main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT The "What-If?" Depository - ALL conceptual/hypothetical conversation goes here

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SithStarSlayer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Considering that Maul is alive (to my great disappointment -- it robbed Obi-Wan of his ONE victory against the Sith), it wouldn't surprise me anymore to see Mace alive. If we do see Mace, I'd expect to see an explanation of why he sat on his ass for 24 years while the Empire was oppressing people, and why he didn't help Luke out with re-establishing the Jedi Order.

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Probably for the same reason Yoda and Obi Wan did at least for waiting on the sidelines. Plus too many Masters for any jedi-in training is probably not a good thing.

3. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    I doubt it's in Mace's character to wait on the sidelines. I fully expected he would have marched all the way back up to where Sidious and Vader were and confront them again.

4. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Obi Wan killed Maul in the latest Rebels episode.

5. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    Did he make sure Maul was dead this time? Dismembered the body and burnt it to ash? I doubt Obi-Wan would want Luke and Rey to find an aged Maul seeking revenge once again.

EDIT: And just out of curiosity, there's no way to return someone from death once they're dead in the Star Wars universe, right? No seven magical balls, no resurrection stone...nada? Dead is dead, etc?

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes, dead is dead.

7. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    Good. So Maul's dead for good this time.

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    So it seems. Sadly we didn't got the intended ending of his arc and character in TCW.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If he was even supposed to die in TCW. Or was it said that he was supposed to die in TCW?

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Lucas intended to close up all loose ends within the series before it was over, starting with season 5.

11. Padema

Padema Jedi Master star 1

Mar 11, 2007
    2 questions

Padme's family name was Naberrie, right? And she only took the name Amidala as her professional identity when she ran for queen and was elected? This was how I understood it based on the novelizations of the movies.

Did Palpatine get all wrinkly because of Mace reflecting the Force Lightening back on him or because he finally let the Dark Side out completely. Making his face look as ugly as his soul. Or maybe a combo. of the two things?

12. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

I think the official explanation is because of the lightning being reflected back on him, although I think it's a combination of both. Palpatine probably decide to drop the pretense anyway.

13. Mandalore Rising

Mandalore Rising Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 5, 2017
    In ROTS, when Yoda is talking to Qui-gon about becoming one with the force, do you Yoda said this to him about Anakin?

"Warn you we did. Listen you did not. Screwed we are"

14. Zejo the Jedi

Nov 16, 2016
    There were 13 arcs left, Maul appeared in 1 that was adapted to a comic and the final one, but i don't think he was supposed to die in TCW.

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I never said he was supposed to die in Son of Dathomir. I'm saying that the loose ends would have been dealt with, the villains in particular that were not in the movies would have to die. Be it Savage, Maul, Talzin, Vizsla, Ventress, etc... Why would Darth Maul, out of all of them, be the exception? He's not a random bounty hunter that can be disregarded as a background character. He's a big villain. He was brought back in TCW and his story would end in that project too.

16. Zejo the Jedi

Nov 16, 2016
    I didn't say he was supposed to die in SoD, i was talking about the final arc. Those stories are still considered canon and since he appeared in Rebels and made a reference to that unseen finale, one can assume he wasn't supposed to die there.

17. CaptainSuchandSuch

CaptainSuchandSuch Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2015
  18. CaptainSuchandSuch

Dec 8, 2015
    Also note at 9:13 how Anakin's voice ("Padme") is synced with Vader's, which I thought was a nice touch.

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Moving this to the random content thread.

CaptainSuchandSuch likes this.
  20. Padema

Padema Jedi Master star 1

Mar 11, 2007
    Um, why is there Disney stuff like Aladdin in this board today? Is it an April Fool's Joke?

CaptainSuchandSuch and Pensivia like this.
  21. CaptainSuchandSuch

Dec 8, 2015
    Didn't you know? It's a Disney Board. That's why The Force Awakens is everyone's favorite movie here.

I kid, I kid.

22. Anakin 99

Anakin 99 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2016
    What happened to the kamino technology after the war

Over the years I find it harder to believe Darth Vader can not be fully healed We talking about a universe where they can build a clone army But we must believe they can not clone him a new lung Something we can do or very close to doing in our world and his Burned body why not put artificial skin on him we know they can do that from Luke hand

23. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    Here are the reasons I've heard:

- On some level, Vader believes he deserves to have that low-rent suit of his after everything he's done to his old life. So long as its not hindering him too much, he can put up with it. Also, the pain and rage from that suit feeds into his power, fueling him.

- He would have to be completely disconnected from everything built within him that would be keeping him alive. Palpatine probably lambasted him with the "It's too risky! You'll die!"

24. DoYouWantToBeASnowman

DoYouWantToBeASnowman Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2016
    What is Count Dooku's first name?

25. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Count. Obviously. :p