main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Wristbands and attending big panels at Star Wars Celebration Orlando (a mini guide)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by TK--421, Mar 27, 2017.

1. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017

Thanks! I've been a Facebook holdout since it came on the scene, and don't plan on starting now, so I would appreciate any information filtered from there that you can provide. I'm planning on being at the OCCC around 7:30ish and maybe doing some loitering (or sitting in the car) until they open the doors for the Nightsisters and Nightbrothers.

Padme501st likes this.
  2. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    It's entrance E/F. So if you went last time, remember the entrance with the Death Star? That's not it. it's the one on the far right (if you are facing the building)

At least that's what their map and instructions are saying. We are basically underneath the Chaplin Theater

jerejerebinks likes this.
  3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Just follow the nerds. :)

4. Dayman76

Dayman76 Jedi Padawan

Apr 6, 2017
    Ah, I think you're right - my bad. I got tripped up between the distinction between the wristband queue and the general queue to enter itself.
    Wheels within wheels.

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    With that bit about the medical badges I bet a lot of people will get frustrated with having to camp out all night and miss the two big panels. I know I would if I had a major medical problem.

6. Boba Tea

Boba Tea Jedi Padawan

Jan 31, 2017
    So I'm not planning on staying over at all. But I am planning on getting there at 5am on the days of the panels that I want to see which will be nearly as exhausting I am expecting. Two questions.

Do you think that people will be staying over for the Anthony Daniels and the Mark Hamil panels? Would I still have to get there at 5am to see both?

7. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Well, the overnights are only for the Thursday and Friday panels. If they are real high priority for you, I'd go at 5 (or at least a little before 6). You can then always leave and come back.

8. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006

I highly doubt that people will be overnighting to see Anthony Daniels but Mark is possible.

9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    You can't overnight for Daniels and Hamill. They have Saturday and Sunday panels. The Hamill/Fisher tribute is different though.

10. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    Perfect! On a side note - this time next week, we'll quite likely have just seen TLJ trailer.

11. Boba Tea

Boba Tea Jedi Padawan

Jan 31, 2017
    Hey what is the deal with lanyards for badges. I just got my preorder battle of yavin lanyard. I can use that to wear my daily badge or do I need to get the ones they hand out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002

Use whatever lanyard you want. You just need your badge displayed to move about the convention.

13. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    Can you have multiple days on the lanyard as long as the current day is showing out? Not super excited about leaving a badge at the hotel.

14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I don't see why not.

15. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    If you have a backpack I would just keep your other badges in there and have only the badge for a particular day presented. Did you buy individual passes for all 4 days?

16. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    Just Thur and Fri.

I fly home on Saturday.

17. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Gotcha. You should be fine either way.

18. Steve Davis

Steve Davis Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2017
    Landing in Orlando at 9am....any chance I can make this 40th Anniversary panel with this wristband protocol?

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    No, I don't think so.

20. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Same here. And I don't want to join just for one event like this.

21. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    Hi everyone!

Finally was able to get the edit function working so the following questions have been added:
    "What does a wristband look like?"
    "What do I do for other panels that start later in the show?"
    "I have a medical sticker, how do I get a wristband?"

And the biggest change, it appears they are not locking the doors at midnight anymore. All reference to locking the doors at midnight on Thursday and Friday have been removed from the navigation guide, which is a huge change. Now you can come later in the night instead of the binary choice of 12am or 5am if that's your thing.

QueenSabe7 and Valency Jane like this.
  22. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Why am I just looking at this thread now? 5 days before the big event?? :p I've been freaking out about the whole panel/wristband procedure for a while and the OP info has definitely helped put me at ease. (Celebration newbie here, obvs)

Thank you, TK-421!

Valency Jane and TK--421 like this.
  23. FinnPoe

FinnPoe Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2017
    How many people are camping "in" with kids? We REALLY want to get into the 40th anniversary and Last Jedi panels. I've never been to a Celebration and just recently found out how difficult it is to get into the "main" panels.

My son is 9. I think he's old enough to handle it, but I do want him to actually sleep. I bought lightweight "backpack" camping chairs, and with that I think he could sleep with his headphones and white noise going on his iPad. It would save us a hotel room on Wednesday night. I think we will want to go to a hotel to rest after the 40th anniversary panel, so we do have a hotel room for the rest of the time.

Xinau likes this.
  24. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm taking my 10 year old son to the over night line. He's pretty excited. We too will have the iPad and snacks and stuff to make it comfortable for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xinau likes this.
  25. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015

Good on you -- he'll remember it for the rest of his life :) (and you, too)

MTFBWY

(it's times & events like this that really make me wistful that my wife & I don't have kids)

Padme501st likes this.