main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Red Leader, This is Gold Leader... the Social Thread is Marked and Locked In

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 15, 2016.

1. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    The visual guide actually has a morbid answer.

Ponda and Evazan were preforming back-alley surgeries on citizens of Jedha, and had a group of followers named "The Decrainiated", because their brains were removed from their heads. Some of their "work" can be seen in the film.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Caysin_Bog
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Decraniated

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    There was a short story in the anthology Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina that told their story. I don't remember details, but it was obviously a take off on Frankenstein.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  3. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I remember reading most of that book.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Unstickied.

But not unloved.

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Rogue One Toys, BTS and more!

New pics from Rogue One A Star Wars Story! The Blu-Ray Premium Box, Collector's Edition comic cover, Jedha Revolt 4-pack, behind the scenes pics and a deleted scene with Chirrut!

6. Darth Voldemort

Darth Voldemort Jedi Master star 1

Oct 21, 2014
    Rogue One VHS commercial:

Jim Smith and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  7. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    If R1 was on VHS, I would buy!!!

9. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    So, yesterday, my wife, daughter and I were having a pleasant, quiet lunch at an eatery in Ridley, just outside of Philly, when life began horridly imitating the forums. There were 3 angry nerds fraternizing at an adjoining table who spent the entirety of more than an hour arguing about who was angrier at Rogue One, who hated Rogue One more than The Force Awakens and debating everything from how none of the characters exhibited any depth... to Rogue One's ending sucking (lulz)... to filmmaking techniques. My wife said she would bet that I had banned at least one of them from here at some point and that their "discussion" was verging on banality to the point of ruining her meal, to which I could only ask her to empathize with my volunteering to live that out on a consistent basis. I finally intervened when their vocabulary got out of control and I literally told 3 arguing Star Wars nerds that we have a Disallowed Words list. In a restaurant. In public. On earth. In real life.

12. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    You are my hero for life.

13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Well done, fearless leader. Well done.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Approximately 10 minutes was dedicated to debating which of the new droids, K2 or BB8, were more worthless, stupid, lame, etc. Another chunk of the discussion dedicated itself to which of the new female leads was more lame (... but HAWT). But, the piece de resistance was the absurd amount of time spent on the pisspoor character of Cassian: His name sounds like Calrissian LAWLZ. He had absolutely no character growth. None. At all. This was dissected relentlessly. They literally broke down how he killed the rebel spy at the beginning for no reason and then was a different person by the end of the film. To which my 8 year old daughter... 8... she is 8... vocally blurted out that means he became a nicer person. The majority of their energy expenditure was burned on how all of the characters sucked but it was bad to kill them all. Including "the blind karate guy". I said some things. I'll report those later. I am still digesting how these poor chaps spent their limited time out of parents' cellars doing... this.

Little did they know that we are quite close with the management and staff of this restaurant. I could legit have had them banned. In real life. META.

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm taking notes. I've been trying to figure out how to bring this modding thing into the real world.

16. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    You both need to get some actual ban hammers forged.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I am considering just carrying about an actual hammer with me.

BigAl6ft6 and EHT like this.
  18. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    That's why I prefer gushers to bashers (mea culpa). If I have to listen to an irritating conversation, at least it would be positive :)

It is cool to hate on popular things.

Back in 1977, when the original Star Wars was released, people wanted to show they were "in". Now they find cool to show that they are "out".

I feel old.

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, thinking that if we posture as contrarian that it somehow causes people to believe we are offering some unique, enlightened perspective is just absurd.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Well in R1 merchandise news, I bought a Jyn Erso bookmark! (My Bart Simpson bookmark is years old and is getting haggard so I demoted it to a graphic novel trade paperback bookmark and my fancy new Jyn bookmark is for books). Kind of wider than a usually like but I can deal. It was either a Jyn or a Rey one and I went with Jyn. More of a tribute really to the fallen. Rey's still alive. RIP Ersos, heroes of the Rebellion.

Also in a forum related question, why are the topics for the R1 forum still hidden on the page page? Trying to preserve spoilers still?

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Because... um... well... I guess we forgot. [face_blush]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    You guys may have forgotten but every day I log in I still mentally note "Huh, R1 forum topics are still set to invisible." Every. Single. Day.

Please for my sanity, make it visible.

23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I've asked the appropriate people to please make it happen so keep an eye out!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    But spoilers! :p

BigAl6ft6 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Everyone dies...

...oops I forgot to put it in spoiler tags. :p

BigAl6ft6 and EHT like this.