main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Celebration Schedule

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Rox , Mar 24, 2017.

1. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015
    Given MyShow isn't working yet and the 'draft' schedule is in a format which makes it difficult for planning, I thought I'd put together a more visual schedule for everyone to help plan out their celebration.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If I was going the talks by Doug Chiang (Thurs) and Jason Fry (Fri) would definitely be on my list. Chiang gave a great talk last year at CE. Jason Fry was on a panel last year but was quite good as well.

3. Echosen

Echosen Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    Nice Torz.

Xinau likes this.
  4. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015
    The thing that stood out is that there are too many good things on the first day. How do you pick between Lando and the Emperor & Maul?

5. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I also think a lot of my favorite panels are in the evenings. As of now my biggest clash is that I really want to go to the FFG panel, but I also have a ticket to the 501st banquet the same evening.

6. GermanBoba

GermanBoba Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2016
    Well I think we can safely assume that Friday 5.30-6.30 is Mark Hamill Show and Sunday 1.00-2.00 is the Future Filmmakers Panel, as both of these demand both main stages for a larger viewing audience.

Xinau likes this.
  7. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I've seen these guys in panels before. I'd recommend McDiarmid and Park.

Torz likes this.
  8. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    I'd go McDiarmid and Park personally. I went to the BDW panel at Celebration Anaheim and he seemed kinda bored the whole time. McDiarmid and Park's panels were fantastic though. Both seemed like they were having a blast (Park especially. He seems like he genuinely loves being in the Star Wars fandom).

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I saw Billy Dee Williams at the first CE in London. Was not impressed at all. He came over as ill, stoned, or hungover. We ended up leaving after about ten minutes.

10. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I can only agree. I saw BDW once, and he seemed bored and actually quite rude towards the fans, while McDiarmid and Park have had some great panels.

11. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Went to both Ian McDiarmid's and Ray Park's panels at Anaheim as well. Both were great and kept the crowd engaged. Lots of fun little tidbits of information you simply wouldn't get anywhere else.

Ian did a reading of SW Shakespeare in his Emperor voice. I swear something came over the room the moment he began speaking. Even the moderator came on stage afterwards and said the same thing.

I will definitely be going to the Always There are Two panel.

And to be honest, after watching the recorded livestream of his panel, BDW seems like a bit of a sleazeball.

12. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015
    The "Coming Soon!" panels have all been announced now.

Thursday (Galaxy) @ 5:30-6:30 - Star Wars 365: Fact or Fiction

Friday (Galaxy) @ 3:30-4:30 - Heroines of Star Wars
    Friday (Celebration) @ 5:30-6:30 - Mark Hamill's Tribute to Carrie Fisher (Live)
    Friday (Galaxy) @ 5:30-6:30 - Mark Hamill's Tribute to Carrie Fisher (Streamed)

Saturday (Galaxy) @ 2:30-3:30 - Galaxywide Premiere: Star Wars Battlefront II
    Saturday (Galaxy) @ 4:30-5:30 - Star Wars and Disney Parks: A Galaxy in the Making

Sunday (Galaxy) @ 11:00-12:00 - Rebel Reunion!
    Sunday (Celebration) @ 1:00-2:00 - Hamill Himself (Live)
    Sunday (Galaxy) @ 1:00-2:00 - Hamill Himself (Streamed)
    Sunday (University) @ 3:00-4:30 - Star Wars Is Forever (II): A Fandom Homecoming

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I wonder who will be at the heroines of Star Wars panel?

14. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    Guess there's no Han Solo/Future Films panel this year? Would've been cool to get a preview.

my kind of scum likes this.
  15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, sounds like that will be at D23.

16. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    My bet is Daisy Ridley and Felicity Jones

17. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    I'll be in Aneheim on the last day of D23. I'll have my 7yo on that trip though. Been debating on getting a one day pass to check it out...this would convince me.

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    If it was them and Eckstein, that would be amazing. Felicity is only signing on Saturday though and if they were going to be there, you'd think they'd make a bigger deal of it.

19. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    I had to Google to know who that was. lol.

Do the official guides have a description or will we just kind of be guessing before getting a wristband to one like that?

20. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015

3:30-4:30pm The Heroines of Star Wars
    Strong female characters are central to the “Star Wars” universe. From Leia to Padmé, Rey, Jyn, Sabine and Ahsoka - each has become a fan favorite around the globe. Join Dave Filoni, Lucasfilm Story Group's Carrie Beck, Ashley Eckstein ("Ahsoka") and Tiya Sircar ("Sabine") for a talk about the importance of these role models, how they have inspired generations and where we might see them next!

21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Thanks. I may check it out, but not a "must see".

jerejerebinks likes this.
  22. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    For the screening of RO and ANH Friday night, I'm wondering/hoping that they are able to somehow edit the films where the ending of RO goes right into the beginning of ANH. If they can somehow take away the credits on RO, and then not show the opening scroll for ANH, and make it all appear as one film, I think that would make for a truly unique experience that you wouldn't get anywhere else.

Leia's Twin likes this.
  23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    There's already some fan edits out there. On YouTube you can find the ending/start edited together.

24. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Thanks. I'll check that out.

Still though, seeing it as one extended movie on the big screen might be something you'd only get at an event like Celebration.

25. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002

Yeah, this one bums me out. The Rogue One panel was my surprise favorite panel in Anaheim. I was hoping for a similar sneak peek at the Solo film, though I suppose they didn't want to interrupt filming for Celebration.