main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 The Last Jedi panel..Friday 4/14

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by star_wars_is_good, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

what about the fact that doors close for the over night campers from 12 AM to 5 AM might that not help my chances what are the chances 3,000 plus camp out over night?

why not just sell tickets for the panels? that seems more fair. I mean I am not leaving my house at 3 in the morning that is kind of ridiculous IMHO

2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I don't think so because everyone will just show up at 5am. People would throw a fit of they charged for panels because they would sell out instantly and people would feel cheated for buying tickets to the con and not being able to get in any panels.

3. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

I think It seems more fair for people that don't want or cant camp out or wake up super early also less chaos and more organized, again just IMHO look at how movie theaters have changed for the better with online ticketing and something that is starting to catch on in the states, Assigned seating which I am liking more and more! You can pick where you sit!!!
    Have you ever gone to Celebration?

4. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    You will be able to get into a panel for sure. There should be 7 wristband panel queues for Friday, so there is no way all 7 panels will be full by 8AM. However, if you're asking what are you chances of getting to "The Last Jedi" panel, I'd have to agree that it's probably 0 for main room. Overflow? Hard to say. This is going to be the most popular panel for the whole weekend, so not sure if all 7000 wristbands will be gone in the 2 hours the queues will be open before you arrive. Best I can say is get Twitter if you don't have it already and follow @sw_celebration as they will post updates there on wristband availability.

Here's an example of when they were posting updates for the Rogue One panel at Celebration Europe:

Wristbands starting to be handed out
    https://twitter.com/SW_Celebration/status/753835120306507776

Now handing out Rogue One satellite/streaming room tickets
    https://twitter.com/SW_Celebration/status/753860411267620868

Rogue one panel full
    https://twitter.com/SW_Celebration/status/753869402819272704

5. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I've been to two Celebrations. Movie theaters are different because there's so many screens. If one show sells out, they can usually just add another one. At Celebration, there's limited space for the big panels. I like knowing if I really want to see a panel, I can guarantee a spot by getting in line early. If they did it another way, it basically becomes a lottery and I lose the way to guarantee my spot.

6. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Thank you for the twitter idea I will just keep checking throughout the night and morning and if it sells out I can try another panel! I still like the idea of buying tickets to panels...
    If you bought the tickets to the panels the minute they go on sale you wouldn't miss out especially if you have high speed internet and I do!!!!!!

Jedi Older Code likes this.
  7. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, It'd be like buying tickets to a popular concert.

8. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014

Yea I'd be totally Fine with that!!!!!!

9. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014

[​IMG]

10. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Cinemacon is not for fans. It's for exhibitors. I run a theatre we get to see all kinds of exclusives. Hell last night I saw Pirates of the Caribbean and today they surprised us and showed us the new Fast and Furious movie.

If they did show footage I'm sure it would have been the stuff from the stockholders meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Padme501st likes this.
  11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Was Pirates any good?

12. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I liked it a lot. The last one was not very good in my opinion. This one was so much more fun to watch. The last one I didn't care about what was going on screen this one I did. The action was good too. Hopefully that works without giving anything away. Collider.com was live blogging after the movie right next to me. I video bombed them at one point walking by

Padme501st likes this.
  13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Cool. I really liked the first two. Hated the last two.

14. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Thanks for that review, it makes me excited to see it. I liked 4 but not as much as the first one and I couldn't stand 3 so this gives me hope

15. Boba Tea

Boba Tea Jedi Padawan

Jan 31, 2017
    I'm sure this has been asked and answered but, you need a wristband for a panel room even if it is being streamed from another stage yes?

16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Correct.

17. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    And charging even more for a panel on top of the ticket is not fair to those that don't have kind of expendable income.

As much as I don't look forward to camping out all night - it's forcing one to EARN it.

Old school camp outs meant those that really, truly WANTED it made it in. When you camped out all night for a Rolling Stones or Wrestlemania ticket. Now it's just whoever has a bot that can buy tickets when they go on sale.

No disrespect but charging is a terrible idea.

18. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Yea, charging for individual panels, on top of the fee already paid to attend the event, would be ridiculous. SDCC doesn't even do that, and people camp out for days just to get into the main panels.

Padme501st and jerejerebinks like this.
  19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    then they could charge considerably less for the celebration ticket? I mean IMHO the celebration ticket is kind of steep for my liking but the tickets were a gift so I guess i cant complain really but i wouldn't have bought them at that price that they were for one day.

20. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    Considering how things went the date and time tickets went on sale last year, I wouldn't trust Disney/Reedpop to handle what is essentially a lottery to be able to buy tickets to individual panels.

Padme501st likes this.
  21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I like the idea of something (panels) still being "free" with the price of admission. Ticket prices are only going to go up, not down. I'd hate to see them charge $50 or whatever they would charge for tickets to big panels. No matter what system you use, you'll always have people not happy. The system now isn't perfect, but it works. There's no added cost and if you really want to go, you can camp out.

22. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I'd rather have to get a wristband at 5 am for most panels and know that I have a seat than have to be in line for 4 hours for the off chance that I "might" get in only to find out that I didn't and now my day is entirely wasted. Anaheim was a disaster overall with line queues and times, with the amount of people attending wristbands aren't a bad idea. It's not the best but it's better than it used to be.

23. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    Really? My wife and I didn't have any issues in Anaheim and we only lined up for big panels like an hour and a half to two hours in advance (except for the opening panel. We went at 6am and got into the Digital stage overflow). The arena fit more people than all the rooms in Orlando combined IIRC. The only real disaster I remember were the people who got forgotten about for the episode II screening (and those people had every right to be upset because the convention staff just straight up forgot them).

24. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    I think the important question here is Rian and Kathleen buying us pizza? ;)

25. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I got lucky getting into Rebels but I wasn't even planning on it, the staffers were trying to fill the back row and since they didn't want to clear out the room for ESB and that's what I wanted, I went in for Rebels as well. It was about 2+ for Carrie but some of them were full way in advance and the staff was having trouble estimating how much room they had. Everything just seemed very chaotic but I guess only having previous Celebrations to compare would make sense. Double the attendance, makes everything crazier