main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Some of my Star Wars wallpaper

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Mandalore Rising, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Mandalore Rising

Mandalore Rising Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 5, 2017
    Well one of the things I have going for me is that I have a program for Storyboarding. So if I storyboard the entire thing, that might help a little. Still, I'll have to find someone that can get on the same page as me (no pun intended). Wish me luck. What was the name of your novel?

Here's a new pic:

[​IMG]

2. Jax Nova

Jax Nova Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 22, 2014
    Ah, well that's a good deal. Sounds kind of fun actually. Here is hoping you find a good artist that can share your vision. :)

My novel is a fantasy novel titled "Arise to Fall" The Varsian Kingdom Series. I've done a few other complimentary books of poetry, lore, and short stories in the same world as well. It's a ton of fun doing them! I am sure once you get your book to completion it will be a great experience for you. It really is so much fun to create things like that. :D

And love the new picture too! :) Have you ever done one of all Mandalorians by chance?

3. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    I have done a few Mandalorians ones, but I was not happy with the results, so I've never put them out. I'm sure I'll work it out eventually. Awesome to hear about your work. I am in awe of authors because I know how hard it can be to do creative work (still fun though). I'm a perfectionist, so the graphic novel has to be perfect to get released. I've written it as a trilogy and I have three other spect scripts completed which I'll put out after I'm done with this first project. So I'll probably be 105 when all projects are completed.

pronker likes this.
  4. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    I have done a few Mandalorians ones, but I was not happy with the results, so I've never put them out. I'm sure I'll work it out eventually. Awesome to hear about your work. I am in awe of authors because I know how hard it can be to do creative work (still fun though). I'm a perfectionist, so the graphic novel has perfect to get released. I've written it as a trilogy and I have three other spect scripts completed which I'll put out after I'm done with this first project. So I'll probably be 105 when all projects are completed. :D

5. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Yeah, it's hard getting things just the way you like them. (Books as well as your graphics i am sure) If you ever do post some Mandalorian ones I would be very interested in seeing them! :D

6. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    I'll be glad to share them with you for sure. Some of the ideas I have for future pics are:

1. Star Wars Rebels

2. Star Wars concept art

3. Episode VIII

4. More KOTOR & TOR

I've also done work on some videos, but I've only released one so far because I am still very amateur at editing. I have second thoughts on releasing the one I did because it doesn't seem to be as well received as the wallpapers are. But I guess they can't all be home runs, right?

7. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Rebels and KOTOR / TOR sound really enticing. :D

This is true, not all can be a home run.

8. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Okay, finally a new pic! I apologize for taking so long. I need to point out that I did not do the original pic, but I changed the look to give it a ROTS feel as well as a few other changes. Here ya go:

[​IMG]

9. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Here's the same pic with a lens flare added. Not sure how you guys feel about the lens flares, but I think it gives the Lightsabers more of an "alive" feel.

[​IMG]

Erkan12 likes this.
  10. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Cool cool. :D

What programs do you use? If you don't mind me asking? And do you use multiple images to start with on a picture like this or is it already put together and you add edits and such to it?

11. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    In the case of the pic above, that was one that was already done. I just changed the look of it (through a filter) to give it a red look (the original was brown) and I added the lens flare. I do all my editing on my ipad, so all the programs I use are available for it. But I wouldn't be surprised if they are available for PC or Android. I have about 7 programs I use, depending on the pic and what I want to do with it. I use: Photogrid, Pronto, Photofunia, Pncamfx, Vintage Looks, Big lens, and Photocandy. The lens flare program is simply called Lensflare.

BTW: I got a ton more images to use, so I should have something new soon. My Mother Just got out of the hospital, so I have been taking care of her. She's the one that actually suggested I post the pics I did online.

12. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Coolc ool. I have never heard of half those programs but they might be something I want to look into int he future. :D

Sorry to hear about your Mother, hope she is doing ok. That's completely understandable! Family comes first.

13. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Hey, thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it. My mom is home now and getting better. On a happier note, I did this pic (see next post).

Jax Nova and Anakin.Skywalker like this.
  14. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Here's Han and Chewie:

[​IMG]

15. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Incase anyone is wondering what the pics look like before I do my work on them, here's a before and after example:

[​IMG]

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  16. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Here's another pic for you guys:

[​IMG]

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  17. DarthJaceus

DarthJaceus Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2016
    Dude! These are legendary!

I really love the ones where you merge Legends/Canon. Makes everything feel so..... unified.

Mandalore Rising likes this.
  18. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Hey, thank you very much! I wondered how well having both Legends and Canon were going to be received. I'm really glad it worked out. I've already got some stuff ready for the next one, so I should have another pic posted within the next couple of days (if not sooner). Thanks again, and I'm glad you like them.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  19. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Whoops, here's one I forgot to share. This was done by another artist. I just tweeked it and made a few adjustments.

[​IMG]

Erkan12, DarthJaceus and CT1138 like this.
  20. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Oooo! I like that last one.

21. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Great job on the new pictures!

22. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Hey, thanks for the support fellas! It's very much appreciated.

23. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Here's a new one just in time for the weekend:

[​IMG]

24. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Here's an image from TOR. I made a few changes to it. See what you think:

[​IMG]

25. Mandalore Rising