main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    So where do people think it'll be held in 2019? I predict either Anaheim or Orlando again to coincide with the opening of Star Wars Land.

Edit: Also since there's a years gap, I thought at SWCO they may have revealed the next ASWS standalones. Ah well, as Obi-Wan would say, "Patience!" ;)

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I remember in 2015 the rumour was alternating years for US/rest of world and then the US ones would alternate between Anaheim & Orlando. By that logic we're missing a Europe/ROW next year and then 2019 will be Anaheim.

Selfishly I hope it's Orlando as that would be cheaper for me to get to but then Anaheim means I get to visit the original Disneyland for the first time so that'd be worth the extra cost.

I was hoping the next ASWS announcement to but with TLJ, Rebels Season 4, BF2 and more that was probably one expectation too many. A name for the Han Solo film though...

3. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    Yeah they were very quiet on the young Han Solo front. My guess is they haven't settled on a title yet (just name it 'Kessel Run' already!) ;)

It would also be easier for me if it was Orlando, coming from the UK. But I have a feeling (to make it fair), it'll be Anaheim.

4. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015
    Wherever it is, it's hard to see me not going to the next one, having had a taste for it. Couldnt miss it!

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  5. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    First one in the books, I hope it's in anaheim/Orlando. I'm from New England so either one works. If it is in London they better take me to pinewood studios lol.

6. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    London would be perfect for me but I can't see it happening. If it's back in Europe then maybe Germany again or France?

Another question though. If Episode IX is May 2019 rather than December would you want it before or after? The insane hype of being just before the end of the Skywalker Saga or celebrating the completion of the trilogy of trilogies and being able to discuss every aspect of it?

7. smith6373

smith6373 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2017
    I went with my 16 year old daughter and 13 year old son (our 1st) who both had a ball and may have cried to leave. Was hoping to find out the next was but they've already told me we're going no matter. Hoping selfishly for Orlando but I guess Anaheim. Here's to 2019!

8. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Wherever the parks are and therefore wherever Disney can make the most money from the fans.

:\

9. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    I think it's gonna be in Anaheim because of the opening of Star Wars Land and since it was in Orlando this year, a slight rotation.
    I hope the 2019 one is in Europe. Hey, you guys in the US literally get TWO Star Wars Lands that's gonna be open all year. Can't we get Star Wars Celebration for a few days as a "consolation price"?

Darthmaul208 and PongKrell like this.
  10. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015
    We all know it's time.

Celebration: Down Under. Let's make it happen. :p

11. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    It would be fair! I'd like them to move around more although I doubt Austrailia is going to get it anytime soon. (But I support it!!) It's a long and hard journey for everyone, but of course, on the flip, it's the same for the "down under" fans to get to a Celebration in the US or Europe.

12. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015

It would never happen, but one can dream! Of course they need to have it in places which make it feasible for the maximum number of attendees and special guests can make it. So Europe and the US are logical choices.

13. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I'm not sure this is still the case but last I heard the plan was for SWL at DL to open in Spring 2019 with WDW opening later in 2019. I would think that's why no announcement yet, they'll want to see which park will be ready first, and tie it together. Corporate synergy and all that.

Point to note: May 4 2019 and May 25 2019 are both Saturdays. I'd put money on Memorial Day weekend 2019 as the next convention. If Disney was willing to sell a separate ticketed event for Galactic Night during the Easter holiday I have no doubt they'll do the same for Memorial Day weekend.

14. Darksider13

Darksider13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2017
    I honestly believe the reason they're hanging out until 2019 is to coincide with the Star Wars land openings and I believe they're setting it up so that celebrations will be held at those two locations simultaneously around this time each year.
    I honestly think this may have been one of the last celebrations held in a convention center for a very long time (perhaps until the next big milestone, like 10th anniversary of Disney's acquisition of LFLM). It's probably cheaper for celebrations to be held at a place like Star Wars land and I bet they build spaces built to be able to host large stages, autograph areas and showrooms like they would need at a convention center. If you check the map, all of the areas (outside half of the show floor) can fit easily into a theme park space. We'll see, perhaps it's still cheaper and easier for them to do convention centers but I think they see an opportunity to make a lot of simultaneous bank where people just pay an upcharge (as they do at Food and Wine fest) to come to celebration activities and ride rides at the same time.
    But we'll see. It would make it a lot easier for fans because anyone from Asia or Australia could go to Anaheim and then European countries could come to Orlando.
    Only issue with that setup I see is splitting talent across the country literally. Like it's hard to have Mark, John Boyega and Kelly Marie Tran come to Orlando but have Daisy, Benicio Del Toro and Oscar Isaac come to Anaheim. It'd be even worse if one place got the whole group and the other got older cast members.
    Perhaps they'd alternate each year. Who knows. Either way, in two years I'm hoping that the location won't be an issue and I can make it regardless.

StarWarsFan1997 likes this.
  15. Dandman1021

Dandman1021 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2017
    It's gonna be in either Orlando or aneheim. I'm from Miami but I would much rather see Anaheim to be honest after seeing how disfunctional and unorganized Orlando was. Also one of the staff members told me that Rian Johnson wanted to bring everyone food on Thursday night like pizza or something, but the convention center did not allow it so they could continue to sell the food by the queue lines.

16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Love to go in Celebration in 2019!! Especially sense it'll be the end of the ST!

CaptainRegor likes this.
  17. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Scum.

EDIT: RIan responded (!) - he has tweeted that "I think it was a health code thing actually, I was told we would have had to arrange it with them far in advance."

so .. he tried.

so many thoughts right now, the main one being that despite some unbelievably cool stuff, had I been to this con first, I doubt I would've gone to another - best part was the fans. worst part was also (some) selfish *******s who were there (staff and fans).

18. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I like the idea of doing some of the larger panels outdoors - Disney parks tend to have arena type seating areas for their various live shows.

19. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I've never been to a Celebration before but I would think that it would always be held in a convention center of some sort. I can't imagine Disney would want to test out a newly opened park section with holding a major fan convention inside it and basically at least doubling the daily attendance they already have. The park has 14 acres to build its land, it would seem like a waste of real estate to build facilities that would only be used once a year in it. They could retropurpose a stage show to handle the major panels but they would need more than one to hold all the satellite streaming rooms. The queuing could be a nightmare too. Would the line before the official line start in the parking lot the day before? It would just seem like a logistical headache for Disney to hold this in the park and seeing from what I've read that ReedPop had problems with this years Celebration, holding it in a new environment for them could easily compound this.

20. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    I'm hoping for Anaheim, myself. Orlando is much, much cheaper for me but I like an excuse to get some fresh experiences.

21. jeykey

jeykey Jedi Master

Jun 27, 2013
    I don't know much about the parks in US but i doubt Disney would let a Star Wars Celebration happening in one of their park.
    it would be hard to explain to their usual/classic customers that they can't go to their newest Land because of a convention, plus it would really overcrowded the park.
    But it could be possible to do special nights, after regular openning hours, just for the Celebration people (like the Halloween night events).

Convention center are made for convention
    maybe target a bigger convention center, or manage the convention in a better way (but i don't think it's Disney's job anymore)

CaptainRegor and Guidman like this.
  22. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    I completely agree! They did have an event in Disney World this time, so yeah. The convention center in Anaheim is literally next door to DisneyLand so it would really easy for them to do. I believe the one in Orlando isn't too far away either. As for Europe, I'm not sure how the convention centers are in Paris, but it's most likely doable there too

Guidman and jeykey like this.
  23. jeykey

jeykey Jedi Master

Jun 27, 2013
    Well, officially there aren't any plan for a Star Wars Land in DisneyLand Paris, they just re-opened the Star Tour(2nd version) 3 weeks ago

24. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah, I know. I was just thinking that if they wanted to throw a party in the park (like they did in Orlando this year) it would be doable

25. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    My guess is Anaheim for 2019. The new park opening and the new phase of the Anaheim convention center being done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk