main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Post Celebration Blues

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi Older Code, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I told my friends "What if I missed my flight?" and I just became the homeless OCCC chick who still tries to keep Celebration going

2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Just with all your swag and whatnot talking about it like it's still going on. There's an episode of King of the Hill where Bill Dauterive does that after the holidays. It's kind of depressing to think if you were to actually see something like that in real life.

Jedi Older Code and Padme501st like this.
  3. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    Despite the negatives, for my 1st convention & SW Celebration I had an amazing time. Definitely feel like I'm still on a high, thinking about all the stuff we did, awesome panels we saw, & what an awesome, friendly community of SW folks I met there. Excited to go through pics & watch the many panels & listen to podcast recordings from Celebration that I didn't attend.

Definitely surreal coming back to reality; still couldn't sleep Mon. night, woke up every hour panicking thinking I have to get up early & stand in lines again. [face_laugh] Very happy to at least have the JCF to talk about SW. That's definitely the biggest bummer for me in the aftermath: not being able to strike up a convo about any and everything SW with anyone I come across, and have them totally get & be into SW too.

SO glad it's not for two years though; like Padme501st mentioned, gives us more time to plan and save. [face_money_eyes] Thinking about possibly cosplaying next go around. Just so much SW stuff to think about in the mean time I'm not too bummed out at all. :)

4. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    Yeah not being able to talk to anyone and everyone about Star Wars is indeed a bummer. And if it's over seas that'll give me more time to save.

Valency Jane likes this.
  5. Jedi Older Code

Jun 17, 2014
  6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    First day at work after CO today. The jetlag still makes me very sleepy in the afternoons, so I always fell asleep, but I cheered myself up with a film from the Running of the Hoods. That is one thing that is hard to explain for your co-workers though.

DieWompRatDie and Padme501st like this.
  7. Jedi Older Code

Jun 17, 2014

Running of the Hoods?

8. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    taking @MotivateR5D4's advice and listening to the live streams as I work

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We went to ExCel last year on the Thursday to pick our tickets up. There was no line so that went pretty quickly. After we got them we wandered down the main corridor. We couldn't see into any of the rooms and none of the concession stands were open so we didn't stay too long. It did feel eerie knowing that was the calm before the storm though.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  10. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012

Ahhh, yeah. I had the same experience! Although I picked up my tickets at the same time as David Collins and his wife so that was a bit exciting.

Padme501st likes this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It was pretty empty when we were there for the tickets. We got into the SW mood afterwards though by going down to Forbidden Planet and spending money (I did, anyway).

12. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Watched day 1 yesterday and it definitely took me back to being there. Going to spend today watching the rest of the days.

I'm literally still dreaming about it. Last night I was in some big obnoxious line that stretched into some behind the scenes area to get the Hasbro Luke Celebration Exclusive. Hah! Even in my dreams I'm in a line. I've had a couple more about it these past few nights as well and woke up thinking it was still going on. It's crazy that even my subconscious is still processing it. I guess when you're so immersed in something and it's all you eat, sleep, breathe, think, and do for four days that can happen.

Valency Jane and Padme501st like this.
  13. Docgeo

Docgeo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    This was my first Celebrations and I am a little down with it being over. I keep watching videos of the celebration and planing for 2019. It was a great experience except for the FUNKO and DEL REY booths.

Valency Jane and Jedi Older Code like this.
  14. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Running of the Hoods

15. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Well, just finished watching all the live streams. Caught up with what I missed and re-lived everything that I did. Now, I am truly lost. Hopefully they stay up a while so I can revisit them from time to time.

It's back to life tomorrow as I start my first full post-Celebration work week.

16. Jedi Older Code

Jun 17, 2014
    You can download the YouTube video with this http://en.savefrom.net/1-how-to-download-youtube-video/ just copy and paste the YouTube link.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  17. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Exactly one week ago we were all in full Celebration swing and had just seen the trailer for TLJ.

Valency Jane and Padme501st like this.
  18. Torz

Torz Jedi Knight

Aug 12, 2015
    Hard to believe that was a week ago already.

19. Jedi Older Code

Jun 17, 2014
    I’m starting to come back to life now that SWC2019 was just announced!!!

ChrisLyne likes this.