main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 The Last Jedi panel..Friday 4/14

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by star_wars_is_good, Feb 15, 2017.

1. m.skywaIkr

m.skywaIkr Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2017
    Maybe interesting for people with the same TLJPanel/Hayden Photo Op Conflict on Friday.
    I emailed Mary Franklin from ReedPop.

My Question:
    (...)
    I have only a friday ticket and a Hayden Photo Op Ticket for that day.
    The Last Jedi Panel and the Hayden Photo Op will be at the same time.
    If I camp out with a friend and try to get a wristband for the TLJ Panel, will it be possible to let my friend hold a seat, while i'm taking the picture with Hayden and rush over to the Panel? Or will doors be closed once the Panel started, even if i have a wristband?
    (...)

The Answer:
    If you have a wristband you'll be able to get in.

Mary Franklin
    Global Event Director, ReedPOP

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

2. Darksider13

Darksider13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2017

Honestly surprised that people are sticking with their Hayden Friday tickets. I'm contemplating getting a Hayden photo pass for Friday but if I'll be there for the TLJ panel, I don't wanna rush from one to the other, especially considering I won't have anyone to save my spot because I want my sister to be in the picture with me.

3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Last year they didn't stream the exclusive Rogue One trailer to the streaming rooms. The streaming rooms cut out at the same time as the internet stream I believe.

That said, the TFA teaser trailer from Anaheim was streamed everywhere including online. Since we've had nothing for TLJ this is extremely likely to be the case again this year.

Dagobahsystem and QueenSabe7 like this.
  4. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    The panic is starting to begin, and I don't leave till tomorrow.[face_nail_biting]8-} I wanted to get in the TLJ panel; but with all of the lines and wristband rules I'm not sure I can do it. :p Plus it's my first Celebration, so I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing or what it'll be like.[face_nail_biting]

How late do y'all who've been to Celebrations before think I can get there Fri. morning and still get in to see the panel (screening room is fine with me; I just want to see what they have to say)? Or I guess I should ask how early I should be there Fri. morn...:p

5. Alison Organa

Alison Organa Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2016

You sound just like me! :)

6. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I know US Celebrations tend to be busier than the Europe ones but last year I'm almost certain that everyone who arrived before 8am got in to at least a streaming room for the Rogue One panel. People who turned up at 6 when they started distributing had no problem getting in the main room for Rogue One and another for their choice and the Hasbro exclusive if they wanted it.

I expect Orlando to be busier but it's a rough guideline. See what people say online about the over night queue and wristband distribution for tomorrow's 40th panel and use that as a guide.

7. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    Awesome, thanks ChrisLyne; will do! (One advantage of not being at celebration tomorrow; watching the first wave of overnight & wristband madness from afar :p) As long as I get into a streaming room I'll be happy; that's really the only panel I am determined to see, the rest I'll just wing it for.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  8. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    You're welcome :)

If you're happy to see it streamed then I'd say with (almost) certainty that you don't need to queue over night, just get there early for when they start distributing wristbands. 40th panel reports will hopefully confirm or disprove this (just remember to factor in the extra trailer hype lol) but I found the over night with fans to be one of the most enjoyable & memorable parts of the last Celebration so if you're up for it I definitely say do it at least once.

Dagobahsystem and Valency Jane like this.
  9. Darksider13

Apr 2, 2017
    Not gonna lie, judging on tonight's line, I'd say if you don't wanna camp out, get to the convention center at 5am flat. They topped out of galaxy stage tickets at 10:30. Friday's attendance will be much larger so expect an earlier line.

10. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah I just read that. Wow! Even for the TFA panel in 2015 I remember reading people who showed up early morning (like 6am) still made it into the live room. The queue sounds insane this year!

Think if I was there my plan would be to get back in line the minute today ends, then take turns with my wife to nip back to the hotel to drop stuff off, shower & change!

Definitely keeping this in mind for 2019!

11. smith6373

smith6373 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2017
    I have the 40th panel followed by a Mark Hamill photo op, which I figure will be done at the worst by 2ish. The kids and I plan on lining up immediately thereafter for TLJ as long as they are allowing it again. We got here at 5pm last night and were shocked by the line at that point, so I don't want to take any chances. I can post any updates then if it would be helpful. Rumor on the floor is that some people are lining up even now.

12. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    This is crazy! I kinda get it (maybe) if you don't have Thursday tickets or just missing the last bit of the afternoon, but are people really choosing to miss a full day today just to line up for tomorrow already?

13. Darksider13

Apr 2, 2017

Buzzing on social media I'm seeing is more and more people are talking about lining up immediately after the 40th panel. My test doesn't let out until 5:30 and it takes about 30 mins to get there so we'll be lining up around 6:15/6:30. I'm doubting I'll make it for the live stage even at that time. My guess is anyone coming past 8pm is almost guaranteed a non-live stage band. Really hope I'm wrong though.

14. Dandman1021

Dandman1021 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2017
    So I have nothing to do in Orlando all day. Should I just start making this line already lol

15. Darksider13

Apr 2, 2017

Seriously, yes. If there isn't a line already, I'd say start one. I'll be joining you in about 5-ish hours lol.

16. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    Am I safe in assuming you're already there and there's no line?

17. Dandman1021

Mar 13, 2017
    You are correct

18. Darksider13

Apr 2, 2017
    Did they let you start a line or did someone say you can't start it yet?

19. SWFanatic94

SWFanatic94 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 10, 2017
    Does anyone know if people are already lining up for TLJ panel?

20. Dandman1021

Mar 13, 2017

They told me that there are no "official" lines

21. Dandman1021

Mar 13, 2017
    I'm waiting in front of the queue where they had the 40th anniversary. Hoping to find out more soon.

22. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Ok maybe a stupid question but are these lines to get into the main floor or building or are they just lines for panels or are they both?

23. Dandman1021

Mar 13, 2017
    UPDATE.

Line formed outside the building. Not too long.

24. SWFanatic94

SWFanatic94 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 10, 2017
    I guess I'm gonna hit the TLJ queue this is a not miss panel for me

25. Darksider13

Apr 2, 2017
    My ride is gonna be like 40 mins late so I'm not getting there until 6:30/6:45. How does the line look now?