main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Wristbands and attending big panels at Star Wars Celebration Orlando (a mini guide)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by TK--421, Mar 27, 2017.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    ^ I think it's important to clarify that the Fisher panel is on the Celebration stage and streamed to Galaxy.

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  2. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    That can't be stated enough. Instead of ~2600 wristbands they'll have roughly just over 6000 for the tribute panel. Even people who show up at 5am might have a shot for both panels, though they'd likely be in overflow rooms for both.

3. Darksider13

Darksider13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2017
    ^^Yeah my bad. Sorry about the mixup. The stage situation is a bit new to me lol.

4. 80ninjas

Apr 25, 2014
    No worries. For anyone that attended Anaheim but not London the stage situation is also new to them (that includes me!). In Anaheim, the only events that were streamed to other rooms were the opening TFA panel and the closing ceremonies. Everything else was just on a single stage and there was no wristband system.

5. Kettchs_Girl

Kettchs_Girl Jedi Master star 1

Mar 22, 2004
    So if I want to see a second panel on a stage that requires a wristband, I need to get in the second line as soon as I get my 40th/TLJ band, instead of getting in line to enter those stages? At that point I am choosing either A) the best possible seat at the main panel or B) a seat at a second panel, correct?

Padme501st likes this.
  6. 80ninjas

Apr 25, 2014
    That is correct. If you want to see another panel in one of the two wristband rooms that day you'll need to get in line to get another wristband.

7. Boba Tea

Boba Tea Jedi Padawan

Jan 31, 2017
    For those of us who have their badges and lanyards shipped to us ahead of time, is registration still something that all guests need to do?

8. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    Nope, just head straight to a wristband queue when you enter the hall.

Boba Tea likes this.
  9. m.skywaIkr

m.skywaIkr Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2017
    Is it possible to go to the registration on Wednesday to pick up my Friday Badges?

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, you should be able to.

m.skywaIkr likes this.
  11. m.skywaIkr

m.skywaIkr Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2017
    Thanks this is my first US Celebration.

12. ticapnews

ticapnews Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2015

Thank you for the excellent post! Orlando will be my first Celebration and the info you provided was very helpful and cleared up several questions I had. I am staying within walking distance but it sounds like I'm going to want to do the sleepover thing to guarantee two wristbands.

One question remains: Will the Rogue One/A New Hope screenings be banded? Those screenings are Friday night and I already want wristbands for TLJ and the Carrie Fisher tribute by Mark Hamill. I would love to see the films with a couple thousand people, but not enough to sacrifice one of those panels.

13. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm very much looking forward to the RO/ANH screening as well. I think the two wristband limit policy only applies to "major" panels and would only take place during the morning queues. I highly doubt that any wristbanding for the RO/ANH screening will happen then. The screening is late in the day Friday and will run until well after Celebration closes for the day. My guess is a line will begin forming some time around late afternoon for it. And again, I doubt it will be subject to the two wristband limit. It's also on the main Galaxy Stage where most of the major panels are happening, so it may not even require a wristband at all if that stage is able to hold a lot of people.

14. TK--421

Jun 30, 2002
    You're welcome. I know this is going to be confusing for new people and Celebration veterans alike, so I wanted to help everyone out. Just so you know, sleeping over is only a requirement in my opinion if you want to guarantee access to the main stage. If a streaming stage is OK with you, I think you'd be fine arriving at 5AM and getting in line then.

As clearly shown in my original post, Star Wars A New Hope was a wristbanded panel. It's shown on the queue hall status sign:

[​IMG]

However, the next day they removed the wristband requirement for The Force Awakens and announced it via twitter so we shall see what happens. But as of now, I'd expect it to be wristband required.

15. Docgeo

Docgeo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    I have to be honest, I have waited 40 years to go to a huge Star Wars Convention and this just seems like a lot of stress. I spend all this money and I will have to sleep on the floor, and hope, to get into one of the panels I want? So if I didn't show up until 0800 each day I wouldn't get into any of the interesting panels?? I have this nightmare vision of standing in the convention center for 4 days just watching people walk around because I can't get into the panels I would enjoy seeing.

16. TK--421

Jun 30, 2002
    If you do sleep over at the OCCC, I'm willing to bet you will get into both panels you want.

Showing up at 0800, you will probably be slightly disappointed. You will get into panels, but they may not be your first and second choices.

If you don't want to sleep over, I'd recommend showing up at 0500 and getting in line for your first choice of panels.

17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I can see how it can seem overwhelming to first timers. Do your homework though, prioritize what you want to do and make a plan and you will have a good time. Even just walking around the show floor is fun.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  18. Docgeo

Oct 26, 2013
    Thanks for all the positive advice. I have the App and I have been prioritizing the panels I want. On Thursday, as an example, the only two panels that are really important to me are the Dave Faloni and 40 years of Star Wars. It would seem that I will be unable to see them unless I camp out. Do you all feel like this is a true statement?

thanks for the responses!

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    If you want to be in the main room for the 40th Anniversary panel, I would camp out to be safe. 5am may get you in.

20. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    If you show up at 5am, you should get a wristband for the overflow room for the 40th and you should be able to get a Dave Faloni wristband, no problem. Then you can honestly go grab breakfast or whatever and come back closer to the entrance time if you choose

I would even say showing up at 6 just for a wristband for Dave Faloni is no problem.

21. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006

The only panels that people are overnighting for is the 40th Anniversary, TLJ panels, all of the other panels you should be able to get into, you may have to wait in line for a 1/2 hour to an hour. If you get there at 8am you may miss getting into the morning panels but the afternoon ones you shouldn't have a problem getting into.

22. Docgeo

Oct 26, 2013
    Is the TLJ the panel that will likely have the sneak peek?

23. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Yes, There is a high probability that we will.

24. Docgeo

Oct 26, 2013
    So that is the one I will have to highly consider camping out for.....darn

25. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I also wouldn't dismiss going to smaller panels, even if they might not seem interesting at first. I love going to smaller stuff, like the collectors' panels because they tell really great stories around the Star Wars experience.

Valency Jane, Docgeo and 80ninjas like this.