main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001

This is something I find refreshing as a new approach to the Force. I've long thought that the Jedi asceticism was unhealthy-- hacking everything in your life out in order to pursue the light seemed unnatural. Even priests of the various religions (Roman Catholic, Buddhist, etc) are still allowed attachments on some level. They are permitted to have the full array of emotions. But to hack out any family connection and forbid passion, anger or fear. How does one function as a healthy sentient that way when you are likely ignoring an entire half of your being?

I like a oneness with the Force like Chirut pursued.

What if that meant allowing passion coupled with temperance, anger and fear being acknowledged and affirmed but not wielded as weapons, where attachments make you stronger not weaker, because there is a greater understanding that all life is tied to each other?

And what if you can call on dark sided abilities (eg, Force lightning) to perform acts of good such as defending a loved one or an innocent bystander. What if fury could be tempered with joy, and the balance in the middle is that Balance in the Force that goes back to what Mace Windu thought Anakin would bring.

If that is the case, I have no problems with the Jedi Order yielding to something more balanced and organic.

robot_3 and Mungo Baobab like this.
  2. Sgt. Carver

Sgt. Carver Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2015
    No one would be reviewing TLJ to that degree yet anyway. Clearly a joke.

3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    did this viewing happen or a joke? If it was a viewing why we did not have a forum spy there? :rolleyes:

4. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    What marketing implications? If anything they would be expanding the marketing into new directions, while still being able to exploit light sabers and Jedi related paraphernalia.

The ST potentially going into another direction doesn't mean the entire approach to SW is anti-Jedi, or that Jedi won't be still exploited in via the first six episodes, spin-offs, books, comics, TV shows, and a potential ST follow up.

5. sls062286

sls062286 Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2016
    Even if the line is to Rey there areva dozen reasons why Luke may not want Rey t know right away.

On another note We have confirmation that Luke has a line :p

6. Vestas

Vestas Jedi Padawan

Jun 10, 2016
    Luke is testing her. He knows who Rey is. He wants to know who Rey believes herself to be. We will find out what she remembers, and what she doesn't.

7. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    it was really a viewing? the trailer? or other footage? [face_dunno]

8. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001

Never stops anyone from selectively using sound bytes and quotes.

:-B

9. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

They supposedly got a teaser to the teaser. Iger wanted to make sure none of the shareholders mention ESPN! :)

nightangel likes this.
  10. sls062286

sls062286 Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2016
    I like that idea.

starocean90 likes this.
  11. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016

"Today, during Disney’s shareholders meeting, a footage from The Last Jedi was shown. Thanks to LA Time reported Daniel Miller we get a few tidbits about some of the brief shots shown during the event, including Luke’s first words to Rey after he accepts the lightsaber."

Apparently a footage with Luke asking to Rey who is she,
    "Also making appearances in "The Last Jedi" footage: Chewbacca, General Leia Organa and Finn."
    "One last thing on the "Last Jedi" footage: We saw all sorts of settings -- mountains, oceans, forests, deserts. Look suitably epic, exotic."
    "More on "The Last Jedi" clip: We saw a shot of an X-wing wobbling mid-air, under attack inside a giant ship. Looked like a wounded bird."

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/201...reholder-meeting-luke-to-rey-who-are-you.html

12. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I totally disagree that taking the Jedi out of multi-billion dollar SW is a huge marketing opportunity. They can explore all kinds of other ideas and toys and directions without removing the single most defining SW feature from future stories. R1 was a very risky and successful move, but I really don't see Disney being like, "cool, that means we can eliminate the Jedi from future SW sagas." It's like taking the X-Men out of X-Men, and you guys arguing for it don't sound convincing to me when you act like that's not a big deal.

ChildOfWinds and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  13. Darth Imbecillis

Darth Imbecillis Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016

Yes, it was real.

The forum spy would need to have been a Disney shareholder to see it.

What Girl and nightangel like this.
  14. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016

I'm sorry :( Now I'm feeling like an idiot

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  16. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    is the entire thing about the footage a joke? haha

17. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016

No, just that tweet I posted about Adam (but I already deleted it)

nightangel and oncafar like this.
  18. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    No, it's real (Miller tweets, not Erlich joke). Miller is LA Times reporter. He saw it.

Footage has been shown to shareholders so expect fakes claiming they were there. But Miller is likely going to write a piece about the meeting including better description of the footage.

This is real:

[​IMG]

19. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    Don't worry about it!

oncafar likes this.
  20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It was an honest mistake. Don't worry about it.

DarthIshyZ and oncafar like this.
  21. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    The variety of landscapes he describes in the footage is interesting. Did we know about the forests, and deserts?

22. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Old and busted: The Force Awakens is boring and uninspired for having mountains, oceans, forests, and deserts.

New hotness: The Last Jedi is epic and exotic for having mountains, oceans, forests, deserts.

23. Darth Imbecillis

Darth Imbecillis Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016

MSW wrote about possible location shooting on a salt flat desert in Bolivia - which, incidentally, looks exactly like Seelos from Rebels.

There were also persistent rumours about location scouting in Mexico, but I don't know if anything ever came of that.

The Iceland location might pass for a desert, too.

24. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    I really wonder about deserts, but maybe it is the Mars like planet. ;)

Mexico was rumored for caves, but Bolivia had the salt lake desert. ;)

25. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    mountains, oceans, forests, deserts.. yes!! wow!! haven't seen those lately in Star Wars movies[face_tired]

Baron_Papanerd and oncafar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.