly different from it. And underlying his sympathy uncovers the raw despair that he felt as his father died, and the he is now afraid she feels too, as he knows she might be. In that they are the same, and he will help her get through it.

All interpretation of your words of course, but I will admit that listening to the music you start these vignettes, and maybe in combination with often reading/hearing them when quite tired, they get to me emotionally. So either I am a softy (quite possible), or they, including this one, manage to invoke powerful emotions ^:)^

edit:
    Thinking a bit on it, I do wonder a bit why the interaction with Palps was there. It allows you to show an additional part of Fett's emotional bond to Nagina, but I am going to assume you need it for your wider Nagina story [face_mischief]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Darth Gangrenous: You writing this makes me utterly proud! Thank you! It was my second attempt to write Boba in a story and I was a bit nervous about getting him right.

DarthUncle: Beware of giving away too many plot bunnies! Even though you know about my sequel plans.

As for the music: This was exactly what I had hoped for. With the kindergarten kids I also listen to various types of music in the afternoon (usually between 2:00pm and 3:00pm). I want to make curious and inspire individuals with music.

And, for the record, you are no softie, hon. You are strong enough to survive all my ideas at the strangest times. And you have read and beta-ed the upcoming vignettes for the next weekends:

Title:“Bright star

Time frame: The story takes place about 16 days after the events of RotS (19 BBY).

Planet of choice: Chandrila

Summary: A little girl wakes up in the middle of the night. The night is too beautiful to fear it. But she has this nagging headache. Is her former kindergarten teacher Nagina sending out mental distress signals? Can Orson, the white dressed soldier downstairs, be blamed?

And also:

Title:“Master and servant, a Nagina vignette

Time frame: The story takes place 45 BBY.

Planet of choice: Naboo

Summary: A kiss is a harmless thing. Well, for most people that is. But a young Sith apprentice is not allowed to behave like a normal teenage boy. Members of his ancient order learned to fear that love will compromise the connection to the Dark Side of the Force.

And I am also happy that you help me to get to the end of Chapter 23 of my main Nagina story, which is not easy with Orson being who he is and Saw Gerrera with murderous intentions around.

But I swore myself to give Kahara time to be brilliant and not to update Chapter 18 before Saint Valentine´s Day. O:)

Rejoice though, with the situation at work being somewhat unrealistic for me and my co-workers writing keeps me sane. And the work with the kiddos itself, of course. [face_batting]

I already have 4 more ideas for vignettes! :D

6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I hope this update list is okay. If not please PM me about it! Right now it is:

Kahara

Darth Gangrenous

dARTh Uncle

earlybird-obi-wan

And because it is a sith story:

Darth_Furio

Here it is:

Title:“Master and servant, a Nagina vignette

Co-Author and editor: DarthUncle

Time frame: The story takes place about 45 BBY.

Planet of choice: Naboo

Summary: A kiss is a harmless thing. Well, for most people that is. But a young Sith apprentice is not allowed to behave like a normal teenage boy. Members of his ancient order learned to fear that love will compromise the connection to the Dark Side of the Force.

Disclaimer: SW is owned by George Lucas, Lucas Ltd. and now The Walt Disney Company

I'll protect you from the hooded claw
    Keep the vampires from your door

Feels like fire
    I'm so in love with you
    Dreams are like angels
    They keep bad at bay-bad at bay
    Love is the light
    Scaring darkness away-yeah

I'm so in love with you
    Purge the soul
    Make love your goal

-The power of love
    A force from above
    Cleaning my soul
    Flame on burn desire
    Love with tongues of fire
    Purge the soul
    Make love your goal

When the chips are down I'll be around
    With my undying, death-defying
    Love for you

Envy will hurt itself
    Let yourself be beautiful
    Sparkling love, flowers
    And pearls and pretty girls
    Love is like an energy
    Rushin' rushin' inside of me

This time we go sublime
    Lovers entwine-divine divine
    Love is danger, love is pleasure
    Love is pure-the only treasure

I'm so in love with you
    Purge the soul
    Make love your goal

The power of love
    A force from above
    Cleaning my soul
    The power of love
    A force from above
    A sky-scraping dove

Flame on burn desire
    Love with tongues of fire
    Purge the soul
    Make love your goal

An old Sith saying states, “We take what we desire because we can. We can because we have power. We have power because we are Sith.”

You have never desired Nagina before. As the niece of your master she is off-limits. You know your place. The training that you received until now already forged you into a weapon of the Sith. You are an instrument of revenge against the Jedi Order. That is your destiny.

Since you entered your teenage years, more discipline is required to keep you in check. Strange feelings reign you from time to time. Bewildering things happen to your body.

Recently, when your master had towered above you, the lash in his gloved hands, he had snorted,

“Choose someone as a successor and you will inevitably be succeeded.
    Choose someone hungrier and you will be devoured.
    Choose someone quicker and you won't dodge the blade at your back.
    Choose someone with more patience and you won't block the blade at your throat.
    Choose someone more devious and you'll hold the blade that kills you.
    Choose someone more clever and you'll never know your end.
    Despite these cautions, an apprentice is essential.
    A Master without an apprentice is a Master of nothing.”

Then he had called you bad names, giving you an even worse treatment than before.

Lying on the floor and covered in your own blood, you had sworn to yourself to choose wisely once you turn into a Sith master yourself. You want somebody clever, inventive as your apprentice. With wicked humour and vision. Not a mere puppet. You will reform the 'Rule of Two' into something better. It will be more than a master and servant system. Much more.

While Nagina goes on kissing you, and she needs to stand on tiptoe to reach your mouth, you gaze into her green-grey eyes. Nothing but honest love shines in them. That puzzles you profoundly. You never did anything to encourage such feelings.

Over the past few years she has been the only female face that you were allowed to gaze at occasionally. Your mother on far away Darthomir is but a vague blur at the edge of your consciousness. Her name is Talzin and she is a very powerful Night Sister. Sometimes you ask yourself if your mind is not playing tricks on you. That she is but a dream that you made up as a coping mechanism. It does not matter.

But Nagina's lips are real. And they are soft, pliant, searching.

This is a challenge that you have to answer. The warrior that you are will not be conquered by her natural sweetness this easily.

You wrap your arms around Nagina and kiss her back. But you are not gentle, you are hungry. Hungry for more, even though you know that you shouldn't. Your tongue surges forward like a lightsaber. Then you claim her mouth.

For a tiny heartbeat her eyes widen, but then she calms down again. And even better, she lets you assume control from her.

Having grown up under the tutelage of a powerful Sith, Nagina knows what is good for her. You want to be good for her. Astonishingly good.

One of your hands does not stay around her waist. It crawls up her belly like a little spider.

You like what you feel.

Curious, your fingers move further up. Towards even more forbidden territory. She does nothing to discourage you.

Triumph and relief flood you.

But then there is an obstacle.

History studies have taught you that Darth Bane had fallen in love with fellow Sith pupil Githany. But that did not stop him from doing what had to be done on the battle field of Ruusan. His lover had not been spared the thought bomb.

To feel Nagina so close to you, so intimately, makes you ask yourself dangerous questions. What if you had to kill her for your cause, would you do it? Could you let her face unspeakable horrors?

Notably, both the Jedi and Sith shun love. You know why that is. But now that you hold her, feel her and taste her, you are not sure that you can ever let go of her again.

“Insolent boy!” calls a harsh voice.

You both freeze.

“Nagina, step away from him!” your master demands, cold fury singing in his voice.

She reaches out to stroke your right cheek before interrupting your kiss. Her eyes are pools of despair. Then she severs your physical connection. “But Uncle Sheev...” she starts to protest.

“I thought we had an understanding,” he tells her, anger still simmering inside him. “That I never play with your toys and you are not to touch mine. What just happened here? Please enlighten me!”

She draws up her chin and, right in front of your eyes, alters into a different person altogether. A true princess of the Light Side of the Force. “Maul is not a toy,” she states regally. “He is a person with his own rights. One of them is dignity. Do not keep denying him that!”

His laughter echoes into every corner of the building. “You could have found a different way of telling me that you want to study law, Nagina!”

There is a shimmer of tears in her eyes, but she blinks them away. “We already have an advocate of evil in our family. I'd rather be a kindergarten teacher.”

Your master crooks his head. “If that is your calling, so be it.” He smiles a real smile, not one of his artificial ones. “But beware of your eagerness to root out evil right from the start. Not everyone comes into this world like a little ray of sunshine. Take this piece of scum, for example!”

Nagina does not feel it coming, even though she has been around him from birth on.

Wanting to make a good impression on her, you bite your teeth together when the first blast of Force lightening hits you.

Nagina yelps and rushes towards you, determined to get in the line of fire. For that you adore her even more than before. Such altruism is rare.

“This Zabrak was born by a woman so vile and devious that she offered him to me as a present,” your master says and moves his left wrist to suspend Nagina hanging in mid-air. “I love you, my darling girl, but I can do as I please with the things that belong to me. Neck and crop.”

She flails with her arms like a creature that attempts to swim away. “I am not a thing. Neither is he.”

An even more vicious blast hits you, making you convulse all over.

“You are life to me, Nagina.” You feel a touch of jealousy. She is more important than you are to the person that is your master. “But this bone pile on the floor is less than an implement. Less than a wiping cloth.”

“He is your dark acolyte.” For the first time ever you sense that Nagina is capable of profound anger. “You owe him respect and safety.”

You mentally prepare for the third strike of energy, but your master steps closer to his niece instead. He frames her face with both hands. “You can do whatever you wish to do in pre-school education. I want you to be happy. But never do interfere with my training methods again. Maul here will pay with his life the next time. Is that understood?”

She bites her lips, draws blood.

“Is that understood?” he repeats with surprising gentleness.

Nagina narrows her eyes like a tokken ready to claw his eyes out. But when she speaks, her voice is harsher than a winter storm on Hooth. “I see you decided to teach me two lessons today, Master.”

The words she just used are not her own. You recognize them as a quote from Darth Zannah, the disciple of Darth Bane.

“You have shown me the patience that you can dominate another being through cunning, and to bend it to your will, all while maintaining a sense of detachment.”

Astonished, your master carefully sets her down on the floor again.

“Detachment seems to be essential for you, Sheev.”

Normally, she tenderly addresses him as her uncle. Now she seems to have purposefully dropped that familiarity. Right in front of your eyes she has changed from a hopeful girl into a disillusioned young woman.

“I will return to Chandrila immediately, honouring this particular wish of yours to stay aloof and detached.”

He smirks. “Now you are plain silly, Nagina.”

“You will let me return to my foster family... now! Be the Sith lord that you need to be, but do not bother me with it any more!”

His features harden. “You still have eight weeks of summer vacations left. I wanted to...”

“Fry your loyal apprentice alive,” Nagina interrupts him. “Have fun then! I will not stay on to follow that drama until its bitter end. As you just said yourself, these are my vacations. Mine alone.”

With that she turns on her heels and strides off.

You never have seen your master speechless. He stands there with his mouth hanging wide open and a hurt look on his face.

It is only then that you realize why attachment is forbidden. Love is a harsh master. But you are grateful to Nagina for the valuable lesson. You will cherish it forever more. Like the kiss she has given you. It was worth all the pain.

Your master runs after his only living relative, his hands stretched out ahead of him. She will never stop running from him and he will pursue her, until death will part them. He is the Dark Side and she is the Light Side of the Force, combined in a never-ending quarrel.

You however will become something else when the right time has come. Something even more powerful than a Force bender. But for now you will play the role that has been assigned to you. You will be perfect at it. Nobody will stop you.

Sources:
    The song “The power of love” by Frankie goes to Hollywood (1984)

7. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    Ah, Maul. At the time of TPM, I thought he was somewhat cool, but really not that interesting. Later, while I hated the clone wars bringing beings back from the dead (see what I wrote abt. Fett ;) I had to admit that Clone Wars did at least make Darth Maul an interesting character. And then he showed up in Rebels, being at the same time pretty awesome, and quite a bad guy, but not in a simple Sith way. I am glad you provide some extra here for him. Of course tying him to Nagina, because while he was training, she must have been there. And yet, she adds to her mystery by once again showing she picked up quite a bit of Sith lore, while Maul shows he still is a baddie, but in a good way, by using his masters behaviour to learn some lessons about what the Sith are, and what works and what doesn't.

Love that he wants to do things different (though to be truthfull, that's quite Sithly; as far as I can see, none of the Sith actually follow their 'rules' as they all know better - typical!), but this time not so much in a Sithly way, but something more about partnership. Perhaps he wouldn't make the ultimately wrong teacher for Ezra Bridger then.

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for beta-ing my vignettes, DarthUncle!

Thanks for having introduced me to "Rebels" in the first place!

And about Sith lore, the "Rebel" series and Episode VIII show me that I must become more knowledgeable about dark Force users anyway. Schließlich führen ja viele Wege nach Rom, nicht wahr?

9. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
  10. The Ascendant

The Ascendant Jedi Knight

Apr 26, 2014
    This is a vast collection of talent you've assembled, Angel. I haven't had the pleasure of reviewing them all yet, but of those I have, I particularly enjoyed Wuthering Grass. I like the contrast of it. It reminds of how we often read about how in any genre Heroes will commit acts deemed dark or cruel in the name of the greater good, and yet everyone forgets that the Villains are capable of the doing the opposite of what they normally represent as well. Things such as compassion. Well done! =D=

DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You clapping at me is not only sweet, Darth Gangrenous. It actually means a lot.

The Ascendant: Thanks for taking the time to stop by and comment. This is really, really appreciated.

At present fan fic writing is more than a hobby for me. It is a necessary life line. So I am pleased to have a reader that writes a few lines once in a while.

As for the bad guys, as I said many times before as a kindergarten teacher I am trained to see at least 3 good things about every child I am working with. I also started doing that with grown-ups, also individuals that I do not like. In the introduction to Nagina´s main story I said about Sheev Palpatine:

... I do not fully agree what the Scottish actor Ian McDiarmid said about his character (Sheev) Palpatine (aka the Emperor) in an interview once:

"He has a black, irredeemable heart. There's nothing that can be said about him that's good. When we first saw Vader in the original trilogy, we thought he was the heart of darkness, and nobody could be darker. But now we understand what happened to him. And one of the exciting things about seeing this movie is that you can follow Vader through Anakin's journey every step of the way even if you don't agree with the choices he's making. In part his decisions stem from his traumatic childhood, and his impatient lust for power. And it's that which my character takes and then uses against him."

What has gotten into me that I say he really loves somebody with his dark, black heart?

Well, blame it on me watching President Snow in “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” movie recently. See, I like the relationship that he has with his grand-daughter.

Everybody has to love somebody. Like vampire Russell Edgington in the HBO series “True Blood”. Or like the Sir Guy of Gisbourne version in the BBC series “Robin Hood”...

Yes, you are right. Even a villain does something unselfish now and again. Mostly nobody does notice.

The Ascendant, Kahara and DarthUncle like this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Maul, I loved his demise in TPM but not his return.

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I think, dear @earlybird, that Mauly is a highly underestimated character and will change the future of the Sith order. Perhaps even for Episode VIII. Perhaps you like the next one more. Since it has Mara in it.

* runs to get a new battery for her mouse

Okay, here it is. I hope I do not overtax DarthUncle and Kahara by so many updates.

Or scare off The Ascendant and poor Darth Gangrenous.

Title:“Bright star, a Nagina vignette

Author:AzureAngel2

Co-Author and editor:@DarthUncle

Time frame:The story takes place about 16 days after the events of RotS (19 BBY).

Summary: A little girl wakes up in the middle of the night. The night is too beautiful to fear it. But she has this nagging headache. Is her former kindergarten teacher sending out mental distress signals? Can the white dressed soldier downstairs be blamed?

And all the light will be revealed
    And all the future prophecy
    And all the waves deceive the sea
    And on the road are you and me

Mmmhmmm, mmmhmmm...

And all the winds are like a kiss
    And all the years are nemesis
    And all the moments fall in mist
    And all is dust, remember this

Mmmhmmm, mmmhmmm...

And all the light will be, will be
    And all the waves deceive
    And all the light will be

And all the dust will drift away
    And all the nights and all the days
    And all the heavens go their way
    And only change is here to stay

Mmmhmmm, mmmhmmm...

And all the light will be, will be
    And all the waves deceive
    When all the light will be

And all the stars without a name
    And all the skies that look the same
    And all the clouds that fade and then
    Then all of this begins again

Mmmhmmm, mmmhmmm...

You wake up with a headache, uncomfortable and painful. It is pitch dark in your room. But you are not scared. Not in the least.

This is home now. A place where you are loved and cared for. Your new parents are called Gita and Chetan Anil. They are a very nice Naboo couple that chose to live here on Chandrila.

Your hand reaches out for the glass of water. It is right next to you on the night stand. Then you take a few sips. It is cool and refreshing, but at moments like this you miss Mom a bit.

You sigh.

Mom used to give you blue milk and stroke your head. It is not fair that she had to die on duty. At least you have the certainty that she is one with the Force.

Since her death you feel Mom all around you like a warm, cosy blanket. She is watching you with a billion eyes, blows you kisses through the wind. Her love is in each blade of grass that tickles you, in every drop of rain that falls on your skin.

There are still times where you wish for more, wish Mom to be alive again. But you know that the dark feeds the pain and the pain feeds the dark.

Nagina taught you that. She is your former kindergarten teacher. And because the Force is kind, you ended up with her former foster parents.

Holding on to your Master Yoda doll, which Mom made for you a few weeks before she died, you leave your bed.

The slippers are still where you left them: next to the night stand. They are warm and fluffy.

You walk towards the window, peaking outside through the curtains.

Back on Coruscant, your home planet, the night had always been painfully bright. Too many billboards had illuminated the city. The noise of the air traffic had also disturbed your sleep. It had been like the humming of a giant insect, never resting.

You flatten your nose against the window.

Here on Chandrila, even though it is one of the Core Worlds, you can hear the crickets at night-time. They live in the balm grass. You like to listen to them because they do it in perfect harmony.

Besides, you love green. It is your favourite colour. And it happens to be the colour of your eyes. This is why Uncle Sheev calls you Mara Jade. He explained to you that a jade stone is a very special stone, a gem. In a similar way as he loves Nagina, who is his niece.

What you fail to understand is why he asked one of his soldiers to babysit Nagina. She is old enough to take care of herself. He should know her better, trust her to make her own decisions.

You turn away from the window.

There is no way to cut your special connection with Nagina, who sends out a lot of distress signals. You are probably the only one who can hear her through the Force. Loud and clear. She does not do this on purpose though. But she feels utterly helpless these days. Her life seems not to be her own any more. And all her attempts to save the galaxy seem doomed as well.

You snuffle, lacking of a handkerchief.

The white dressed soldier downstairs, he is to blame. His name is Orson. He is not a nice person. Only power and praise interest him. He seems to be lacking both. This is why he made a deal with Uncle Sheev about Nagina.

Sometimes grown-ups seem to be so busy with themselves that they fail to see that things do not work.

You decide to go downstairs and tell Orson exactly that.

Nagina deserves better than him.

The others, your four new foster siblings, do not like him either. And they are not even Force-sensitive. They know Orson for what he is. During the Clone Wars they experienced a lot of bad men like him. Looting, death squads, eviction, violence – they saw it all.

Normally, you stay out of other people's head. A while ago Nagina has taught you that not doing so is impolite. And you believe her, because she is always right. But she is bad at being there for herself. She even finds excuses for Orson. All the time.

At the door to the living-room you hesitate.

It is very late for little girls like you, but you need to be there for Nagina. You must hug her, touch her.

You knock and are asked in immediately.

Everybody smiles, even Orson. But his eyes, his cold eyes do not mirror that smile.

Fearless, you march up to Nagina and sit down on her lap. Orson dislikes that quite a lot. Sharing her is an obstacle for him. He cannot see that she is a bright star for a lot of people. Her light is not meant for him alone.

Sources:
    The song “The humming” by Enya (2015)

14. The Ascendant

The Ascendant Jedi Knight

Apr 26, 2014
    Interesting entry, Angel. I again find myself feeling for another of your characters, in this case, Nagina. She feels trapped. Not by shackle, though you could surmise she is a hostage of a different sort. She tries to be there for others such as the foster kids, and even those who are undeserving of her kindness and love, like Orson, but can't see to translate that strength into finding ways to better her situation, as seen in her thoughts when they project through the Force. I find the ending somewhat bittersweet. While the show of support is encouraging, I can't see Orson allowing change. I would, however, like to believe, or rather hope, it will give Nagina the reason she needs to enact change.

DarthUncle and Kahara like this.
  15. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Lovely to see Mara's POV on Nagina and Orson both. :) Since she's not as determined to constantly find the one silver lining in every person, she's probably more accurate than Nagina when it comes to Orson's character. Poor kid, it's kind of grim to imagine that she grows up to have so little memory of her early life. :( Nagina would be heartbroken to see how she ended up so thoroughly manipulated -- at least until somewhat later.

I really like how we're getting to see pieces of your OC's life through the people who have known her; it adds even more depth to the main storyline.

DarthUncle likes this.
  16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The Ascendant: You are a good judge of the situation that Nagina is in. The story of her life is indeed bittersweet, but things are not easy when you have a Sith lord in your family.

Orson is also a complicated character as can be seen in my current update about their common trip to Scarif.

Kahara = I am not sure about my plans for Mara yet. Do I walk down the EU road or will I come up with a new solution for her? This is perhaps why I posted my story in legends. Not only there are some legend character cameos here and there.

earlybird-obi-wan: I hope you noticed the last update, because here is the next:

Series:“Tyrian purple”, a vignette collection concerning Palpatine's niece (my OC)

Title:“Impossible girl, a Nagina vignette

Time frame:The story takes place about 15 days after RotS (19 BBY).

Planet of choice: Coruscant

Summary: To be the Grand Vizier of the Empire is not an easy task. What makes it even more difficult is when private matters mix with state affairs. Sheev Palpatine is notorious doing that.

I’d crawl through the desert on my hands and knees
    Rehearsin’ my pretty please
    Climb the highest mountain
    If I were sorry

Shout it from the top
    Swim under water until my lungs exploded
    Walk into the fire
    If I were sorry

I’d run a thousand miles
    Wouldn’t stop until I dropped
    Wouldn’t take a break to breathe until I got close
    Enough

Then I’d do it all again
    If I really had the chance
    But I know deep inside for you it’s just another
    dance

If I were sorry
    I’d give you all the glory
    if I were sorry

If I were sorry
    it would be a different story

If I were sorry
    if I were sorry oh

I’d hold my breath till my face turned blue
    I’d rob a bank and the post office too
    Swim across the ocean
    If I were sorry

I’d take a vow of silence
    I wouldn’t say a single word
    Until you really heard
    If I were sorry

I’d run a thousand miles
    Wouldn’t stop until I dropped
    Wouldn’t take the break to breathe
    Until I got close enough

If I were sorry
    I’d give you all the glory
    if I were sorry

If I were sorry
    it would be a different story
    if I were sorry oh

Now did you ever realise
    that your mistake had a prize
    oh you threw it all away
    ’cause you’re the devil in disguise

Now would you ever realise
    the consequences of your lies
    and would you save the falling tear or act as if
    there’s nothing there

If I were sorry
    if I were sorry

If I were sorry
    if I were sorry

If I were sorry
    I’d take a vow of silence

I wouldn’t say a single word
    if I were sorry

If I were sorry
    I’d be on my hands and knees
    beggin pretty please
    if I were sorry
    but I’m not sorry, no

Just to be on the safe side, you use another drop of aftershave. The Dark Side of the Force is glorious. Of course it is. There is no doubt about that. But you cannot help to notice that your old kindergarten pal is on the smelly side. Ever since the incident with Mace Windu to be exactly. Sheev still does not wish to reveal what has occurred, you can hazard a guess though. Force lightening that backfired.

You check yourself carefully in the mirror, throw yourself a kiss. Looking good is essential at the newly founded Imperial Court.

“Finished in there?” Sheev snarls from the outside.

You unlock the door, ready to face him. “Is Sly gone?”

He rolls his yellow eyes at you. “Since when is the cat afraid of the canary?”

You would like to point out that you were more disturbed about the scene that you walked into. It is wildly rumoured that they have an affair, but you never expected something crude and primal like this. Fleeing into the bathroom was your first reaction, even though it was the wrong direction.

“Why are you here anyway?” Sheev wants to know, his eyes hooded. “I did not call for you, did I?”

It is the first breach ever that you allowed yourself. Therefore you hope that he will show mercy, perhaps even the grace to forget about your rude interruption.

“Why?” he repeats, looking at you expectantly.

“Jedha,” you manage to say.

Sheev taps his index finger against his chin several times. Then he says with a raspy voice, “Remind me again, what are your tasks as Grand Vizier?”

You can oblige him immediately. “I am responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations of the Empire and the Imperial Bureaucracy.”

“Ah!” he exclaims, his face a pantomime of astonishment. Then the corners of his mouth drop. “And how does that put Nagina on your radar? Of course she is your godchild, but this is a private matter.”

You try to smooth things out a bit. That is part of your job description, too. “She is a danger to the system.”

Suddenly, Sheev links his arms with yours and walks towards his office next door. “Even back in kindergarten you were a slow learner, my dear Sate.”

He created a new background for you: Ciutric IV as your birth planet. There was also a new family name for you in stock. You only were able to pick out a new birth name for yourself. And you went for your nickname. The one Sheev gave you back in Naboo kindergarten days.

You always loved saté, the self-made peanut butter of your mother Calvé Dutch. It was rich and creamy, yet containing big chunks of nut.

The door to the office opens and he lets go of you. In his bedroom he was Sheev to you. Now as he sits down on his leather chair, he once again becomes the Emperor, your one and only master.

Not for the first time you ask yourself if you are really any better than Sly Moore. You only kiss his feet in a different way than she does.

He leans back, his claw-like hands scratching over the armrests. The sound is dreadful. “Nagina wanted to see Jedha. It is her forty-first birthday soon. I had to allow her this little pilgrimage.”

You gasp for breath. “This impossible girl managed to turn the moon into a war zone in no time.”

Sheev tuts. “Be precise! Gerrera is after Orson and his secrets. My niece just got in the line of fire, which is very unfortunate.”

This happens with all dictators sooner or later. They have a different view on reality and therefore make everybody life in a post-factual society.

You make a last attempt to reason with him. “The entire uproar is due to her spilling secrets about the return of the Sith.”

He jerks forward with the speed of a snake. “I do not care what gossip the locals share. Nagina got hurt. And I swore to protect her from any harm.”

This proves to you that you lost him. He will not listen. This is a family matter to him now. Not state business. Arguing is pointless.

“Send my loyal troops to Jedha. Make sure she can finish her pilgrimage in peace.”

You cannot shake your head in front of him. Perhaps later on in your own quarters. “As you wish, my Emperor!”

“You may leave now!”

And just like this, you are dismissed.

Wordlessly you turn around.

The Red Guards do not move an inch when you pass them outside.

For a simple kindergarten teacher Nagina causes a lot of trouble all the time. But you cannot move against her. She is the apple of his eye.

Usually, Sheev is rough with children. He was more than cruel to Sly Moore. Maul had to break her in for many months. She was held captive in ancient Sith tomb somewhere in the Cron Drift.

You produce an angry snort.

Nagina is spoiled senseless. Throughout her life he took her on special outings all over the galaxy: watching Podracing on Malastare, reading books on Ossus, swimming on the beaches of Scarif, enjoying beautiful flowers on Felucia, hiking on Serenno, visiting museums and the Galaxies Opera House on Coruscant. And most of the time he was in disguise for her.

You know that Sheev enjoys the normality that her presence gives. With her he plays at being a normal, private person, not a pretender. And she loves him the way he is. Even with all the darkness inside him. It is all very sappy, and you hate it.

You have reached your own quarters now. There you lean against a wall, take careful and slow breaths.

It is better for you if Nagina stays alive and is well, despite her latest rebellious activities. But you dare not to contact Krennic directly. Since you tried to help out in the annoying Organa affair you are watched by the newly formed ISB. Which is outrageous, but better than being fried with Force lightening.

You repress a shudder.

No, you will not mention the Nagina matter again. Time itself will mend things for a troublemaker like her. Best to let the waves pass you by.

Sources:
    The song “If I were sorry” by Frans (2016)

Darth Gangrenous and Kahara like this.
  17. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005

True, Mara Jade the Emperor's Hand is now part of Legends, so you do have an option to give her a more satisfying way to get through the time of the Empire (and maybe less painful an end since the 'vong' are gone too - in my mind at least, I won't miss them!).

I loved your attempt at showing a bit of Sate Pestage or what's his name; great way to give them sort of a boarding school roommate bonding, with the acceptance of sometimes very odd behaviour that comes with, and how to deal with that. Not with much integrity, but indeed some sort of pride in a job evilly well done.

Kahara likes this.
  18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    DarthUncle: Once more very observant of you, husband mine. They went to kindergarten together in my story and therefore know each other since ages. And did you write "evilly" on purpose? ;)

Kahara and DarthUncle like this.
  19. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
  20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Darth Gangrenous: Thanks for your "picturesque" comments. They are cute, come straight from the heart and they are very appreciated. Especially at present, where my life seems upside down due to the unreal work situation. Sometimes not many words are needed. Just gestures like this matter. It shows that people really care for my vignettes.

earlybird-obi-wan: I wonder if you are too busy to read vignettes. :p

Title:“Bloodline, a Nagina vignette

Time frame: The story takes place 45 BBY.

Summary: A former child soldier wonders about the well-being of his younger foster sister. When he finally talks to her about her sorrows, he hears that the Sith are back. Which is bad news.

This is that morning

It's waiting for you
    The face of destiny
    Standing before you
    This is zero hour, now is for you
    Can you feel that power inside of you?
    This priceless moment
    In your possession
    Answers to mysteries
    Stand in succession
    This is zero hour and there's no way back
    Can you feel that power? In its arms you're wrapped
    All through the night-time
    'Til the sun comes in
    Now Heaven's open
    Just fly right in
    Now you stand in that garden
    This is that vision
    Out on the world's edge
    It's your baptism
    This is zero hour and your hands are free
    Can you feel that power? It's ecstasy!
    'Til the sun comes in
    Now Heaven's open
    Fly right in
    Waiting for night-time
    'Til the sun comes in
    Let the blue sky in

Heaven's open

The sun comes in

Heaven's open

Let that blue sky in!
    You know, sun comes in
    Now, heaven's open
    Fly right in

You are not blind to the needs of your younger foster sister. And what she does not need are family calls by Sheev Palpatine. Of course it is classified that they share a bloodline, but you are not to be fooled. Neither by Mama Gita and certainly not by Papa Chetan.

The way that the Supreme Chancellor deals with Nagina says it all. He treats her like an oppressive father figure would, needing her with the greed of a sibling. You figured out that he is at the least her uncle.

For a while you asked yourself if he touched her inappropriately in any way. But than you considered if that was the case your fosters would not let him anywhere near her, influential politician or not. Both can be very fierce when fighting for the rights of their protégées. They would have gotten a restraining order for him by now.

Then you started wondering if it was a sort of mental abuse, even though Nagina is not the person who would let that happen without any comment. To be sweet and unassuming is a camouflage. She can have really deep thoughts even though she seldom shares them. As if she does not dare.

So you use the only weapon that you can think of: honesty.

She is an extremely bad liar. Her face mirrors her feelings. Only in great emotional emergencies can she bend the truth. You saw that happening once and you did not like that. But you understood.

This afternoon she is at the fish pond, her hands are in the water and she fondles the fish. They really let her do that!

You saunter up to her and say straight out, “The Force is strong in your family, is it not?”

She flushes deep red. “Oh, you know.”

Patronizing you pat her head. “You have those weird skills with animals and plants.” You scan her thoroughly. “But you are not a Jedi. You never could be. There is too much love inside you and you bond with people all too easily.”

Nagina sighs. “I try just to be me.”

“Which works perfectly well.” Your winning smile fades and you try to look more serious. “But since you came back from your uncle this last time, there is something deeply amiss with you.”

She hangs her head, her hands lying in her lap. “Is it that obvious?”

“If I was Force-sensitive, you would give me a headache, I think. But this way I can only play guessing games. And those lead me to dangerous conclusions about Sheev Palpatine and you.”

In shock her eyes are even more beautiful. “It's not... that!”

You move closer to her. “Then tell me, Nagina! I need to understand before I can really help you.”

“Nobody can help me with my uncle.”

Her determination makes your throat dense. “How bad is it?”

She gnarls on her underlip and you wish she would stop doing this. After a while she breathes, “Have you ever heard about the Sith?”

You have imagined a lot of things, but never such a confession. “Is he a fan boy?”

She wrinkles her nose in that cute way that you love so much. “More their Grand Master,” she says.

You consider that valuable information. “How many are there?”

“Just two.” She looks at her slender hands that seem to lack colour altogether out of a sudden. “This is the first and only reality of their order.”

“Reality,” you smirk. “The reality of a dictator can lead to post-factual politics. Been there myself. As one of the subjects.”

You can see that your ugly tone has startled Nagina, but you cannot help being bitter. Too much happened in your own past. Sometimes you feel older than just sixteen.

You have grown up on a planet torn by civil war until you were ripped from your commando unit. There had been a lady from the senate and she had made a big row about the protection of child soldiers. Instead of ending up in a grown-up prison you had been brought to Chandrila.

Nagina, always on the suicidal side of life, had won you over in no time. You, who has grown up with severe trust issues, had been able to let her in. Her laughter, that usually wobbles through her entire body, is contagious.

You take her by the shoulders, draw her so close that your noses touch. “Is your uncle responsible for the civil war on Pendarr III?”

There is no backing away. She is brave and looks you straight in the eyes. “I have lost track of the full list of his crimes a while ago. There are too many of them. Of late, he has a lot of dealings with the Trade Federation, the Commerce Guild and, believe it or not, the InterGalactic Banking Clan.

You nod to yourself, your brain analysing the incoming facts. “These are the ingredients for a galactic wide civil war, if you ask me. Corporate entities could become more powerful than the Republic. There will be social injustice and exploitation.”

“Dravits?” Nagina asks, her voice speaking your birth name as soft as a single raindrop landing on grass.

Her hand is so fragile in yours. You could break her bones at any time. But you won't. She deserves better from you as a foster brother. “Thank you for telling me all those things! I really appreciate that.”

Free will is such a unique gift and Nagina shares so much with the universe all the time. In the years to come she surely will remain a constant sting in her uncle's side. Another reason to leave her be.

“If I would not have told you...” her gaze is careful.

You lead her hand to your mouth and kiss it. “Do not fuss! You are safe from me. Must be that special Sith magic that you work on me constantly!”

She pales.

The hug you give her is but a weak excuse. “That was a joke. A crude one. Forgive me!”

Of course Nagina says that she does. Love is the only answer that she is able to give anybody. When the time has come you will fight for people like her. You may sometimes have to be worse than the enemy, but the price of your soul is meaningless while there is an entire galaxy to safe. Who is Dravits Draven after all?

Sources:
    The song Heaven's Open” by Mike Oldfield (1991)

DarthUncle: Thanks for helping me with these vignettes and caring!

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    And because I am not sure what happens next weekend and if I can be really on-line after upcoming Wednesday, I dare to share another story.

DarthUncle: You also made this vignette here possible.

earlybird-obi-wan: If you do not like to be tagged, gewoon zeggen. Ik weet dat je heel bezig bent met je nieuwe plek. Maar ik dat zo´n link zal je misschien heel blij maken.

Kahara: I have a most challenging, difficult week behind me. The next one is going to be even tougher in many ways. Therefore I hope you are much, much better than I am at the present and that you have time for some fun reading of stuff you did not need to beta yourself.

A Blind Prophet: Here it is finally, the fic I send you via PM some time ago. I just decided to post it. And did not ask anybody else apart from my husband.

And now I better stop tagging and just go for it:

Title: “A night out”, a Nagina vignette

Co-Author and editor:
    @DarthUncle

Time frame: The story takes place about 2 weeks before RotS (19 BBY).

Planet of choice: Coruscant

Summary: A club visit does not go as planned for a one eyed officer. He is fairly often on secret missions for his boss, Director Krennic. Normally, they have a decent working relationship. Tonight, things are awkward between them.

This is one of the best night clubs in the Lower Levels of Coruscant and you can see why that is.

The human singer on the stage is a genius. Initially, you thought this was just going to be another boring guitar song. Now his lyrics blow you away.

She work it girl, she work the pole
    She break it down, she take it low
    She's fine as hell, she's about the dough
    Doin' her thing right on the floor”

You cannot help to notice that his brown eyes are not fixed on his instrument. They rest on the pole dancer in front of you. This Twi'lek baby is freaking hot. The way she moves around is pure art. Your own sister, who is a classically trained ballet dancer, does not posses an inch of the grace you are allowed to see here.

And money money she's makin'
    Look at the way she's shakin'
    Make you wanna touch her, wanna taste her
    Have you lustin' for her
    Goin' crazy, face it”

Elbow flag to flag. Transition up the Pole.

She's so much more than you're used to
    Knows just how to move, seduce you
    She gon' do the right thing, touch the right spot
    Dance in ...

You take a sip from your Corellian whiskey, your mind wandering off from the lyrics of the song text.

The green skinned lady moves effortlessly through her performance. One pose flawlessly leads to the next.

Running to front attitude. Front attitude to hip lock.

You hope you can invite her into your booth later on. Lekku always fascinated you. You wonder how they feel. If they tremble at a mere touch.

For the first time ever you pray that Krennic is not on time. Even though it was him who suggested this place. He had praised the music a lot, saying nothing about the females who work here as well. That is just typical of him.

In his wild days, long before his academical career in the army and being the driving force of 'Project Celestial Power', he had been the lead singer in a provincial band.

Thinking of the devil seems to have summoned him from the depths of space. Dressed like a normal Coruscanti on a night out, Krennic saunters towards you. He and the singer obviously know each other for they exchange a happy grin. Then he gazes at you no real haste in his movements.

“Matese,” he greets you with a curt nod.

“Boss.”

Facing you, Krennic sits down in the booth. Which blocks your view of the dancer. A real shame! As if the loss of an eye in service is not bad enough. Life seldom has such goodies for you as the Twi'lek.

“We need to talk. About work!” he announces.

“Ahetnigac!” cheers a woman's voice nearby. “Milow!”

This is the first time ever that you see your boss pale. “This can't be!” he whispers, his blue eyes widened in shock.

You try to spot the woman who made him lose his countenance. It takes you some heartbeats to achieve your goal. Then you notice her: a middle-aged fat-ass, standing in the entrance area. She beams at the singer and the dancer like an idiot, holding a basket in her hands. Both smile back at her, but at least are professional enough to end their performances.

“No, no, no,” mutters Krennic to himself. “Not like this. Not like this!”

“Are you okay, boss?” you ask.

He looks pale, tucks at his collar. “I imagined it to be different. This is the wrong place, the wrong time.”

Suddenly, you are worried for Krennic. He seems to have a history with this plain bantha cow. You would have expected him to have a better taste. He is famous for his nocturnal carousing. Perhaps she is a sad mistake that he made once. Alcohol can do that to a man.

The music ends and suddenly, there is a shift change at your pole. A Rhodian with her ghastly pop eyes takes the place of your cute Twi'lek.

“Dang!” you curse as you watch the dancer join the singer. They both lead the fat woman into a nearby booth.

There is much hugging and kissing. But not with you.

Then the doughnut face lady unpacks sandwiches and two Thermos flaks with four cups.

Carefully, Krennic turns around. “Of course,” he says more to himself than to you. “You are never alone in this cold, dark universe!”

Out of a sudden, you see somebody appear on the scene that you know well. His false beard cannot mislead you. It is Berch Teller, a captain of Republic Intelligence. He hugs everybody, but mostly the mountain, who has tears of joy in her eyes. Everybody is laughing.

Your boss gets up and hurries towards the exit.

Determined, you follow him.

Outside, he leans against a wall.

“Is she an ex of yours?” you probe.

“What?” snaps Krennic, staring at you wild eyed.

“I am sorry...” you start.

“You better be.” He snorts into his sleeve. “Nobody insults my Ina.”

You decide to keep your mouth shut. It is the best option that you have. Krennic is damned fast with his weapon and a good shoot.

He looks up into the urban canyons of Coruscant. Then he says, his voice heavy, “Forget about Galen and his family for tonight! I want you to find out where Ina lives and what she is up to at present.”

An order is an order. “What is her full name?”

“Nagina.” He says it with the reverence of a prayer. “Her fosters are Gita and Chetan Anil. I never asked about her real heritage.”

It seems unlikely that this Nagina would manage to give you a date with her hot Twi'lek foster sister. At least you learned something new about Krennic. He has a weakness.

Sources:
    The song “Ayo Technology (She Wants It)” by Milow (2008)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  22. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    This character is a slime, I think. But still probably less disturbing than Orson Krennic. I'd almost feel sorry for him missing his views, but if he can by a misogynist, then he also can deal with not getting any thanks to our lovely Nagina. Also, may I say it is very Nagina like to be friends with the women in this club, and visit them (with permission from the boss, somehow) for a nice bit of refreshements and time off :)

Kahara likes this.
  23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    DarthUncle, sorry for being overexcited. But it is always nice to have a reader. This is better than extreme binging with you, my darling. (I only say "Penny Dreadful, Season 2".) As for Nagina going places: her uncle Sheev used to drag her along for cover now and then. Via him she learned the power of... networking. Therefore Orson will be surprised in Chapter 23 what happens when Nagina´s little army comes for her rescue. But I will not spoiler you!

Kahara and DarthUncle like this.
  24. DarthUncle

Mar 20, 2005
    I first read that as 'army of clones' AzureAngel2, heh, but that would be odd, because Nagina would quickly make the clones see the uniqueness that she finds in every one of them :)

Kahara likes this.
  25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    DarthUncle: [face_rofl]You being so awfully nice to me and "such fun" (in Merinda Hart voice) might even persuade me to turn the volume of my "Gruselkabinett" CD a bit lower. Even though you like Hans-Georg Panzcak & Ekkard Belle as well. But you were never the audio plays and audio books type of person.

Thanks, Mr. Bennett, for taking care of my poor nerves and being not only the test reader for my scribblings. But to beta-edit them, too.

DarthUncle and Kahara like this.