main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Star Wars: Galactic Nights at WDW April 14th

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by D-Ludicrous, Jan 11, 2017.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Well, the schedule is out. And Friday night they're doing a dual screening of Rogue One and A New Hope. I definitely want to do that, so looks like no Galactic Nights for me.

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    That I would be interested in. I might stop over after Disney and see if there are any seats left.

3. Echosen

Echosen Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    Did u get hard tickets mailed to you? I have e tickets that I use to get my real ticket at the gate, or something like that

4. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I did. But I just loaded them on to my magic bands we had from last years trip to Disney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015
    For me, I'm glad I picked up Galactic Night tickets a while ago. I can watch the movies any time, but I don't get the opportunity to go to Disney World every day!

6. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    Same. More power to those that would prefer to see the films - it's your vacation/getaway/etc, do what makes you happy - but even had I not already purchased the Disney tickets, given the choice between seeing movies I've seen dozens of times vs. attending a first-of-its-kind Disney experience, it's a pretty easy choice.

7. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
    I tried to put the barcode into the my Disney experience app, but wasn't able to do it, didn't accept the code. No worries. This is our first time visiting Orlando and probably won't visit again for awhile. SWGN was a yes as soon as we saw it an option, plus get some fresh air and trip around the park in the eve for a party, after the conv fri? yeah! I'm really curious what the scavenger hunt collectables and backdrops will be, it'll make for some great photos with the kid(not really a kid, he's 23). Although I'd like to checkout Star Wars world in Orlando when it opens, LA is much easier for me. To get to Orlando we have a 4 1/2 hour drive down from the forest of endor, to get to SFO, then a 5.5 hr flight. BTW the weather looks like it's heating up really fast In the south east.

8. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    The weather is Orlando is pretty much always warm. You can go on Christmas Day and swim and lay out in the sun.

You can safely expect high 80's when were there.

9. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    I don't see it posted here yet, but tickets for Galactic Nights are sold out. i tried last sunday and got a Sold Out warning after trying to complete the purchase. at least now the site says it's sold out and doesn't allow you to add tickets to your cart.

10. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, it sold out a little while ago. I think I would have passed anyway. The Hamill Fisher tribute panel goes until 6:30, so by the time I got there, I don't feel like I would have gotten my money's worth. I hope everyone that goes has a blast.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So what time are they allowing people into the park for this? It says the event starts at 7 PM but I've heard people say they'll let people in earlier than that. Trying to figure out when to head over there.

12. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    You can enter the park at 5pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. atmicwedgy

atmicwedgy Jedi Knight

May 26, 2007
    I was really tempted with GN, but was waiting for the schedule to come out, which 'conveniently' happened around the same time the event sold out (I guess I wasn't the only one). Plus, there was concern about getting there early enough/leaving late enough to make it worthwhile, but without sacrificing much of the next day to exhaustion. And more minor, the costume policy (which while understood) was a bit of bummer.

Fortunately, my wife is joining me after SWC, and we are hanging out around the parks for a few days, so I guess I will just settle for a non-Star-Wars-Weekendesque Hollywood Studios visit. We did manage to get tickets for the Star Wars firework show dessert party, so hopefully that will do.

For those that end up going, enjoy.

14. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
  15. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    I'm here now! Great energy in the park and a whole lot planned.

Great way to end my time in Orlando

16. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Getting there probably in a half hour. Stayed through for the Carrie panel, just so sad.

17. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Galactic Nights was fun. Great atmosphere and dug the sticker collecting. Liked the one time merchandise they had for this event. Wish I got here earlier to do everything. Didn't get to do photo ops with the stops and wanted to face my fear and finally do tower of terror.

18. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    Had a blast tonight. The only "special photo op" I did was the Rogue One one but did meet Kylo Ren, took a selfie with a Jawa, and one with R2.

Also had a Vader cupcake and really enjoyed the fireworks display. It was funny how after seeing Mark live twice this week, seeing him do an announcement on camera was like "mehhhh" lol

19. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015
    We went for a nap at our hotel in the afternoon and ended up sleeping right through Galactic Nights. The last couple of long days really caught up. Shame, sounds like you guys had a great time.

20. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    That was a very expensive nap.
    I almost did it myself, but luckily I woke up, got on my way and had a nap in the cap instead.

21. Echosen

Feb 1, 2017
    That was a fun time. It was nice how short the ride lines were, 15 min max, if even. The whole time my son goes" oh these stickers we are collecting would make a great poster, only to have them handing out the prints at the exit". We didn't wait for any photo ops at the backdrops (which were really nice, but the lines abit long) we just snapped photos of them. My top 3 rides there, star tours, the Aerosmith coaster and Toy Story(scored 188k on it)

22. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015
    Sure was. But when I bought it I knew there was always a possibility we wouldn't make. 30+ travel hours to Orlando, two full days at Disney, 16 hours in line for TLJ. And about 4 hours sleep combined. The body was going to shut down at some point. Haha.

23. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    That was easily my favorite part of celebration. So much fun and handled absolutely perfectly by Disney. Reed pop could have learned a thing or two there...

24. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    That Toy Story ride is typically about a 90-120 minute wait and fast passes sell out almost immediately. Hopped on it just walking up. ReLly kicking myself for not "playing" a second time.

That was also my first time riding the Rockinf Coaster as it's the only ride in Disney my kiddo isn't tall enough for and I was solo.

I'd definitely be down for another Galactic Nights when they decide to do it again.

Maybe May 4 every year is

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah it really was a great time. The fireworks show at the end was spectacular. Star Tours is always fun and it was nice not to have to wait very long. We rode three times. But one of my favorite things was the interview they did with John Knoll and Alan Tudyk at the Indiana Jones stunt theater thing. When Tudyk began talking about Anthony Daniels I thought I would die from laughter. [face_laugh]