main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Wristbands and attending big panels at Star Wars Celebration Orlando (a mini guide)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by TK--421, Mar 27, 2017.

1. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    I think Reedpop is trying to drive me crazy. The doors being locked after midnight has reappeared in the navigation guide, so I've modified the wording of my guide back to the old way assuming the doors lock again.

Valency Jane and Padme501st like this.
  2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Yep. As of now it says...

Pack your Star Wars jammies! Wednesday and Thursday nights will be the "sleepover" nights in the Celebration Queue Hall (Halls D and E).
    • Celebration Sleepover nights will be Wednesday, April 12 and Thursday, April 13, 2017.
    • On each night, the process will be the same for participating:
      • Starting at 8pm Wednesday and Thursday evenings, the queues will open. We will have separate Wristband queues (link)for each show on the Celebration and Galaxy Stages, and also a separate queue for those wanting to access the Celebration Exhibit Hall or other programming (no wristbands).
      • Doors for registration and the queue lines will stay open until 12 midnight Wednesday and Thursday evenings.
      • At 12 midnight the doors will close for the night, with no one else allowed in. There will be concessions and bathrooms open inside overnight.
      • Please note that no camping cots, and no chairs larger than will collapse and fit in a backpack.
      • If you choose to leave after 12 midnight Wednesday and Thursday, you will not be allowed back in the Registration and Queue Hall until 5am the next morning.
      • Wristbanding (link) for Celebration and Galaxy Stage performances will begin at 6am in the associated Wristbanding queues.
    Thanks for the heads up.

3. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Urgh. There goes my Thursday then. AT least they clairifed..

4. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    I'll be there with my 8 year old. He's very excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. FinnPoe

FinnPoe Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2017
    Thanks for the replies. I feel better, and I know there will be security. I don't want him to ever forget this massive party!

6. Echosen

Echosen Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    FinnPoe may wanna consider the "intex tote n float" makes for a better cushion than float, if you do get this bring some cord/or shoelace so when it gets rolled up and compressed it stays that way.

7. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    I have to say - for an event this large, the whole thing seems insanely disorganized. They wait wayyyyyyyy too long to update folks on stuff in the first place which makes making plans a nightmare and then they're changing things or leaving things unclear right up until the time people are flying out.

Valency Jane likes this.
  8. SkyloRey

SkyloRey Jedi Knight

Jan 5, 2016
    Thanks for this thread. It's my first time going so it's very helpful.
    One question: I'm going Thursday and if I don't plan on going to any panels and I just want to go to exhibition hall, what time should I show up? Would 8:00 be early enough? Thanks.

9. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, you'll be fine at 8.

10. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    I keep checking the Facebook page for any changes/announcements just in case.

Docgeo and Padme501st like this.
  11. Docgeo

Docgeo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    I don't have Facebook so I will keep checking here for updates

12. Boba Tea

Boba Tea Jedi Padawan

Jan 31, 2017
    I'm having trouble choosing my second big panel for Thursday. After the 40th what are you guys choosing?

13. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    Dave Filoni.. hopefully hear some cool insights into Rebels and maybe the future of animation and Star Wars.

Docgeo likes this.
  14. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda Jedi Master

Mar 17, 1999
    Is there a list of all the events that there are going to be wristbands for? I'm going just Friday and Saturday and I only am for sure going to The Last Jedi events, not sure what other 3 wristbands to get yet.

15. Boba Tea

Boba Tea Jedi Padawan

Jan 31, 2017
    Anything on the Celebration or Galaxy stage will be wristbanded. You can have a max of 2 wristbands per day.

16. Boba Tea

Boba Tea Jedi Padawan

Jan 31, 2017
    Anything on the Celebration or Galaxy stage will be wristbanded. You can have a max of 2 wristbands per day.

17. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm not doing a second big panel. I'm going to try and hit the store and maybe hit the Doug Chiang panel if I can make it. I'm assuming Thursday will be the slowest day and want to take advantage of that.

18. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    No big panel for me after the 40th on Thursday. Got Hayden, as much shopping as possible and regrouping for the next line wait. However Friday I'm aiming for Mark's tribute panel as my second

19. Steve Davis

Steve Davis Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2017
    What happens after you get your wristband? Do you go directly into the hall and wait until the show or are you able to leave and come back?

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    You can do either (you don't get to go in the hall, it's just a different line). If you leave, you're taking a worse seat.

21. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    Go get some breakfast and shower. The screens going to be huge. I just don't see it's worth it after waiting all night to jump right into another line so you can be 10 rows back.

QueenSabe7 and Docgeo like this.
  22. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Keep in mind that just because a big panel later in the day is handing out wristbands in the morning doesn't mean it is going to fill up. I would like to see Ray Park's and Ian McDiarmand's panels on Thursday afternoon, but I'm not going to worry about getting a wristband for them. If it is anything like Anaheim, you will probably be able to just walk right in close to start time for a lot of those panels in the afternoon on the main stage.

I agree. And I think most people will realize that when the time comes. If they hand out wristbands at 6, you could easily step away for a couple of hours and come back by 8, or later if you want, and still be fine.

23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Just be careful with that wristband in the shower. :)

Docgeo, Dayman76 and jerejerebinks like this.
  24. Darksider13

Darksider13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2017
    Saw the mention of no camping cots. I have a roll out cotton mat. When rolled up, it's small enough to fit in a backpack. Is that good enough? It doesn't have any stands or anything so it's not really a cot but I'm not sure what their requirements are for "Sleeping cots".

Another question, I am going to be arriving to the convention center much earlier than I expected. I know they're letting people camp out starting at 8 but we all know there'll be a line for the camp out (because we're all insane). Where do ya'll expect this line to form for those who can manage to make it there before 8? Do they have a plan to disperse people before that do line up in front of the chute queue room? Thanks guys!

25. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    ^ Supposedly security is going to keep people from lining up early, but we will see how well that is enforced. It won't really matter though. Everyone who is there at 8 won't have a problem getting a wristband.