main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's Inhumans [IMAX/ABC]

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Feb 28, 2017.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

Since casting info is starting to happen, seems it's time for this show to get its own thread.

News link.

From that link, Loeb & the showrunner mentions:

"Anson loves the challenge of playing a character who will only communicate silently. His enthusiasm mixed with his imposing almost regal persona made it easy to see why he is our Black Bolt."

"Black Bolt is a character whose deep complexity must be conveyed without uttering a single word, and I’m very excited to have Anson on board to bring him to life."

cerealbox likes this.
  2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    So did Black Bolt's band of Inhumans originate from Earth, or have they always been floating along in space?

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I believe the royal family would have all been born and raised in Attilan- though the comics have had the location of Attilan move over the years so they haven't necessarily been living on the moon the whole time.

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Well, IIRC, in Agents of SHIELD they uncovered an Kree city in an episode and there was the Inhuman village/city "Afterlife." So as The2ndQuest pointed out, Attilan could be anywhere in this iteration.

The Inhumans will be incomplete without Lockjaw. That mutt better be part of the series.

pronker likes this.
  5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    SMALLVILLE's Zatanna Serinda Swan Will Play Medusa In MARVEL'S THE INHUMANS

She caught the eye of comic book fans everywhere when she played Zatanna in Smallville, and now the Graceland alum has landed a lead role in The Inhumans as Medusa, Queen of the Inhumans...

[​IMG]

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    They don't specify her character in there but she was one of the Sirens in Tron Legacy. It'll be interesting to see the effects on her hair.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, and not only that, but she's going to have to convincingly convey that she has a strong mental and emotional link with Black Bolt since she'll end up being his voice. From the description above, she's a "trusted advisor" as oppose to the queen. Which reminds me of the speculation that Inhumans will be Marvel's Game of Thrones series where Black Bolt maybe seeking the throne. And therefore has me thinking that Inhumans could be set years ago. And IIRC, there was some mentioned that Inhumans won't be a spinoff of Agents of SHIELD.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I suspect they'll keep this focused on the royal family/Attilan "court intrigue" as a mini series, and not deal with the larger universe just yet (at least as far as Earth goes- I wouldn't rule out cosmic connections [like Kree] since those are more open-ended/fluid). They might throw a few nods out acknowledging other Inhuman factions on Earth but I wouldn't expect them to directly tie to AOS yet. They'll save that for either AOS late Season 5 or for Inhumans season 2.

pronker likes this.
  9. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Ken Leung is cast as Karnak

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Here's a link on that news.

The cast is certainly coming together fast and with some very interesting choices.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    First shot of Black Bolt (without mask):

[​IMG]

The rest of the cast.

They’re joined by five more today. Eme Ikwuakor plays Gorgon, Black Bolt’s cousin and Attilan’s military leader whose hooved legs can generate destructive seismic waves. Isabelle Cornish is Crystal, Medusa’s sister and the youngest member of the royal family. She has the ability to control the elements but is impetuous.

Mike Moh is the underwater-dwelling Triton, another cousin of Black Bolt. Sonya Balmores is Auran, the fiercely loyal Head of Attilan’s Royal Guards.

Finally, Ellen Woglom plays an undisclosed character who works for a private aerospace company and is described as smart, intense, and focused.

The series explore the never-before-told epic adventure of the royal family including Black Bolt, the enigmatic, commanding king of the Inhumans, with a voice so powerful that the slightest whisper can destroy a city.

Lockjaw, the 2,000 lb. dog with the ability to teleport, will also appear in the series.

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm not liking the all black leather costume for Black Bolt. I hope to see some white trim in there and maybe get rid of the leather as the series goes on. Glad to see Lockjaw will be in the series as I hope he and Kamala Kahn meet up at some point.

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Nevermind the leather, I don't like Anson without an unruly beard and hair! ;(

14. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    So Ellen Woglom is our audience surrogate. The only thing I hate is that Luna will never be born.

Then again, I doubt Danielle Cage will never be born either.

Now since I think about it, "Just say NO to kids in the MCU."

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Spider-Man is a kid.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Hawkeye has kids. His latest one is named after Black Widow and Quicksilver. Peggy Carter also had kids, IIRC. Howard Stark also had a kid, but I can't remember his name.

BigAl6ft6 and Diggy like this.
  17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    From a gif I was unfortunate enough to see, there is a chance Hulk and Black Widow have a kid.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    [face_laugh] I remember that gif. I believe it was the about the conception of their love child. Hulk definitely was smashing.

Diggy likes this.
  19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Imagine the delivery

Doctor:I can see the head, it's a big one!

Widow: Eh, it's not that big, trust me.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  20. TheSithWriter

TheSithWriter Jedi Master

Aug 7, 2003
    Impossible, in the MCU. In "Age of Ultron", Romanoff told Hulk she'd been sterilized.

21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    PPOR

23. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Is it the green girl with Black Widow's hair that shows up first on Google image search?

24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I don't know what term you googled, but it doesn't sound like the one I remember.

25. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Hulk+kid+Black+Widow =

[​IMG]
    (also why is there not an option to shrink images down?)