main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Rethink Your Life: A New Hope - PT Social Thread

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by heels1785 , Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Debbie downer alert (you've been warned lol):

Been reading some psychology lately again, and I rewatched a film I really enjoy about the costs of early childhood trauma, and the loss of connection with others, with parents, that goes on afterwards, the internal damage caused (2003's Hulk)... I have to say, doing the readings and then seeing the film makes it easy for me to think about Anakin. It's just so sad he has not able to get the help he needed. :( He very clearly needed help, and by help, I mean some sort of therapy or inner work, something more than he received... perhaps beyond what the Jedi could give him... *gets sad about the tragedy of it all for thousandth time*

Just had to post it somewhere to get it off my chest. In some ways, these films are so important... they are about so much, so much of the real pain and trauma that happens in the world, within people...

2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Happy Halloween and to all a good night

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    What the heck is going on here?

5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    TLJ! Imo Han Solo is mostly just a cash grab, just how i feel.But i am pretty excited for it. You?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Evening Star

Evening Star Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    The usual.

Anyway, Rogue One...

[​IMG]

7. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    That scene is all feelz.... :(

8. Evening Star

Dec 18, 2015
    TLJ. Because of Luke (I just realized we're gonna see him hold his lightsaber again after many, many years) and the scenes filmed in Dubrovnik. I'm always delighted to see that beautiful town on big screen, like in Game of Thrones. Also, Kylo Ren, the only new character I somewhat care about. It helps that he's a Skywalker.

I've never been a fan of Han, but I'll go see the movie, mostly because of my nephew (I watched TFA and RO with him). I know he's excited about that one.

9. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    The Last Jedi, by a lot.

After a Han Solo discussion I had yesterday, my enthusiasm for that film has diminished. Although, I'm sure I'll end up liking it.

SW has never let me down before.

10. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    Evening Star, just because. :D
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

As cool as the mask was I'm excited we get to see more of his face. Scarred just like Grandpa's; Rey really did some damage. :p

The poster w/him, Rey & Luke on it is so intriguing; especially that Rey's holding the lightsaber & it's changing from blue to red. Only a few short months and we'll know what it all means! Yippee! [face_dancing]

11. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005

[face_thinking] define excited

12. Evening Star

Dec 18, 2015
    Someone on instagram noticed Kylo's scar is a lot smaller than it should be. I guess it's gonna look different in the movie with heavier make-up, but he still looks too pretty for a dark side user. :p

[​IMG]

13. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    probably found grandfather's bacta tank too

14. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Why?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Speaking of the Han Solo movie...

16. Valency Jane

Jan 17, 2016
    Warwick is so awesome. =D= I have a newfound appreciation of the Ewoks in ROTJ after seeing him live, and like him all the more. So funny and totally into/embracing SW. :) I really need to see his other stuff too.

Currently trying to force myself to complete one paper and another project due tomorrow (project I haven't even started yet). It is not working. :_|

The urge to tell off my professors and just not show up to classes anymore grows stronger with each passing hour. How are y'all holding up, El Jedi Colombiano, Huttese 101? Hopefully better than me.

[​IMG]

17. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013

Eh, my professors aren't too bad so I'm not too dead on the inside (yet) :p

But yeah can't wait for the semester to be over and finally graduate

18. Valency Jane

Jan 17, 2016
    My professors honestly aren't bad either; my eng. one's goat & my edu. one's fun, the rest are good, I'm just so done w/papers & projects. [face_talk_hand]
    Sugar, Nine Inch Nails, and SW have been main things getting me through this semester. :p

Anywho, SW gif dump! As I continue procrastinating. 8-}

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    The real world sucks bro :p

20. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    I finally got to watched Rogue One a couple of days ago. I liked the characters better watching it for the second time, but it annoys me that the movie didn't match up with the established canon very well. And watching the rebels beat up Stormtroopers is pretty sad. Stormtroopers are now amongst some of my favorite characters in SW. They just seem so friendly, especially in Rebels, and they get beat up so much.

Anyway, I definitely like The Force Awakens better than Rogue One.

And as for which one I am more excited to see, I would say The Last Jedi.

21. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Although I realize the Han Solo film is a prequel and HF is too old to play Han, I'm not thrilled about recasting such an iconic SW character.
    I would feel the same about any recasting of a major SW character from the PT or the OT. Not a fan of that.

Also, there are many more interesting SW stories to tell than a Han Solo film, imho. I want the GFFA to keep expanding and not focus only on say, for example, Han, then Luke again, then Kenobi and then another Death Star etc...

Just my opinion. I'm sure I'll end up loving the Han Solo movie. You asked what we were more excited about, TLJ or HS, and I answered honestly.

22. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    Did someone say pirates?? oh no? well here anyway.

An international trailer for POTC 5 if anyone is interested with some familiar faces :p

Slight spoilers of who's in it. Just in case

23. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Thanks for the explanation Dags :)

Jedi Knight Fett and Dandelo like this.
  24. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
  25. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014