main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 40th Anniversary Panel - Thursday 4/13

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by star_wars_is_good, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Steve Davis

Steve Davis Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2017
    Landing in Orlando at 9am....any chance I can make this 40th Anniversary panel with this wristband protocol?

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    9am on what day? If it's Thursday might as well find a comfortable place with strong wifi and stream it. Getting from the airport to the convention center before 11am when the panel starts is going to be tight. Might be impossible with traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Padme501st likes this.
  3. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Landing in Orlando at 8pm Wednesday night. Debating if I should camp out or get there at 5 am and try for a wristband. Can't decide lol.

4. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    By the time you get from the airport to your hotel, unload your stuff, and do whatever else you have to do to get ready, it wouldn't hurt to at least go down to the convention center and check it out. By that time it might be close to midnight anyway when they lock up, so it would only be another five hours of waiting from when you would be getting there at 5 am anyway. And I imagine anyone who gets there by midnight should be good for the panel. You could always get there, see it for yourself, and still decide you don't want to stay overnight and to just come back at 5. That is, assuming your hotel is within walking distance of the convention center.

Jamtia likes this.
  5. Jamtia

Apr 5, 2016

I believe it's about 10 minutes driving, but we will have a rental car. That maybe the best way to go about it though.

6. Leia's Twin

Leia's Twin Jedi Knight

May 19, 2016
    I live locally, so I will be working at my home office Wednesday, then have an HOA meeting at night. I plan on getting up at 4am (something I have to do frequently for my p/t job anyway) and heading over to OCCC to get there around 5:15 Thursday am.

Alison Organa and Padme501st like this.
  7. Darksider13

Darksider13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2017
    If anyone camping out tonight could take pictures of what the chute looks like (so I know all of what I can bring as far as pillows and such goes) that would be a huge help.

8. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm way in the back I just got here.

9. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    [​IMG]

10. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    Sorry what's this line to, camp out line to get in to camp or what?

11. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    It's the camp line for tomorrow's panels. Line stretches out onto Exhibit Drive from what I can tell

12. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    Lines moving pretty steady now. Almost inside

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm inside but it's bottle necked at security

14. Darksider13

Apr 2, 2017
    RIP trying to camp out for TLJ panel...

Valency Jane and Alison Organa like this.
  15. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    Why do you say that?

16. Darksider13

Apr 2, 2017
    ^I have a terrible feeling that the TLJ panel is much more anticipated than the Anniversary panel and that more people will be able to camp out earlier for TLJ. I can't get there until 8 because I have 2 exams tomorrow that don't let out until 5:20. So I'm sort of mentally preparing myself not to be able to get a galaxy stage wristband since I'll be showing up so "Late".

17. Jamtia

Apr 5, 2016
    It's saying on the big screen when you walk in on the big screeen that Galaxy room wristbands aren't available. Is it because there are already too many people camping out?

18. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Yes

19. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Yes the live stage line was closed off a while ago.

20. Jamtia

Apr 5, 2016
    Thanks for the update guys. Wow that's insane

21. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I can confirm the cutoff for getting in the live stage was around 9pm. I got in line closer 5am and we are also in the Celebration Stage.

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    The panel was everything and more. After all the bitching and moaning, sleeping in that super terrible camping chair and having people jump ahead of us in line I couldn't have had a better time. Shout out to my family, the two groups on either side of us in line and everyone here.

There was a moment where I definitely got a little sappy after everything that Star Wars has meant to me growing up. When I was a younger man and fought depression I always had the galaxy far, far away to fall back on. At my wedding my nephew even played SW music for us live for one of the dances. I'm exhausted but feeling gracious to be part of such a great community. I hope each of you had just as good a time as me and my family did.

DieWompRatDie and Guidman like this.
  23. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    The panel blew away my expectactions. The John Williams reveal was amazing. Seeing George, Harrison and Mark on the same couch was awesome. They handled the Carrie tribute flawlessly.

Guidman , Boba Tea and Rox like this.
  24. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm so happy that I got up and saw it. I got in line at 5:45 and doubtez that there would be any space left in the overflow rooms. People around me gave up, but I decided to not go until the announced that all the rooms were full. I got within the last 100 or so, but I got in and was very happy that I stayed

Skickat från min GT-I9515 via Tapatalk

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  25. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    Overall, I liked it. I found a couple things a bit odd though. This was about celebrating 40 years of SW, so why leave out the new actors from TFA? They're part of it. And then at the end have everyone, PT, OT and ST actors on stage together.

I also thought the Carrier Fisher tribute was going to be longer and not attached to the 40th anniversary panel.