main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Plot Bunny Donation and Index Thread v2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Plot Bunny Sock, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I had an idea for Round Robins, based on an excavation in the dark depths of the FF boards...down in the 900s somewhere (I was really bored at lunchtime). It's a "Choose your Own Adventure" style. Author one posts a chunk of story and at the end puts up 2 choices:

"Freeze!" Lando Calrissian froze as the Stormtroopers spotted them.
    "Down here!" said Wes Janson, ducking into the back alley. Lando hesitated. The troopers didn't know he had anything to do with switching their hairwash with depilatory cream.
    CHOOSE YOUR PATH! Does Lando:
    a) follow Janson into the back alley and try to escape
    b) stand his ground and try to bluff his way out of this

Author two picks one of the choices and writes the next chunk of story based on that before posting the next two choices.

I'd love to give this a try, but the bunny I had for a storyline won't work (if I go by Legends, anyway...) Still want to try out the format.

brodiew, Chyntuck, Tarsier and 2 others like this.
  2. Plot Bunny Sock

Plot Bunny Sock Jedi Padawan

Apr 30, 2015
    Have updated the index, if I have missed something, just tell me :)

Also I had totally forgotten this (I blame my earlier incarnation) but I wrote in the first post of the thread that: "If you write a fic based on a donated bunny and you post it on the Jedi Council Forums, you may link it in this thread and indicate which specific bunny you used. The bunny will then be moved to the "written" section of the index (or added to that section, in case of bunnies lifted from the old threads) and have your fic linked next to it. Fics posted only on other sites may NOT be linked and will not be indexed."

I have not (in any of my incarnations) put any fics in the Written section of the index; so could everybody who have used a bunny from this thread notice me so I can link those fics, together with their bunnies, in the Written section of the index :)

3. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Quick question, what if a story is written that addresses a Plot Bunny contained in the Index but, said story was written before the Plot Bunny was mentioned?

4. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    I would say that you could link to your story together with the plot bunny if you want, since people who hang around here probably would find it fun to see stories that used a premise they have read here.

5. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    It's this one, and there's already a link back on page 7 but, I'll repost it here.

It's a collection of linked vignettes called No More Jedi

Gamiel likes this.
  6. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    That Darth Invictus bunny and your fic have now been moved to the Written Bunnies section

7. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016

The writer didn't get the bunny from me though

8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    He did not, but I told you that it's been done. Then you asked who did it and I was not sure if I had been allowed to link it, so I tagged the writer, who then responded.

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    * Some members of the Republics peace keeping forces have done something illegal (f.ex. killed civilians; stolen things from the people they were supposed to protect; asked for payment for the supplies they were to hand out for free; etc.) and their superiors have covered it up. Now some of the information has leaked and the main character/s are tasked to investigate and find out what exactly happened; who did it; why it was covered up and how to deal with it all.

10. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    *As we have seen in Rogue One, some Rebels are willing to dirty their hands to get the job done: killing an informant, lying to a conscript about extracting her father. What if a soldier starts on the Rebellion and is uncomfortable with what the Alliance does? Does he or she defect to the Empire? Does he or she strike out on their own, pulling a Kerra Holt and helping however they can?*

Lady_Misty likes this.
  11. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Zannah falls for Kellad'den the Lethan anti-republic Twi'lek having to deal with her feelings versus her Sith cause.

Set Harth accepts seriously Zannah's offer of apprenticeship and later becomes a Dark Lord himself.

Thrackan Sal Solo takes advantage of the fall of coruscant to reactivate Centerpoint and declare Corellia independent. The GA is forced to reconquer the sector and some outlying regions after the Vong war in an especially brutal and unforgiving conflict.

Palpatine is killed by the Jedi posse in 19 BBY when Anakin follows Mace instead. Afterwards the Jedi shut down the Senate and institute a temporary government. A large number of senators and worlds are enraged at what they see as an attempt at creating a theocracy. A few years into this unstable situation(the CIS has been crushed) the Vong invade. Just after the demobilization begins. The ensueing conflict is far more brutal with the Vong even reaching the Chommel Sector and totally exterminating Hutt Space. The Jedi and their allies prevail after a war lasting 30 years.

SpecForce Trooper and PCCViking like this.
  12. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    *During the Clone Wars, a scientific expedition goes missing on the planet Bimmiel. Both the Republic and Separatists dispatch task forces to investigate, one led by Anakin and the other by Asajj Ventress. They land on the planet, prepared to do battle before they come across a scout force comprised of unknown aliens (who would later to be revealed as the Yuuzhan Vong). Anakin and Ventress barely survive their squad's destruction and face death themselves when they're assisted by a mysterious ally with blue skin and red eyes.*

Note: this bunny could be adapted for either the 2008 TCW series or the earlier Clone War novels/comics. So, feel free to use Ahsoka or not as necessary.

13. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Ran across this comment in a thread on the old ROTS forum:

I can see one heck of a crackfic coming out of this.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  14. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    So many good bunnies! But the last thing I need is to start another new story. So, here's a couple more I have to contribute! :)

* A few months before RotS, Duchess Satine Kryze arrives on Coruscant. Obi-Wan senses her presence, and unable to quell his curiosity, goes to find her. When he does, he gets the shock of his life. He comes face to face with the daughter he didn't know he had.

* Against her mother's wishes, and with her father's grudging acceptance, Jaina married Kyp Durron when she turned eighteen. A year later while on a mission, Kyp disappeared leaving Jaina and their newborn son alone. Nineteen years later, Jaina is now thirty-seven and remarried to Jagged Fel and together they have three children.

Jaina is on a mission with her brother, Anakin (yes, he's alive!) and cousin Ben when she feels a familiar presence. Thinking herself crazy, she tries to ignore the feeling until days later she can't as she literally runs right into her believed-dead husband.

Kyp has no memory of Jaina, their son or anything else but he feels an intense connection when he sees her. Will her presence in his life jog his memory? If it does, what will happen between them? What happens to Jag and his and Jaina's kids?

Can be either K/J or J/J.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  15. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Vestara Khai doesn't fall back into being a Sith acolyte in late FOTJ. She continues and deepens a relationship with Ben Skywalker ending in Marriage by 50 ABY.

Caedus takes his mother Leia as an apprentice after Han is killed under mysterious circumstances in a GA/confederate engagement. Very different LOTF.

An interdimensional pub appears to various characters from across all eras of SW history. The pub has a mysterious owner(perhaps a Whill) and various figures from pre-republic Je'daii to Legacy era Sith are invited to the pub. In the pub there is no conflict it's banned by the owner. Major characters strike up chats and relationships in this interdimensional neutral zone.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  16. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

Would that last one include characters from both timelines? Like canon vs Legends? It would be interesting to see what Caedus thinks of his counterpart, Kylo Ren. :D

17. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Yes it would include both timelines.

PCCViking likes this.
  18. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    As it turns out, darth_treyvah has a very cool, interesting story of this exact type, with Kylo and Caedus/Jacen talking to each other: Always Two.

19. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

Thanks. I'll check it out. :)

darth_treyvah and Findswoman like this.
  20. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    After getting upset and slicing up a wall, Kylo Ren is ordered to attend mandatory training in "Load Bearing Walls, and Why We Need Them."

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A joke idea, Vader know Leia is his daughter by the time of Cloud city and spend the diner scene being a overprotective father who want to know Han's intentions with his daughter. It is up to whoever take this bunny how much the other people at the table know

PCCViking, Ewok Poet and Sith-I-5 like this.
  22. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Wow, that would be awkward! :p

23. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

Well, that would explain the Han torture scene: Vader wanting to know his intentions towards his daughter. :p

Lady_Misty and Ewok Poet like this.
  24. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I could probably work with that Cloud City bunny.

Vader could have wiped the questions from Han's mind, which is why he does not remember any being asked.

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A joke idea taking place in new canon: Sometime before TFA do Luke awake on Ahch-To without any memory what he did last night (and possibly more time) but he is surrounded by all the signs of a real wild pub night and he cannot find his space ship. The story then follow as he try to find out what has happened, to survive on Ahch-To and find a way from the planet. Along the way he probably should do a lot of stupid stuff.