main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index World building Bunny Index and Donation Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Plot Bunny Sock, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    I'd be interested.

2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Nah, this is just a thread for Gamiel to bypass the limit in another thread. [face_whistling]

;)

Sith-I-5, Gamiel and Briannakin like this.
  3. Plot Bunny Sock

Plot Bunny Sock Jedi Padawan

Apr 30, 2015
    Have updated the index
    Thank you :)
    You can link to it here if you want so people can see what you're talking about, but finished ideas are actually supposed to be posted in the Fanon thread.

[face_shhh] ;)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Actually, this is something I have been wondering about since this thread first opened. The Fanon Thread doesn't explicitly stipulate that what's posted there has to be "finished"; indeed, authors who contribute entries to it are welcome (and encouraged) to update their posts as much as they like, the posts can be as long or as short as people want, and there's no specific format that that one has to adhere to in that thread—so all the same sort of "bunnies" that can go here can go equally well there. Put another way, other than the lack of a monthly posting limit, I'm not completely sure how this thread is serving a different purpose from the Fanon Thread; am I missing something? (Not trying to argue; just curious, mostly.) Thanks. :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  5. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    We got a Watership Down! I repeat: we got a Watership Down! All plot bunnies abandon thread! Run for your cute little lives! * Runs toward the escape route; find it already collapsed by Gamiel ‘s inbreed bunnies; curses; walks back toward the thread control cursing. * Sorry about that, just a fully normal, planed safety drill. Now, regarding your question: I miss spoke when I said finished ideas. What I meant was that, as stated in the first post, that this thread is for ideas for nonspecific planets, cultures, organisations, life forms, technology, or similar. The reason for this is to prevent this thread from becoming just another Fanon thread.

Now if people want to they can give suggestions how to possibly use their bunnies; like mentioning that it would fit well with some specific species or group it is okej. It is also okej to mention that you originally had this bunny for a specific planets, species, group, etc. and/or where you got your idea from but the idea once posted here is open for any kind of use.

Tarsier likes this.
  6. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    To be safe, I'll use that fanon thread shortly. Thank ye Plot Bunny Sock. ;)

Gamiel likes this.
  7. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    Väl bekomme

8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Same here.

9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Do you...know what Watership Down means? I'm serious. It's a small hill. :p

Raissa Baiard likes this.
  10. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    In this case it is a code phrase

11. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    A world with hyperspace travel and fully integrated into galactic society yet not united into a planetary government. The world is pretty standard continents and oceans with a fair diversity of biomes and animal/plant life.

In the world's past multiple attempts at unification have ended in disaster or mass atrocity. Furthermore nationalistic, ideological, and ethnic loyalties remained strong enough that the world remained disunited.

There are at least 12-20 nations with multiple groups within. They have their own colonies and compete fiercely for corporate investment, technological R&D, and sports. They all maintain defense forces of at least a million total troops-combat, logistics, intelligence etc...

Most of the galaxy considers them an oddity and they are a major stumbling block to GFFA political scientists theory of technological and social development. As most assume planetary unification is a prerequisite for galactic integration.

The inhabitants themselves are humanoids-skin ranges from blue to black. Noses are long and slanted, eyes-gold, scarlet, green, and bronze.

They have at least 30 surviving languages.

Tarsier, Gamiel and Ewok Poet like this.
  12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I had a very similar thought today, minus how the denizens look like. Awesome one.

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    * Some bunnies (well, more like thoughts) on how to make your desertworld different from planets like Arrakis, Tatooine, Jakku, etc.
    - The sun is different. Maybe it has: a different colour (blue, red, green etc.) giving everything on that planet a tint of that colour during the day; a very intensive light (like Mirranda in Serenity); it sends out more heat than light, creating a desertworld that is hot but whose days are not that bright; etc.
    - Different coloured train: the sand and/or rocks are mainly blue, red, pink, black etc.
    - A could desert, like the Gobi.
    - Oasis seems to be highly uncommon on desertworlds, why not have a high amount of them dotting the surface?
    - As with oasis so seems areas of half desert be highly uncommon on desertworlds.
    - Most desertworlds seems to be either undeveloped backwaters or has-beens whose glory days are long gone. Why not have a desertworld that is an important planet in its sector, and not just because some kind of raretofindium can be mined/harvested there.
    - As with oasis and areas of half desert, so do active volcanos seems to be highly uncommon on desertworlds, why not have a high amount of them dotting the surface?
    - A desertworld with titanic shafts cut into the crust reaching deep into the planet's bowls, at the bottom water collects, creating oasis in and possibly around the shafts. It is possible that the shafts are connected by tunnels. If the world is populated, the habitations most likely surround the walls of the shafts, built into the rock.
    - Most cultures I have seen on desertworlds have the trappings of the Wild West, real life desert people or the typical spacer-scoundrel look. A way to make a desert world different could be by giving the people populating it trappings we are not used to seeing in desert environments.
    - Cacti forests.

Tarsier likes this.
  14. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    What about a planet with a Pangea esque continent? It would be politically unified of course but would have unique culture owing to having one continent.

You could have bad guys have secret based on little islands on the planets world ocean.

15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Then there's no point, unless that last sentence is a requirement. Too boring, I think.

16. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    After some discussion, Mav and I have decided to shut this thread down simply because there was simply too much overlap with the existing Fanon thread. Fanon related posts should be posted over there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.