main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Vintage Collection Returns Spring 2017

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Darthmaul208, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Possibly the best news to come out of Celebration this year The Vintage Collection is returning in Spring 2018!
    Rejoice!
    It's a mainline, not store exclusive and the figures will be SA (Super Articulated).
    One confirmed so far: Rey (Previously released in the Walmart TBS Line).

TBS will continue for this year and give us at least two waves and about 4-10 figures- Ponda Baba (TVC), Sandtrooper (TVC?) , Prototype Boba Fett (TVC) and a Tusken Raider.
    The rumoured wave afterwards was TFA Luke Skywalker, Snoke, New Sequel trilogy "ERG" and a "blue X-Wing pilot". These haven't been confirmed except TFA Luke who will definitely come in some form.

There's a Fan Choice poll on many SW fansites for a TVC figure open now.

Who do you want to see?

For me it's Eeth Koth but that's probably not going to happen!

2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow, missed that. Glad to see it's not going to be a chain exclusive. Gives fans a wider net. Also always nice to see those retro Kenner style cardbacks. Haven't collected 3 3/4" at retail for quite a while, and not likely to start now, but they might entice me with a few of these here and there.

En Sabah Nur and Darthmaul208 like this.
  3. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Yeah, awesome news indeed! I'll likely really get into collecting this line. I hope we get the TFA and R1 figures re-released on vintage card backs. I wasn't able to get most of them so it'd be nice to be able to get them widely released.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Reads title.. Then reads thread.. lol
    Great news!! I'd love a Director Krennic VC! Is the Black Series going to be ending after this year??

Master_Rebado likes this.
  5. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    The 3.75" black series is ending it would seem. Which is great news because now people might actually be able to get their figures they want!

Master_Rebado, En Sabah Nur and B99 like this.
  6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'm haven't been a fan of them being WM exclusive for 2 years now..

Master_Rebado likes this.
  7. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Agreed. It's been a nightmare to find them, and when I do finally get them in stock at my Walmart its like five cases of the same wave.

8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Same here... Same 3.75' from Fall/winter 2015! Although I did see 1 or 2 Jyns couple months back. LOL so I see we live in same state.. No wonder we have same problems with figs..

9. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Yup, haha. The only wave I ever see is the snow Han wave. I got the lone 3.75" Jyn I saw. Never saw Cassian, or the R1 troopers.

Yup that probably explains it! Good ol Michigan.

B99 likes this.
  10. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Seems the best news out of Celebration even with the fantastic trailer. I look forward to these and hope they make the figures we want.

Darthmaul208 and LordThrawnStark like this.
  11. LordThrawnStark

LordThrawnStark Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 8, 2013
    I agree with everyone. This is great news. I still have a number of figures from the 2010-2013 Vintage Collection, and they were my favorite figures to collect besides the 30th Anniversary collection.

12. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I'll be curious to see what direction they go. Will the focus be giving new characters (TFA, TLJ, R1) the vintage treatment or will we see them go back and do new versions of characters from the OT that have already been made on vintage-style cardbacks? Hard as it is to believe, the VOTC (which kicked off this whole retro thing) is 13 years old this year.

13. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I'm betting on some new OT characters.

"There are a lot of great things to look forward to next Spring. It is believed the line will run for another three years (at the minimum), produce anywhere from 25-40 characters a year (expect the repacks), and some great characters which I really can’t reveal without punishment are on tap to make longtime collectors extremely happy. (Hint: one of them ISN’T Ben Skywalker.)"

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=20177/#details

Yakface/ROTJ Emperor/ Sim Aloo likely.

Lobot was said to be in the works near TVC's demise. Captain Rex will likely be finally released.
    And of course repacked TFA/R1 characters- Rey for one. And probably new ones.

The rumour a few months ago was the original twelve in TVC packaging but that hasn't been mentioned for a while now. BUT if it's like TVC last time with ESB kicking it off then that might be the case this time round.

whostheBossk and Juke Skywalker like this.
  14. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    whostheBossk and En Sabah Nur like this.
  15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, I just came across this one. Not exactly the most scintillating choices. I ultimately went w/Yak Face as being the least shrugworthy.

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I went for Ahsoka. I thought maybe Fives but I figured that wouldn't get many votes.

17. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    I don't understand why characters like Ahsoka and Palpatine would be included in a poll such as this. Surely they'd be featured in the collection regardless.

I voted for Aphra, simply because it make sense for her to score a fan vote. I doubt hasbro would look that far into creating her for any line otherwise.

18. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Why is Ahsoka even an option? She already was released in TVC. That's just stupid.

B99 likes this.
  19. En Sabah Nur

En Sabah Nur Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 5, 2017

It's the Star Wars Rebels Ahsoka that is on the vote list not the Clone Wars Ahsoka that was released in TVC.

I voted for Fives,love my clones!

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  20. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Ugh, lets get someone new here...

21. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    Doctor Aphra won the fan vote.

B99 likes this.
  22. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    What other figs will be releasing in the VC line in 2018?

23. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    B99 likes this.
  24. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Hope they do Rebels characters in Vintage! The card back with awesome live action renditions of the characters would be amazing to display.

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Anything new on the VC? News?