main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit One Canon - Merging Legends and the New Canon - TFA spoilers, very much so

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 8, 2016.

1. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    What about the time that Dorsk 81 along with 15 other jedi force pushed 17 star destroyers to the otherside of the galaxy? Yep, that was insane

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    As soon as Empire's End is in my fingertips (and assuming it has not killed me) and I can put up the full bookcase, your wish shall be granted.

Edit: vong333; it was the edge of the solar system. Hardly ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Other side of the star system (estimated weeks journey at slower than light speeds).

I was more impressed by Brakiss's manipulating ejected star matter from the entire Denaari Nova to form patterns and shapes - just as a demonstration of how "size matters not" for his student Zekk, in YJK: Lightsabers:

4. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Still far fetched guys.

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Not really, as it involved:
    • A Sith amplifying device, with precedent for such devices having destroyed stars
    • Every Jedi focusing on it
    • It killed Dorsk in the process
    Hardly replicable or easily done, nor after seeing the outcome - ie. deep crispy fried user - desirable either.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    lolwut

Anyways, I'm curious to see how yours looks compared to my own. I too will post, once my latest comic purchases arrive :D

Sinrebirth likes this.
  7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I'm reading Aftermath: Empire's End and given the hints through the book and in the first two parts of Aftermath, I'm wondering...

if Snoke will turn out to be NuCanon Abeloth or something similar.

Vthuil, Jedi Ben and Force Smuggler like this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It feels very Rakatan Mother which called for Seer...

PCCViking likes this.
  9. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    These Snoke theories have become increasingly boring and tiresome. IMHO. I'm sure will find out by the end of TLJ.

So Sinrebirth where does the Hapes Consortium and Prince Isolder fit in your schema?

Daneira likes this.
  10. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I'm still reading it, but I noticed...

a certain bounty hunter has joined the fray: Dengar. I would imagine his involvement in the Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy remains the same, but then convinces Fett to leave behind his armor in order to lay low. Then he gets involved in the hunt for Jas. The timing would be right since part of the BWS trilogy takes place during ROTJ, and Aftermath takes place afterwards.

SWpants likes this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Exactly so. His whereabouts until Dark Empire are not charted.

SWpants and PCCViking like this.
  12. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Sinrebirth I fulfill my promise!

[​IMG]

One Canon to rule the- oh whoops, wrong franchise :p

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    You're hired! I shall post mine up this week

Darkslayer likes this.
  14. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Darkslayer

Excellent picture, but I have a slight quibble. Catalyst should be before Lords of the Sith and Tarkin, since it begins during the Clone Wars and ends during or before LOTS and Tarkin? Would that be correct, Sinrebirth?

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_rofl]

Don't know why I found that so funny lol.

Great, can't wait to see!
    I have Catalyst in that particular spot because of its endpoint. I think of the book as a prologue to Rogue One so right before the on-screen confrontation between Krennic, Galen, and Lyra seemed a good place to put it.

I'm going to add more stuff to that section in the future. My order at the end will look like this:

- Catalyst
    - Rebel Rising
    - Thrawn
    - Rebels
    - The Force Unleashed
    - The Force Unleashed II
    - Lando
    - Rogue One
    - A New Hope

Edit: After writing all that, I just remembered the timeskip in Rogue One. In that case, you are correct lol. So, it will go (for me at least):

- Catalyst
    - Lords of the Sith
    - Tarkin
    - Rebel Rising
    - Thrawn
    - Rebels
    - The Force Unleashed
    - The Force Unleashed II
    - Lando
    - Rogue One
    - A New Hope

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This is 4 to 7 ABY, for everyone's viewing pleasure.

I have a nice and detailed summary of the full shelf, including references and retcons, but I'm giving more people chance to read Empire's End for now.

17. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    So you have the New Republic invasion of Coruscant in 7 ABY taking place before the Battle of Jakku in 5 ABY?

PCCViking and Sinrebirth like this.
  18. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    Interesting place you have Shadows of Mindor. I can actually picture that taking place concurrently with the Aftermath Trilogy (same year). Some interpretation will be needed to include Han, Leia and Wedge, of course.

As for Lando's involvement in SoM in the One Canon verse, I would think:

Shadows of Mindor would take place during Life Debt, because Empire's End has Lando returning to Cloud City at that point. He helps Luke and the NR take down Cronal, then returns to Cloud City with Lobot.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Yup.

As the war is supposed to be over by the time Coruscant falls, I took a Clone Wars retcon view and treat everything between Endor and Krytos Trap as being placed between 4 and 5 ABY. It also cuts at the timeline a chunk, which works wonders later on as we can't have Bloodline halfway through the Yuuzhan Vong War.

I similarly take the view that Coruscant never completely fell until the Palpatine Counter Insurgency Front was uprooted. There is a ten day gap where the New Republic and the Front are more or less at open warfare stage after the Lusankya emerges before Wedge abandons the New Republic.

Yes, the fleet is driven off, but the Empire is not completely uprooted. Similarly Iceheart's rein represents a period of stability for the Empire while Sloane is hunted.

Even in Legends the New Republic didn't settle on Coruscant until just before the Thrawn Trilogy. So the Senate can merrily settle on Nakadia, while the Provisional Council settles on Coruscant, especially with Mon Mothma out of favour. We can take it that the Imperial Palace is not fully captured, especially when Mas Amedda has no idea what is happening on Coruscant, but clearly can tell the Empire is struggling.

PCCViking.

Cloud City passes back and forth between New Republic and Imperial hands in Legends. The Empire holds onto a foothold even when Lando takes it back, and then Thrawn takes it back. Then it is abandoned. Then the Empire Reborn re-occupies it. And so forth. So I treat Bespin as a world which passed into and out of Imperial control in-spite of the blockade.

Similarly, Wedge is using a cane until the end of Life Debt so he might struggle at Shadows of Mindor.

Force Smuggler and PCCViking like this.
  20. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Ya I'm not opening those spoilers :p

Sinrebirth Why do you have Rise of the Empire between ROTJ and Aftermath?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh I place my books at the absolute latest point. So the last point it covers is the end of the Battle of Endor, for example.

Darkslayer, avoid like sin.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  22. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

So, how do you reconcile Wedge's injuries in Aftermath requiring him to use a cane in Empire's End with his activities in the Rogue Squadron comics, which you have in between the books?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well he flew at the Battle of Kashyyyk so the injury was not completely bothering him. And he very
    much flew at Jakku.

I have the entire 4 to 7 ABY wrote up if everyone wants it...?

Darth_Garak, Zohar and Revanfan1 like this.
  24. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

The flying's not my issue, but didn't Wedge have some ground action in those comics, along with the rest of the Rogues?

25. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Sinrebirth
    1. I always find it interesting how others deal with overlaps. I usually look at where the FIRST part is (or where the first story chronologically takes place in an anthology) while you look at the last bit.
    2. The Legends overlap has driven me nuts that I've just trusted the Wook for my things. With the NEU though, the Wook is not up-to-speed IMO based on the number of interpretations (first/middle/last of story) so I just do guess work.
    3. The fact that you've merged the two - INCLUDING WITH COMICS - on your shelf is phenomenal. I'm impressed.

Force Smuggler and Sinrebirth like this.