main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Celebration Guest List

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Rox , Dec 29, 2016.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    If you look at the photo op schedule, Hayden now has two different times for Thursday (pretty sure it wasn't that way before). That explains the extra availability.

2. xyloren

xyloren Jedi Master star 2

Feb 19, 2016
    Yup, I noticed that last night. Also, they extended his afternoon time because when I first bought his Thurs ticket I put it in my phone as starting at 1:45 going to 3:00 and now it shows he starts around 1:15.

Padme501st likes this.
  3. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Ah, yeah, they moved him from 2-3 to 1:30-3, so all together an extra hour of photos. I've got Hamill at one, so I'm going to hustle down there from the 40th Anniversary panel and get Mark/Hayden back to back. I should be good with my line skips.

They also have AM/PM screwed up on the schedule. I think it's safe to assume that my Hamill photo op isn't at 1am.

Chewies_bandolier and xyloren like this.
  4. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    I feel sad now. I remember how last year, Carrie apparently talked so much with the fans during her signing sessions that she was way way late for her photo spots and we were all there waiting for her in the evening. She was a trooper but looked so tired :(

5. xyloren

xyloren Jedi Master star 2

Feb 19, 2016
    What's the best item to get autographed, or does it matter?

I've had this MIB since ROTS came out, and it's one of my favorite display pieces. It was the first thing that popped in my head when I bought my Hayden autograph, and I think it'd be awesome to have it as a keep sake, rather than some stock photo that everyone will have!
    [​IMG]

I guess my question is if anyone has had experience with getting plastic boxes/action figures signed or if it's just better to get a picture or poster. This is my first autograph rodeo :)

Valency Jane likes this.
  6. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I'm group B for Hayden's auto and I'm trying to plan out my day. Obviously 40th panel, stop by Del Rey to pick up the Celebration edition of the new Thrawn book (I want my pin) and then go to my Hayden photo op. Then it gets messy cause I want to go back to the hotel for a quick shower/change of clothes/ repack my overnight bag, I have that Hayden autograph and volunteering orientation at 6:45.

So since I'm Group B for Hayden's auto, I don't know if I will get to do photo, auto, hotel, orientation or photo, hotel, auto and orientation. I can't miss orientation or be late and I'm not going to the hotel afterwards cause it will be right before the TLJ queue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Hayden's first auto session is 3:30-4:30. If you can get in that, you should be okay. That would give you two hours until your orientation.

Padme501st likes this.
  8. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Sigh, well, thanks for posting that info. I guess that means I can stop refreshing the pre-sale page every few hours.

I've gotten MIB action figures autographed before, and I'm planning for another this time around (Dutch Vander). Personally I like doing that if there's a figure I like. Be very, very careful with it after it's signed because the Sharpie will take a long time to dry on the plastic and it can smudge very easily until then. Once I got a signature on the cardboard part of the packaging (it wasn't straight plastic like yours, but it had some kind of laminated layer on top of the cardboard), and I didn't realize that even after 20 minutes it wasn't dry yet and I accidentally messed it up. If you can find a deep enough shadowbox, those make good display options for a signed action figure if you'd like to hang it up on your wall.

9. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016

Able to tell me where I can access the photo ops schedule? Not seeing it on the app/site

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    https://www.starwarsauthentics.com/...n=Xzy3DD_OmIx44nx6AINEWdge87Sp1Fx-W5sRns0XEz0

11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Looks like they've closed presales.

12. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016

Thank you for the link for the schedules. Just saw they closed presales to. Will they be posting another round of photo ops for sale on the site or will they be for sale physically there?

13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Any tickets still available will be sold there.

Jamtia likes this.
  14. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I have a couple more questions:

For the autograph line, is it only allowed for people with tickets to be in line? Or can you have someone else be in line with you also, just whoever you're attending the Con with? I know the photo op allows for up to three people to be in it, but I'm wondering about the autograph line. On one end, I don't think that should be an issue. But on the other, I can see why they wouldn't allow that as that could be a backdoor way for someone to at least meet the person signing without paying for it. Not to mention the time spent for those few moments with each person that can add up.

For the photo ops, do they allow for a photo to be taken with your personal camera or phone as well? I've seen that at events before, where the official picture is taken, and then a staff member will also take that person's camera (a small one obviously) or iPhone and take a picture with that too. Is this at all likely to happen at Celebration?

15. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    Ok for the photo op, the individual picture with your phone or camera is a no. At least for the big names, like when I did Mark and Carrie. The "cheaper" guests you could in the past but now with everyone being a photo op option I doubt it. A friend just went to a local con Saturday and met Tudyk, there are no cameras allowed near the table even though he isn't behind a curtain so I'm expecting the same from Celebration (even if Ray Parks says he will still take selfies like he has always done)

As for the autograph, I heard several things, I heard they can wait with you and then stand to the side and away once you get to be next, I heard they can wait with you and go in for the autograph, just can't get more autographs with no ticket, and I heard they can't be in line at all to reduce the line. I don't know what to believe but I wouldn't be surprised if the rules depended on the popularity of the guest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. micmac12

micmac12 Jedi Padawan

Apr 6, 2017

Agreed for the photo-op, but for the autograph, I'd be surprised if they didn't allow other people to stand in line and go up to the table with the autograph ticket holder. It'd be absurd for me to be forced to stand alone and my wife off to the side just because we don't have two tickets? I can see parents being upset as well. Should their kid stand in line alone? If not, what's the age cut-off?

I sent an email to customer service now, only because I'm obsessive about these things. Will report back if I get a response.

17. fgb5220

fgb5220 Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2017
    Do we know how many "groups" there are for a photo op? And did I read somewhere that you can go for the photo op at any point after your group has been called? Just wondering since Hayden has two time blocks on Thursday now and wondering if I will need to rush to be ready for the first one or if I can go to the second one if I prefer. I have group B. Do they not do a more detailed letter group schedule on site? or does everyone with that photo op show up and wait around?

18. micmac12

micmac12 Jedi Padawan

Apr 6, 2017
    This is the response I received:

"
    We are expecting very large crowds and we may restrict how many additional patrons can wait in line. We will do our best to try to accommodate your request.
    Thank you,
    Star Wars Authentics

"
    So...maybe? Sigh.

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Having your camera out in the photo op area is a good way to get kicked out.

You might be able to take a selfie with the smaller guests at the autograph table, but with the relatively limited signing windows, I would not count on it.

I have to think they'll let someone stand in line with you. Worst case I see is they only allow one person to actually approach the table.

20. Padme501st

Sep 4, 2006
    I'm thinking people like Mark, Felicity even Hayden, they will be stricter with because of the high demand which makes the lines already long. People like Matthew Wood, Ray Parks etc they may not care too much. it can get busy but not that busy.

21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It goes through E. You should be able to go to the later one if you want.

22. fgb5220

fgb5220 Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2017

Thank you!

23. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Okay. Thanks for the replies to my questions. Although not 100% certain, it gives me a better idea.

24. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    Do any of the guests ever just walk the floor during their downtime? I assume this would be a no because they would be mobbed by autograph seekers, but it would be pretty cool just to see them enjoying the hall as well.

25. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Some have been known to do it in disguise (ie. Walk around in a mask). I think Filoni walks around some. The last Celebration I went to, Daniels walked along the morning line and talked to kids.