main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 40th Anniversary Panel - Thursday 4/13

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by star_wars_is_good, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Alison Organa

Alison Organa Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2016
    Dude, I'm 50! Sleeping on the floor for two nights?! The Force is strong but the flesh is weak!

2. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    I am most likely going to be camping out both nights.

3. Echosen

Echosen Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    I read that OCCC is only letting overnighters take in what will fit in a backpack. I haven't verified this. But, This pool float works great as a air mat, and with all the air out, rolls up nice and compact. It's actually better as a cushion than a float (for going to the river anyway). It's the "intex tote n float"

Alison Organa likes this.
  4. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    On that note about whatever fits in a backpack....think I can get away with my chair just barely poking out of the top?

5. Alison Organa

May 4, 2016
    That's actually a great idea!

6. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
    I don't know if it's true or not, but apparently it can't be a lg expedition style pack either, has to be a standard size backpack. It would help if they had more info at the swco sleep over info section. I would say that your chair still qualifies as fits in your pack.

7. Alison Organa

May 4, 2016
    Ricardo Funes and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  8. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    It will make more sense for him to go to the 40th since Hayden will be there and he was such a big part of the prequels and to announce it there as a "we are celebrating 40 years, here is what's coming" announcement would also make more sense

9. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015

I'd like to bring my MEI Trekker I, which is 22x14x9" (FAA-approved for carry on). It's not knapsack-sized, but it's not a full-on backpacker-style backpack either. It's basically the size of a small, soft-sided carry-on suitcase.

https://meipacks.myshopify.com/products/trekker-i (minus the day pack, of course)

Do you think that'll fly?

p.s. I realize you're not the approval authority here; just wondering what your opinion would be and if you think others in line would think it's fair to bring in.

10. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
    It'd be better to contact RP or occc about what can be brought in for the sleepover.

11. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Depending on what you're travelling with in total, it's always possible to ask the staff or try it then and there when the line first opens up, possibly even a little earlier when you see them getting set up, and then if they say no just go back to your hotel room and swap it to another bag and head back. Within that time frame you should be fine in terms of your placement in the line.

jerejerebinks likes this.
  12. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda Jedi Master

Mar 17, 1999
    What's the chances the Last Jedi trailer premieres at this panel instead of first at the Last Jedi panel? After the 4 day sold out quicker than I thought they would, I decided to buy 2 days but the panels weren't yet announced so I purchased Friday and Saturday and now I wish I bought Thursday and Friday. I really hope the first time I'm watching the Last Jedi trailer isn't while I'm at universal studios on Thursday on my phone.

13. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I would be stunned if they did that.

14. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    The fear of that happening is part of the reason I decided to camp out for both.

I think the announcement of the third standalone film is more likely.

Padme501st likes this.
  15. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I highly doubt they will premiere the trailer for TLJ at the 40th Anniversary panel. Think of how many people will decide not to attend the TLJ panel if they see the trailer at 40th Anniversary panel. With the rate everything is going leading up to Celebration there seems to be an equal amount of anticipation for both panels, so I doubt they would do anything to mess with that.

jerejerebinks likes this.
  16. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    well except for recently where they said the 40th will be what drives the next days forward. What they could do is a small teaser on the 40th to get buzz going and the actual full length trailer on Friday for the TLJ panel. I doubt it but would make a lot of sense

17. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    True. I'm sure they'll have something to tease about TLJ at the end of the 40th Anniversary panel.

18. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I wouldn't be shocked if some of the stuff shareholders got to see a few weeks back is shown as a taste to get us all riled up. Then the main course of the trailer is saved for the TLJ panel.

Edit: nothing to see here, move along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Padme501st likes this.
  19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Is that for the AOTC spinoff The Last Nexu?

20. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    It's a backstory about how Snoke owned the last nexu and Luke accidentally killed it on a mission shortly after ROTJ so now Snoke is bent on destroying Luke and his family

Valency Jane, Dayman76 and Rox like this.
  21. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Damn autocorrect on my iPhone. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I hope this film is the big announcement on Thursday.

Padme501st likes this.
  23. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    It was already quoted. The evidence is there for all to see.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Spoilers! :p

Padme501st likes this.
  25. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    So is it correct that your auto-correct changes Jedi to Nexu? Makes me wonder what you are usually writing about. :p