main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Or, it could be the "I rebel" of TLJ.

TK327 and nightangel like this.
  2. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    You mean launch a thousand memes and t-shirts.

Shadojoker and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  3. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    So crazy jedi man walking around ahch-to alone, with space battle puffins of his shoulder, for god knows how long, asks "who are you?" and people really want to try and read 50 different meanings into this?

4. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes, it's an existential marketing push.

5. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    I'm so confused with this;

'We saw a shot of an X-wing wobbling mid-air, under attack inside a giant ship. Looked like a wounded bird'

A bird or not a bird? That is the question? Am confused....

oncafar likes this.
  6. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

It's an X-Wing coming in for a crash landing into a hangar.

Dark Horse likes this.
  7. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    Hey, I heard tell of a crow feed in this thread?

thejeditraitor likes this.
  8. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    We ate it all. The early bird, and all that.

9. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i think it just looked like a wounded bird to him. i have ofc made it more than that. it's symbolism ofc -- falling, dying birds -- about what is happening to the force. :D no wait, luke is like a wounded bird now. or perhaps rey is later wounded.

it's kind of like how ROTS begins with anakin on that ship on fire falling back to coruscant... anakin will fall.

10. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    Any idea what's up with excluding Kylo Ren from marketing? Even Phasma shows up in that reel but not Ren. Also, is that footage also the teaser/trailer that has been edited since December or just something for shareholders meeting?

11. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    they don't want us to see what snoke did to him...

What Girl likes this.
  12. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I think it is stupid to kill the Jedi for two reasons:

1. Because the Jedi are part of the very fabric of Star Wars. Star Wars has always been about Good Vs. Evil; not, everything is grey.
    2. Disney would lose a lot of money.

Seems obvious to me. [face_dunno]

I refuse to believe that Disney spent 4 billion dollars, to kill off one the major elements that makes Star Wars the most Iconic Film Franchise in the history of Cinema.

ChildOfWinds, Darth Smurf and QuiJohn like this.
  13. Charlie07

Jun 22, 2015

I have a feeling kylo's new look is going to be a big reveal. Updated sabre design, cape etc.

But also i don't think much can he read into shot selection for shareholders. My best guess would be they asked for random trailer shots to be thrown together for a shareholder package when they were actually cutting a trailer.

14. xyloren

xyloren Jedi Master star 2

Feb 19, 2016
    Kylo is a huge spoiler. Will he be hell-bent on revenge? Injured? Scarred? Masked?

There is a great mystery around what he will look like. They will drag out his unveiling and I don't expect to see him for quite a few trailers down the road.

oncafar and What Girl like this.
  15. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    Congrats to MSW on great reporting. Finn in FO uniform on the Star Destroyer on another ship is a great scoop that got confirmed. =D=^:)^

Thanks for your replies! xyloren Charlie07 I'm still disappointed because he and KMT are characters I'm looking forward to see the most. And yet even she wasn't in the reel.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Well, yeah. But this is a forum starving for fresh input. We gotta speculate. (Replying to a few posts up. Umm, never mind. How are you?)

17. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Spoilers definitely have been safeguarded for TLJ.

18. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
  19. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Okay so Luke's "who are you?" isn't his first line.

My guess is his first line will be "is somebody there? I'm old and blind as ****."

[​IMG]

20. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

This is one of the many reasons I don't like Rebels. The ridiculous Bendu, Light Side/Dark Side hybrid thing, possibly influencing future Star Wars movies makes me sick. [face_sick]

21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Unfortunately. I am so tired of rebels vs empire. This will be the sixth film out of nine doing it to put it in perspective.

22. Charlie07

Jun 22, 2015

actually his first line is a series of space battle puffin calls and then he walks off to a hut flocked by his protectors with rey in the background wondering if she made the right choice [face_rofl]

23. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    The Bendu is awesome. That was exactly what Star Wars needed, a new take on the Force. As a Force Lore junkie this suited me wonderful. I'm just bummed we haven't seen more of the Bendu.

24. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    It won't be exactly like Rebels vs Empire though (which I agree is the last thing I want). There won't be a rebellion against the government, since there's no government in place. It's going to be more like the Resistance and First Order fighting for control of the galaxy.

25. Charlie07

Jun 22, 2015
    RO clips shown 3rd March at shareholder meeting. First 2 min teaser for RO shown 7th April. I think today all but confirmed the teaser debut at celebration (for those still thinking we will only get the BTS reel). Looks like they are following the RO timeline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.