main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Again, nobody ever said that Disney would take the Jedi out of the Star Wars franchise.

If Rey decides not to be a Jedi, and there are no new Jedi established, for these two films it doesn't suddenly mean Disney stops exploiting the Jedi.

They will be milking the Jedi for the next 50+ years if they can. There are lots of avenues to exploit Jedi merchandise, especially with the spin-offs. Just like Lucas was exploiting it even during the long stretches of time between trilogies.

Artoo-Dion and What Girl like this.
  2. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    This brings up the one scenario where I can conceive of it - if Rey's story ends the SW timeline, and all future movies are prequels. But again, that would be a major development, not one ripe for a Twitter reveal 9 mos before the release of the middle movie of the trilogy.

Edit ~ btw, lots of people have said that.

3. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    desert may be salt flats:

[​IMG]

Forests may be something they filmed somewhere we don't know, or in Liss Ard estate where the cast and crew stayed during the part of the Ireland shoot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    These are very generic descriptions. you can make interesting-looking worlds with deserts/forests/etc ex: what does moutain mean? Eadu in R1 was all moutain but it felt new. Naboo was all forests, rivers and prairies but the city had a disctinct and pure SW look. Too vague a description to jump to conclusions.

Also, just like we never saw the most out-there worlds of R1 in the trailers, they'll probably keep the juicest stuff for later reveals...

5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    So Luke doesn't seem to know who Rey is ...

6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Mountains: Ach To
    Oceans: Ach To
    Forest: who knows but we've already seen a forest in TFA
    Desert: ditto

So, where are the NEW settings?

Eirikur likes this.
  7. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

They could take Rey into a new direction and still have the Jedi come back for a future ST.

And meanwhile they'll continue to sell scores of millions of dollars of Jedi merchandise based off:

The original trilogy
    The prequel trilogy
    Spin-offs (including spin-offs of Jedi characters/Jedi periods)
    TV shows
    Comics
    Books

The Jedi concept will continue to be popular regardless of what happens in this particular trilogy. Disney isn't making money off SW based off one singular storyline and revenue stream. So they do have the freedom to expand without any real loss.

8. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Pretty amazing that a few tweets about a teaser to the teaser trailer can send us all in a frenzy. Just shows you again how badly Disney won in the end when it came to spoilers!

Baron_Papanerd and jaqen like this.
  9. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I don't really understand what we're discussing at this point. If the Jedi come back after Rey's story, then Disney hasn't ended Jedi.

But certainly, they have all the freedom in the universe to expand as much as they want.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  10. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Because we weren't discussing Disney "ending" the Jedi across all avenues, and for all time.

We were speculating specifically on just episode 8 and 9.

Satipo likes this.
  11. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    I suppose it's too soon to reveal them. they probably showed ahch-to and maybe only establishing shots of the most un-spoilery landscapes,, the basic ones...without the cool cities and galactic glamour :)

12. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Probably not featured in what likely amounted to less than thirty seconds of footage that the general public doesn't get to see? I'll be shocked if we don't see the Dubrovnik location in the first trailer.

13. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    Good God, one sentence comes out and people lose their minds.

Note to self: Don't retweet the first line of a Star Wars movie.

Hell, even if she is Luke's daughter, it doesn't mean he recognizes her right away.

Satipo, Shadojoker and Darth_Voider like this.
  14. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    So we are analyzing a description which non of us have seen? Remembering all the edits of TFA trailers and all R1 trailers and we are taking the descripitions true as there word? I think you are going to be mistaken. Never trust a trailer, loose lips sink starships......;)

This bird was he describing a bird or was he suggesting the x-wing was like an injured bird. Was the bird on board a ship, did the x-wing hurt the bird? Am a bit confused :confused:

Birkendoc likes this.
  15. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    He said the X-Wing looked like an injured bird. It had been attacked, was damaged, and was a bit wobbly was what it sounded like.

Dark Horse likes this.
  16. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    I see, thanks, I was quite confused with that.

17. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    You could describe Jedha as desert and that wouldn't give a hint at how cool that location was.

I'd take the word "exotic" as the main point here.

18. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    In retrospect nightangel, Kylo being the son of Han & Leia (a Skywalker) was more than enough 'family drama' to feature in TFA. Rey spoke of waiting for her family to return. But to my mind, not once is it even slightly intimated at that she may also be a Skywalker too? Not once. You really have to put aside this ideallic vision of father Luke you earnestly want for a moment, and perhaps start to think more pragmatically about Rey's mystery.

Conclusively for me and above all else. Is the very fact we learnt she was abandoned on Jakku a full SIX years before Ben's betrayal even took place. Which basically means at that time..all was gravy with Luke, Ben and the Academy. Just what more proof do you need besides that?

19. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The Adam thing is not interesting. The dramatic in the end - and the "Who are you" - I hope this is the joke

Now the full dialogue of the trailer:

Luke: Who are you? Well, honestly I don't care. I am a dumb nut who was not allowed to speak in the last movie because of my Alzheimer. Was playing Golf here with Ronald Reagan the last 6 years. Handicap 1138 I have meanwhile - great yeah? Do you know who I am? Can you tell me who are my parents?
    I only remember a black guy. Nice! I see you brought your pet with you. Whats his name?

Rey: Chewie

Luke: Nice! sounds like a bubble gum. He smells a bit. The driving Tamagochi next to it?

Rey: R2D2

Luke: Wow. The Tamagochi has a name! I want such a toy as well

Rey: They said you are a Jedi master!

Luke: Who said that?

Rey: Han, Leia!

Luke: The indy car racers?

Rey: No your friend and your sister

Luke: The friend of my sister? His name was not Han. I think his name was Moby van Kenobi .... or Jabba the Han?

Rey: *frustrated* Well. I'm Rey

Luke: Nice to meet you Well. Please guard me to the toilet. Somehow I do not find the way. I think the puffins move it all the time to fool me. On our way there, please tell me who my parents are
    and whats the story of the fancy microphone is, what you are trying to give me all the time

Chewie rips off Lukes 2nd arm and beats Luke to death with R2

20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I take this as irrefutable proof that Snoke is Darth Plagueis.

21. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

[​IMG]

oncafar and DarthIshyZ like this.
  22. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe the X-Wing is wobbling because of a bromance on board? Just a thought.

23. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    Guys, we've SEEN what they've done with Dubrovnik. We've SEEN what they've done with Kerry and the Huts. Why on earth would you jump to a been there done that attitude when what we've seen completely suggests otherwise?

24. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    People still reading in TOO MUCH to a simple tweet or whatever...

I'm not paying attention to anything "So-and-so" says or tweets...until April when the trailer drops,movie stills and that ALWAYS dependable special Variety issue!

25. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    LA Times reporter is dependable. It's just that some fans don't like the line cause it isn't what they expected or whatever and now question his reliability. It's a reliable report. The line is just that, a line. Doesn't confirm or deny anything. People are starved for something to talk about so they are blowing things out of proportion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.