main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Not going to SWC17, but watching the streamed events

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Skywalker2B, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Since my 25th wedding anniversary is the following, and my wife is way more important to me than SW, I'll be missing this one. But, I do intend to watch the live-streamed events (as I did for the last one). Does anyone know the website/url for the streaming?

2. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    It'll be on the Star Wars Youtube channel. Just search Star Wars and you'll find it.

Dagobahsystem and Skywalker2B like this.
  3. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    StarWars.com will have it on their main page each day. It won't be hard to find.

Skywalker2B likes this.
  4. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    Roger that on both. Thank you.

5. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    I'm also watching the live stream. There's no specific schedule of what's streaming when, like last year. This is the closest thing I've found, and its kinda helpful. I've asked for an exact live stream schedule, but nothing is forthcoming. I just hope they don't do a repeat of what happened with the RO trailer last year.

6. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Oct 8, 2000
  7. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    I'm sure the schedule will either be announced on The Star Wars Show today or published shortly after. Should be sometime after 3PM EST. Last year, they put a lot more panels up online after that they didn't stream live.

8. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    I'll definitely be trying to watch as many of the panels from the UK as possible this weekend, I know the 40th panel tomorrow is 4pm BST.

I nearly had a heart attack on Monday when our home broadband went down again for the second time this year, the first time it took over a week to get fixed! Thankfully this time it was back up on Tuesday, phew!

9. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    I went to the official SWC site and checked out the daily schedule pdf's and made notes on which panels/events that I want to watch: 2 on Thursday, 3 on Friday, 6 on Saturday, and 2 on Sunday. I'll probably only get to watch 1 or 2 of them live streamed.

10. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Trust me, it's a fun time just watching the live stream. You still feel like you're a part of it along with everyone in attendance as well as the wavering number of people that tune in online throughout the weekend.

JawaShuffle and Dark Lady Mara like this.
  11. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    I had fun watching the stream the past two years. They do a lot of small 5-10 minute interviews on the stage they have set up. Sometimes they just show the crowd in the main hall for 15 minute stretches or so but at least they play music from the scores so it's not that bad lol.

12. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I felt the opposite watching the live stream. I felt like I was missing out on the party, so that's why I'm here now!

13. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    I, too, felt like I was missing out on the party while watching the stream. I saw people I know from Rebel Legion and 501st and wished I could be there with them. *sigh* But, watching the stream is better than nothing. I also like reading all of the posts from people that are there, and seeing the threads/articles that quote the various tweets about "breaking news".

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  14. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    These are the panels they said they are streaming on The Star Wars Show today:

Friday
    -40th Anniversary
    -Animated Origins

Saturday
    -The Last Jedi
    -Making of Rogue One
    -Heroines of Star Wars
    -Carrie Fisher Tribute

Saturday
    -Rebels Season 4 preview
    -Anthony Daniels
    -Battlefront 2

Sunday
    -These are not the droids you're looking for
    -Mark Hamill
    -Closing Ceremony'

I have to imagine there's more they will be streaming

15. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I mean, last year was in Europe. I live in Los Angeles. There's no way I could have gone to that. I knew that. So I guess I had a different approach when I tuned in every night to watch it. Started at like 3 am PST and ended around noonish. So I just stayed up and watched it. Then I'd go to work that didn't start until later in the afternoon. Did that the whole weekend. It was fun.

But I see what you're saying, that if it was here in the US, and there were no circumstance beyond my control that barred me from going, and I just didn't make the effort to go, than yea, I could see why someone might feel like they're missing out.

16. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    MotivateR5D4, see my OP, there are most definitely circumstances barring me from going. ;) While I have, over the past 27 years, educated my wife about everything SW (she awes the kids at the school where she works with her SW knowledge), she still has little to no interest in attending a SWC with me. And I couldn't go to SWC this year 1 week before our anniversary. Hopefully, next SWC my son and I will be able to make the trip.

17. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Nonsense [face_thinking]

Skywalker2B likes this.
  18. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Oct 8, 2000
    I'm with Guidman. I really like the live stream and feel like I'm there. The whole "Celebration exclusive" merchandise is a bit of a bummer for me. I have some chronic health issues, and I'll probably never be able to make it to a SWC. I totally understand why they do it. I still wish there was a way for folks in my situation to have access to some stuff. Last year it was the Loth cat. This year its the TLJ shirt and Thrawn book. Guess I'll wind up stalking ebay, but the markup on most stuff is just insane.

Here's the YouTube link for today. ....and we're off!

Guidman likes this.
  19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Anyone else having problems with the live streaming? It's gone into a constant buffering and stuttering for me. Started around the time they began talking about Carrie. Seems to have died a death now. Other sites are OK so I don't think it's me.

Skywalker2B likes this.
  20. PongKrell

PongKrell Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2016
    Yeah I've had that as well. Tried refreshing and it goes back about 30 seconds and stalls again. Just got to wait it out I think.

It's back up now.

21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Hell of a time to die..

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, it was great til the streaming started to act up. Might be a coincidence but it seemed to get glitchy when the number of people watching got to be around the 70-72K number.

23. OliffWanKenobi

OliffWanKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016
    Yeah same here, it konked out completely when Billie Lourd came onstage but came back for the video tribute and John Williams. Still we really enjoyed the panel, and I suppose you're bound to get some issues with the live stream. No news out of the panel really, but the John Williams live performance was something else, not jealous of everyone there AT ALL. Nope. :_|

Skywalker2B and Anakin.Skywalker like this.
  24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, not at all jealous..:p

OliffWanKenobi likes this.
  25. Skywalker2B

Dec 8, 2000
    Well, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that experienced issues with the stream. I kept moving my car to a new location thinking it was my connection. Annnndd...I am out of data for the month. Looks like I'll be paying extra for more data for tomorrow's TLJ panel. I should probably try to find a free wi-fi hotspot for my "extended lunch" tomorrow. ;)