main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 The Last Jedi panel..Friday 4/14

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by star_wars_is_good, Feb 15, 2017.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
  2. KyloSpence

KyloSpence Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2016
  3. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Awesome news! adjusting my plans for my nightly stay in line plan from Wednesday night to after the Carrie thing on Thursday, unless they announce the time to be afternoon, in which case I'll get some sleep at the hotel and head out early morning for the line (Please please please do wristbands)

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    For real. I know my wife and kid are probably not going to want to wait in line all night but I am. So if anyone wants to meet up and do the wait in line thing. I am your man.

5. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    That means that I can actually get some sleep on Wed. in stead of standing in line all night I can get there at 6-7am so I can get into the Celebration Store and buy stuff before it all sells out.

Rox and Padme501st like this.
  6. NickCapp

NickCapp Jedi Master

Oct 5, 2002
    What is it going to take to get into this panel? Should I prepare to camp out from Thursday evening on?

7. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    You can probably wait until the middle of the night if you just want in.

8. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    If it's in the morning, judging from Celebration Anaheim's line for Ep.7, no later than 4:30 for the main stage. Otherwise you are pushing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Echosen

Echosen Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    I may be the only one riding this ship on not wanting to know anything about The Last Jedi, until i see it in December.​

10. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    In Anaheim the cut off was around 07:00. I missed it with less than 10 people and I arrived around 07:30.

That said; I have a feeling that they really want to turn overnight queues into events themselves so it's going to be hyped a lot, so people will arrive earlier and earlier.

Skickat från min GT-I9515 via Tapatalk

Padme501st likes this.
  11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    If the main stage is in Chapin, that place only holds about 2,600, which is a lot less than Anaheim, so keep that in mind. Hopefully they convert one of the exhibition halls into the main stage with a higher capacity.

12. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006

It depends on how good of a seat you want. Do you want to be at the Main Stage or would an overflow room suit you? If you want to be at the Main Stage then you will have to get there very early. If not then you could arrive at any time and get a spot.

13. NickCapp

NickCapp Jedi Master

Oct 5, 2002
    Converting one of the halls for one massive stage would be a great idea. I don't even care to get a close seat, just want to get in....but with only 2,600 capacity, that is going to be borderline impossible for me with a 7 year old. I give you campers credit. That is no easy task!

14. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I talked to my wife last night about the overnight line and she said go for it and that her and my son would just meet up with me afterwards. So game on I guess.

Padme501st likes this.
  15. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    The ballroom is twice the size of the theater and would be able to fit significantly more people. It still wouldn't be as big as the theater in Anaheim (one of the saving graces of the Anaheim convention center) but it'd be better than just the 2,600 seats in the theater.

I really hope Disney plans this event out properly. 2,600 seats might have been fine before Celebration Anaheim, but the event has grown so much that there's just no way that'll be acceptable now.

16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Hopefully everyone on this board that wants in, gets in. I think they released the floor plan last year about a month out, so we're probably a few weeks away from knowing for sure where it is.

17. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    You do realize that the Main stage is not going to be the only place to see the TLJ panel. There will be overflow rooms that will be showing the panel. There is a very good chance the majority of people will get to see it.

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Of course, but there's a difference in seeing it live vs watching a video feed.

I watched the TFA and RO panels from the comfort of my own home, but nothing will beat being there.

Alison Organa likes this.
  19. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Wasn't there some exclusive footage shown only to the people at the main stage, but it was cut off from the feed?

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    For Rogue One, yes.

21. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
    Celebration newbie here, have a question about this --

I understand the event organizers are doing the "wristband system" that they used previously at SWCE last year and (I think) at SWCA in 2015. How does this change the overnight plan (if at all)? I thought I'd heard some SW podcasters either tweet or say on their podcasts that the wristbands mean you can show up at a decent hour (say 6am or 7am) on the day of the panel and still get into the main event hall.

Agree/disagree?

22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They haven't announced the procedure yet, so it's too early to say.

If the panel is in the morning at like 10 am, then when you line up will have an effect on how good of a seat you get. If it's later in the day, then you just need to be in the first how ever many the capacity is to get a wristband and then line up again to get a decent seat (unless they number the wristbands).

Whatever the system is, you probably don't need to camp out all night to get in, but you'll probably want to be in line by 5 am or so to feel safe.

Xinau likes this.
  23. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    At that point I can just find a nice spot on the show floor and live stream it via their YouTube channel (or go to another panel that is running at the same time). Being in the room and watching it in an overflow room are two very different experiences.

The Rogue One footage was different in that they didn't live stream that panel at all. They showed the Star Wars Shakespeare reading that was at the digital stage instead. Every panel that they live streamed they did so without cutting anything.

24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They certainly live streamed the Rogue One panel online. I watched it. The only part they cut was the special footage at the end.

25. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I watched that panel from my living room. They just cut it short of showing the good stuff.

edit: this is post 12345 for me :D