main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Some of my Star Wars wallpaper

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Mandalore Rising, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Jax Nova

Jax Nova Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 22, 2014
    Again, very nice work. :D What movies/games or whatever are the pictures from in the last post? I don't recognize some of these characters.

Mandalore Rising likes this.
  2. Mandalore Rising

Mandalore Rising Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 5, 2017
    Here's a Mandalorian one:

[​IMG]

Jax Nova likes this.
  3. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Most of them are either fan art or from TOR.

4. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Just let me reiterate how much I appreciate all the support. I figure this is my one way to give something back to the SW fandom that has given me so much. Thank you very much guys and gals. It means a lot.

pronker likes this.
  5. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Here's a few from Rebels and few additions to the Mandalorian wallpaper:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jax Nova and pronker like this.
  6. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Always like to see the mythosaur. :D

7. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    I'm curious: How do you guys feel about the lens flares? I think they make the lightsabers look more "real", but I realize they might not be for everyone. Do you guys like them or would you prefer one wallpaper with lens flares and one without? Or is the way they are now fine?

8. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    You've been putting together a lovely collection of wallpapers. :) Really like some of the Old Republic ones.

Lens flares for the lightsabers… it really depends on the situation. Overuse can distract from the composition while subtly done can be like the cherry on top of the cupcake.

Side note, when using fan art for the wallpapers, if possible, please leave a little note about whose works are used and/or a link to the source ;) Looking forward to seeing more.

9. Jax Nova

Jax Nova Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 22, 2014
    Well done! :) Love the Mandalorian one! :D

10. PoorRebel

PoorRebel Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2017
    I like the mandalorian Wallpaper, thanks a lot...:)

11. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Just wanted to drop in and let everyone know I should have atleast 3 new ones ready this weekend. I'm trying to release multiple ones at a time to make it to easier for people. Also a big THANK YOU to anyone who leaves me comments. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it and it helps me make sure I am making the right wallpapers for fans to enjoy. You guys are the best!

I'll will be sure to make the sources and links known. In this past, because I look so many places, I haven't done a very good job of keeping information about where they come from. I'll make sure to keep notes from now on. Thanks for the note about lens flares. I agree they can be the cherry on top, but, like anything else you can always have too much of a good thing.

Also, one more side note for everyone: If you notice, I never put my name or Twitter handle or anything on the pictures. Personally I think it looks bad and is distracting. If someone wants to repost a pic they like that I've done somewhere else, I have no problem with it at all and you don't have to identify me as the source. I would say please just don't take credit for it, but I believe no one on here would do such a thing. I make these for the fans and whatever way more people get to see them is fine by me. See you guys this weekend!

12. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Hey everyone. I must apologize for taking so long. My weekend was such hell I didn't get to finish what I was working on. I have one wallpaper I'm doing at the moment (instead of three) to celebrate the release of the Rogue One home release. I can't say when it will be done, but it won't be too long, that I can promise. Hope everyone's having a good week in the meantime.

13. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I can relate about Darth Real Life/ DRL. Take your time :) you cannot rush art

14. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Okay, finally new pic time! This is one for Rebels (all pictures belong to Lucasfilm/Disney). I am currently working on the one for Rogue One, so it will most likely be next. I don't know when, but as soon I feel it's good enough, I'll be glad to share it with everyone. Thanks for the continued support (and patience!).

Thank you very much. It always sucks when it's something you have no control over. And for me, I hate making promises/statements that end up where I can't keep them. But I'm glad to have a new one to post:

[​IMG]

15. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Here's the Rogue One wallpaper I said was coming:

[​IMG]

clone commander bossk likes this.
  16. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    And here's a new one for TFA:

[​IMG]

17. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017

18. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    This is a brand new one I did this morning:

[​IMG]

clone commander bossk likes this.
  19. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    You are one busy person! I especially like the last one with the final bottom middle section when light tones were used.=D=

20. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Thanks much! I have horrid insomnia, so when I can't sleep I work on the pics. I take care of my mom, so sometimes that means being awake at all hours of the night anyway (No complaints here. I wouldn't have it any other way). Incidentally, we watched Rogue One last night and she really loved the Vader scene at the end (she liked the rest of the movie as well).

21. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Insomnia can be a bear. I'm glad your mom enjoyed the film!

22. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Here's two more for today:

PIC 1:

[​IMG]

Artist unknown. I did the usual touch up to it and a few other things.

pronker likes this.
  23. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
  24. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    Here's two more. I used mostly the same pics in both, but I tried to give both of them a completely different look.

Number 1:

[​IMG]

25. Mandalore Rising

Jan 5, 2017
    And here's number 2:

[​IMG]

pronker likes this.