main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Drowning in Moonlight - Memorial Gala April 13th

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Feb 5, 2017.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    All information taken from the event's FB page - Drowning in Moonlight - Memorial gala in honor of Carrie Fisher

2. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I have heard of enough people going to this that I just bought at ticket, now I need to figure out what to wear to a black tie event.

3. Echosen

Echosen Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    Hi, is actually from nice casual to black tie, or as one of the organizers told me in a email, "come as you are". They also clarified this under the How should celebration remember Carrie thread. I'm opting for very nice still casual maybe with a jacket, depends how warm it is outside that eve.

4. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    It's says "dress up or dress-up". I'm coming in Jedi robes. Looking forward to it.

5. Docgeo

Docgeo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    I am wearing my Army Dress Blues with a black tie. Authorized wear for social gatherings.

6. Docgeo

Docgeo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    Just bought my ticket. I downloaded the eventbrite app. the ticket is on that...so I am good? I don't need the physical ticket? I also have the receipt in my email. I am really not all that great with technology....lol!

7. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I"m wearing a full blue gown withe pale moons on it.

Skickat från min GT-I9515 via Tapatalk

8. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
    Obi Anne I was looking for u to say hi, don't see u

9. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
    I thought this was an ok event. I found it some what poorly managed as well but with really great intent.
    We walked in thru the pool area, and found out at the entrance there were tickets we should pick up for raffles, the pool area is quite large, so I ask a lady that was helping at the silent auction where I could pick up my ticket, she had no idea, and couldn't direct me anywhere. Ok I'll find it myself. I also brought pins probably enough for every1 there, and I asked the wrong people for assistance again. I wanted to find a way to hand the pins out to evey1 without actually doing it myself so I talked to a gentleman and lady again at the silent auction table. They said they'd take care of it for me, come to find out they started tossing a pin into each bag if you bought a raffle ticket for another drawing, yet when the MC announced what prizes could be won, he mentioned nothing about this last minute edition. I should have just went to the MC and said I want every1 here to know theres a gift for everyone to take home.