main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    Satipo

Jason has been discussing this possibility for quite some time considering that those characters are our awakenings. So in the light of plural TLJ title, I could actually see them being the last Jedi, like Luke saying something "you are the last Jedi". He may be the last from Snoke's POV but he may see the kids as the last, like your Dark Crystal analogy that really works.

2. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    One of the reasons I do not buy the idea that Snoke established a bond with Ben in Utero is because if he could do that across vast distances...then Kylo would not have been searching for the Map to SKywalker, or needed Hux to tell him where the Resistance base was or been unaware of Rey's location and power. The ability to find a life and manipulate it at that range would suggest he could find anyone he wanted...yet Luke and Leia both evade him and the only thing he can tell about Rey is that someone awakened.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  3. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Here's a pretty good talk by Alan Watts about Carl Jung.

4. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
  5. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Kylo is not a Jedi and never will be. So you mean the Jedi die out and they create a new group? The grey force users like Bendu or something like that?

Darth Smurf likes this.
  6. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    RJ just confirmed it to mean the final Jedi. That has a slightly different connotation to me regardless of who those final Jedi are. It implies there are no more after them.

7. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    nightangel NTIP discusses that in depth but I wouldn't do them justice if I tried to recap their discussion. No mention of Grey anything but possibility of becoming something other than Jedi. They talked about that in several podcasts including the latest one. From around 2 hrs 30 min mark, question about Rey's parentage and Snoke. It's a speculation, where they think the story is going, not spoilers so don't panic since you won't like what you'll hear:

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/03/episode-172-makingstarwars-nets-now-podcasting/

IncessantRamblings likes this.
  8. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014

sounds not good. [face_plain]

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  9. afrojedi

afrojedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2015
    But dang! They just returned! Now they are going away again?[face_plain]

10. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    That perfectly fits with MSW and Satipo speculation that we may see new type of the Force User or what Snoke calls 'the NEW Jedi' (they may not be the Jedi but Snoke calls them so cause there's no name for that yet).

IncessantRamblings and Satipo like this.
  11. sls062286

sls062286 Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2016
    He was messing with the guy. Using different words to say the same thing. People really need to stop reading into every little thing someone involved with the movies says.

12. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016

He said it???? I thought this was just a theory
    [​IMG]

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    It could be the effective equivalent to how Kylo Ren and Snoke are not Sith.

Edit: Could someone please link to where Rian Johnson said this?

14. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
  15. jdTde33

jdTde33 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 28, 2016
  16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Thanks guys... I checked his Twitter page and missed that somehow.

17. sls062286

May 10, 2016
    Nevermind

18. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
  19. BlurryUFOs

BlurryUFOs Jedi Master star 3

Sep 24, 2016
    ooh I hate that! haha! no one else hates that? I want my new Jedi, snoke promised me some new Jedi
    and what's with this 'the light and the dark needs to come to an understanding' BS? thats how the Empire came back, because the new republic didn't do what it needed to do and fight evil. the eradication of the sith makes sense because there were only 2 and they died. no more jedi means luke does not pass on his teachings and what was the point of going through all that trouble to find the first jedi temple?
    I think jedi have a very important role in the galaxy

20. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
  21. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Yes.

Snoke promised new Jedi. I think this is what we'd be seeing. Like has learned what the Jedi need to do to move beyond what they became - and I think it is going to be by absorbing the shadow and balancing the light and the dark. Maybe they'll go back to George's idea and be called The Jedi Bendu moving forward, or some other cool name.

I think this is exactly the kind of progression the saga needs.

22. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, it was languages besides English that brought the whole singular vs plural issue into consideration. You can't tell by the word in English which one it means, but the title in other languages implied that it was plural. So that doesn't change, because the word Jedi is still there. It just makes it sound much more "final", because someone could be the last of something until there are more of them again. Final could mean that, but the implication is pretty strong that there won't be more of that thing after that point. Although, like I said earlier, it could almost be the equivalent to how Kylo and Snoke are not Sith. As in, the "new Jedi" are not called Jedi anymore.

23. Master Hamahiga

Master Hamahiga Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Sighs and shakes his head, It doesn't sound like anything yet. I mean how can a reasonable non-pessimistic person draw such a conclusion base on a few words posted on social media?

I mean come on people, we really know next to nothing about this movie at this point.

Remember, Star Wars is bigger than Luke Skywalker, it's not the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robot_3, jaqen and Birkendoc like this.
  24. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I hate it too. [face_sick]

25. sls062286

May 10, 2016
    Another way to interpret the title: The First Order wants to make Luke and Rey the last Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.